Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

Enough Chit Chat

“Do you remember the first time I told you ‘I love you’?” Brendon asked as they walked back to their hotel room.

She squeezed his hand and smiled at him. “Of course I remember. It was also the first time I told you that and it was my birthday.”

June 8, 2000

Olivia stood in the middle of the park alone, looking in every direction for Brendon. He told her to meet him there to get her birthday present. She saw the empty swing set in front of her and walked towards them. She gripped the chains of the swing as she sat down, her feet dangling a little off the ground. She leaned her head against one of the chains and closed her eyes as the wind blew passed her face, making her hair fly behind her.

Brendon walked up the hill and from the top saw the love of his life; only she didn’t know it yet. Today he was going to tell her how he truly felt about her and hoped she would reciprocate the feeling. He made his way down to her and quietly stood behind her, placing his hands over hers, inhaling the scent that came from her hair. He trailed kisses down her neck and back up.

When he reached near her ear he whispered, “I love you.”

She looked up at him in shock, but her expression softened into a smile. She bit her bottom lip and kissed him.

“I love you too.”


“I’ve never forgotten that day. You made my heart race faster and slower at the same time.” She said looking in his direction.

He grabbed her hand and placed it over his chest. She could feel his heartbeat as it pulsated through his chest to the palm of her hand.

He gave her a half smile. “You’ve always made my heart do that.”

April 19, 2010

“I can’t believe it’s our last day here. It’s been amazing.” Olivia said cuddling up next to Brendon.

“I’m glad you had a wonderful time, but it’s not over yet.” He said running his hand up and down her waist.

She got up a little and looked down, eyeing him curiously. “What do you mean? You have another sing along planned for us?” She asked laughing a little.

He reached for the back of her hair and twirled a strand with his finger. “Haha no, but don’t act like you didn’t enjoy it. I thought we’d have a nice dinner together, talk, and then come back here and…” He reached for her chin and lowered her face close to his until their lips connected. “…I think you get the gist of it.” He said pulling away from her.

She furrowed her eyebrows not wanting the kiss to end. Brendon laughed to himself and gave her a small peck on the lips. She smirked a little and grabbed his hand pulling him towards the bathroom.

“Let’s have a little preview of tonight.” She said teasingly.

1 hour and 30 minutes

“Damn Liv, you look amazing in this little black dress, especially your ass.” He said spinning her around.

“My ass? Your ass in those slacks.” She said wrapping her arm around his waist.

“I always did have a nice ass didn’t I?” He said conceitedly.

She shook her heard smiling at him and laughed. “Yes, Brendon, you always did. So, what’s this place called again?” She asked as they approached a tall building.

“The California Grill. I think you’re gonna like it, especially the dessert.”

Once they entered the building, they took the elevator to the top floor and stepped out to find themselves outside the restaurant. Glass windows encompassed the entire room and people were dining and drinking merrily.

“Name?” The hostess asked them.

“Two for Urie.” Brendon spoke.

The hostess looked over the paper she had in front of her and looked up with a smile. “Right this way.” She said grabbing two menus and walking them to their table.

The table they sat at was in a corner, isolated from everyone else, just like Brendon had asked. He wanted as much privacy at the restaurant would let him. After getting their drinks and ordering their food, Olivia thought it would be a good time to get something out in the open.

“So, what time is our flight back to Seattle?” She asked.

“Um…not ‘til one o’clock. We’ll probably get there around four or five.” He said cupping his hands on the table.

“And uh…what’s gonna happen once we get back?” She asked looking him dead in the eye.

“What do you think should happen? Liv, I’ll do whatever you want me to. If you want me to leave, I’ll leave; if-” He started to say.

“Of course I don’t want you to leave, but what’s gonna happen with us?”

He knew what he wanted and all he wanted was sitting across from him. “Come with me to LA. Stay with me. Be with me. Being with you this past week has made me realize how much I’ve missed you and love you. This is…like a second chance and I’m not letting you go again.” He admitted.

Olivia held her breath the whole time he spoke and finally let it out when he finished. She thought she was hearing things at first, but soon comprehended what he said.

“Really? You want me to live with you in LA?” She asked smiling a little.

He nodded his head and stared into her eyes. “I would want nothing more than to be with you.”

“Then when should we leave?” She asked.

“Seriously? You’ll go with me?” He asked in disbelief.

She nodded her head. “Despite everything that happened five years ago, a part of me never let you go. A part of me never stopped loving you either.” She said reaching her hand across the table to hold his.

“Then I guess we can wait a couple of days before we leave to LA. I wanna meet with Courtney in person and tell her there’s nothing between us and I’m in love with someone else. It would also give you time to pack and decide what to do about Jason. Plus he won’t be back for a couple weeks.” He suggested.

“Yeah. I like that idea. Just gotta think of...” Her voice trailed off.

“What?” He asked.

“Of what to tell Jason or even how to tell him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Did Brendon just ask Olivia to move in with him in LA? Did he just ask her to break up with Jason for him? Sure seems like he did.