Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

A Better Love Deserving Of

“I hate you.” Olivia said as she sat down at a nearby bench.

Brendon started to laugh and shake his head. “Wha-why?” He asked.

She glared at him as he sat next to her and clenched her stomach. “Oh you know why.” She replied.

“It wasn’t all that bad and you look like you were faking the whole scared thing.” He said observing the picture the ride had taken of them.

She smiled knowing he was making fun of her facial expression in the photo. She took a peek at the picture he held in his hands and started to laugh.

“I look like I just shitted pants.” Olivia said laughing at herself.

“I think you look beautiful.” Brendon said smiling at her and leaning in to kiss her.

A smiled formed on her lips after his left hers. “So, what’s next now that we finished this park?” She asked.

“We got plenty of time to head to the Disney Studios Park and then tonight, we are going out.” He said getting up and extending his hand in front of him.

She arched her eyebrow looking at him curiously and took his hand. “Going out? Where?” She asked.

“You can worry about that when we get back to the hotel, for now let’s try catching the shuttle.”

4 hours later

Brendon and Olivia walked into their hotel room and immediately belly flopped onto the beds. They were both exhausted from their long day at the two parks they visited. Brendon heavily sighed into his pillow then grabbed the one next to him and threw it at Olivia.

“Hey! What was that for?” She groaned from her bed.

“You need to get up and go shower for tonight. We’re leaving soon ya know.” He answered back turning on his back.

“What the…? Why do I have to take a shower first? Or alone at that?” She replied turning her head to look at him.

He looked in her direction and smiled. “Because you take long getting ready and I’m too tired to get up.”

After a long yawn, she made her way to the bathroom. When he heard the water turn on, he quickly took out his phone and scrolled through his text messages.

To: Courtney Blaiden April 18, 2010 8:50 PM: Hey, sorry I didn’t answer back earlier. I’m on a mini road trip, but I’ll be back in Seattle in a couple of days. I’ll give you a buzz when I’m free.

Send

He wanted to tell Courtney in person that he was in love with someone else and it would be best to stay friends, despite their little rendezvous. Right after sending the text someone sent him one, someone he wasn’t expecting to hear from…ever.

Kayla Anderson April 18, 2010 8:51 PM: I miss u <3 and I’m sorry about everything. Plz talk 2 me, say anything.

Brendon stared at the text for a few minutes, baffled that she had even texted him. It had almost been a month since they last talked, well more yelling than talking. He placed his thumbs over the screen, hovering over the keyboard that appeared.

To: Kayla Anderson[ April 18, 2010 8:57 PM: I can’t right now & honestly, I wouldn’t know what to tell you other than what I did the last time we saw each other.

Send

Courtney Blaiden April 18, 2010 9:00 PM: A road trip w/out me? =( Well you better ring me when you get into town =]

After Brendon sent a reply to Courtney, he received another text from Kayla.

Kayla Anderson April 18, 2010 9:03 PM: Can we @ least meet somewhere & talk? I wanna explain what happened.

Brendon heard Olivia turn off the water in the shower and quickly sent a text back to Kayla saying he wasn’t in LA and wouldn’t know when he’d be back and he’d think about meeting up with her when he got back. He plugged his phone to its charger and got up to go take a shower.

Olivia rubbed the towel in her hair as she passed by Brendon. She sat on the edge of one of the beds and checked her phone. Nothing. She sighed, then looked at Brendon’s phone when it started to vibrate. She looked behind her to see if Brendon was in the bathroom, then in a sneaky manner got up and grabbed his phone. She knew it was horrible to be looking at his messages, but she couldn’t help herself. With her thumb, she unlocked his phone and it opened to his texts. Only two names appeared: Courtney and Kayla. Her eyes wandered all over the screen, reading the conversation between Brendon and the two women. Her heart sank after reading his text from Courtney and didn’t know how to take it. Why would he want to meet with Courtney after these past few days they spent together? She decided to stay optimistic hoping he just wanted to remain friends with Courtney. As soon as she heard the water stop running, she locked his phone and went to get ready.

1 hour later

“The boardwalk is beautiful, but it doesn’t seem like much is open right now. So, where’re we going?” Olivia asked as they continued walking.

“I swear you’re the most impatient person ever. It’s just around the corner.” Brendon said pointing in front of him.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest. Brendon laughed and placed his arms around her shoulders and, of course, Olivia couldn’t stay mad at him long, placing her arms around his waist. A few more steps and they stood in front of a blue and white striped building with the name JellyRolls spelt in big red letters. From where they stood, they could hear music being played and people singing along.

Olivia looked over at Brendon curiously. He smiled at her and said, “You’re gonna love this place.”

He held open the door for her and as they walked in they stood facing the backs of the crowd of people sitting at their tables, dual pianos with the pianist sitting at them, and two raised mirrors behind them. They had just walked in on the middle of a sing along and quietly sat at an empty table in the back.

One of the men playing the piano raised his hand to quiet the crowd and adjusted his microphone. “All right folks, that was great! Now we’re gonna change it up a bit tonight. We have a special guest with us who just walked in a few seconds ago. He’s the lead singer in a band, he’s a got a fantastic voice, plays the piano, and he’s my cousin. Give it up for Brendon Urie folks as he joins me on piano to sing.”

Brendon got up and gave Olivia that sly smile-the one he gives when he’s up to something-as she looked at him in disbelief, following his movement to the stage. He nodded his head to the crowd and sat down at the other piano, adjusting the microphone to his satisfaction.

“Hello everyone. As Rodney just explained, my name is Brendon Urie and I will be performing a few songs with my cousin. This first song may be one you don’t know and if you do, don’t be shy to join in.” He said placing his fingers on the piano keys.

The melody began, a circus like one, and Brendon started to sing a few notes; then after his cousin caught the tune, he joined in on his piano. Olivia sat there trying to figure out which song he was about to sing. She never told him, but she knew all their songs, purchased their CDs, and even thought about going to one of their concerts one year.

Then the lyrics started to come out of his mouth. “Is it still me that makes you sweat? Am I who you think about in bed? When the lights are dim and your hands are shaking as you’re sliding off your dress?”

His voice, his singing voice, was the most heavenly thing she ever heard. Every time he sang to her back when they were dating, she was hypnotized and would listen no matter what. This time it was no exception; she tilted her head a little to the side, smiling slightly and stared at him as he played and sang. He would subtly glance in her direction as if to let her know he was singing this song to her.

They locked eyes with each other. “Let’s get these teen hearts beating faster…” He finished.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this song =) If Brendon sang this song to me...=] haha
anways, classes start tomorrow, so I'll be a smidge busy this week, but I hope to have another update soon!