Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

He's Home Early

April 20, 2010

“Brendon, I-I don’t understand. Why are you doing this?”

She was crying, tears falling down her cheeks onto the soft grass. Her eyes were puffy, face flushed, and nose red. They stood in front of each other; Olivia stared directly at him, while Brendon had his head turned to the side, avoiding eye contact.

“Because…because I don’t think we’ll last once we go our separate ways.” He answered.

“You don’t know that unless we try.” She whispered.

“I do know that. I’ll be with the band, traveling, and recording; and you’ll be in college, studying and meeting new people. We won’t have time for each other. It’s just easier this way.” He replied.

She shook her head and wiped away the tears. “Brendon, I love you, I don’t want you out of my life.”

He finally looked into her eyes and saw the pain and sadness in them. What he knew he had to say to get her to finally agree it would be best for them to not to be together was going to kill him. He took in a deep breath and looked down for a second then looked back at her.

“But I don’t love you anymore.”


Olivia woke up in an alarming fashion. Her heart was racing and pounding in her chest; a cold sweat had formed on her forehead. She saw Brendon looking at her confused and surprised.

“I was just about to wake you up. Are you okay?” He asked a little concerned.

She shook her head a couple times and smiled at him. “I’m fine, just a bad dream is all.”

“Really? What was it about?” He asked shifting in his seat to face her.

She considered lying about it, but wanted to know something that had always been on her mind.

“It was more of a memory than dream to be honest. It was the day you broke up with me.” She said looking down at her hands.

There was a slight pause in the conversation and then she heard an, “Oh…” come from him.

“Yeah…” She whispered looking back at him.

“Do you think about that day a lot?” He asked.

She thought about it and answered, “You’d think I would, but I don’t. For some strange reason, it played in my mind while I slept.” They stared at each other, not knowing what to say. Olivia spoke. “But there is something I wanna ask you while we’re on the subject.”

Brendon nodded his head. “Um…okay. What is it?”

“When you told me you didn’t love me anymore, did you really mean it?”

“You know, I always, always regret that day. Telling you that lie was the hardest and most idiotic thing I ever did. I never meant it and I never stopped loving you, but I honestly thought you’d be better off without me.” There was so much sadness in his voice and eyes.

She placed her hand on his cheek and brushed it with her thumb. She smiled and reached over to kiss him. He deepened the kiss by pressing his lips more into hers and licking her bottom lip. The adrenaline rushing through their bodies made their hearts race and blood flow. Every touch sent a sensation that was indescribable. Without breaking the kiss, Olivia got up from her seat and straddled Brendon.

Brendon placed his hands on her hips and she placed hers on his shoulders. Her hands slowly moved down his chest, trying to unbutton his shirt. When she finished undoing the second button, Brendon pulled away and stopped her.

“Liv, as much as I want to, especially on a private jet, we’re about to land. You should be sitting down and put your seatbelt on.” Brendon said with an apologetic look.

“Since when are you such a stickler for the rules?” She said getting off him and taking her seat.

He started to laugh. “I wanna make sure I get you home in one piece.”

She smiled. “Fine, but when we get home, we’re picking up from where we left off.”

After the jet landed, they grabbed their bags and waited for a cab to pick them up. When it pulled up, they placed their luggage in the trunk and slid into the back seat. Olivia gave the cab driver the address of her apartment and laid her head on Brendon’s shoulder.

“So where did you two just get back from?” The cab driver asked.

“Just got back from the magical world of Disney.” Brendon answered in a merrily voice.

“Disney World? Any special reason?” Asked the cab driver.

Brendon looked down at Olivia and smiled. “Just an overdue promise is all.”

They arrived at the apartment, got their luggage, and hurriedly headed inside. Once they entered, they left their luggage in the living room, and stood around for a while.

“So should we unpack or…” Brendon began to say, but was quickly interrupted.

Olivia crashed her lips into his, placing her hands around his neck. Brendon’s reaction was slow, but when it finally clicked he welcomed the kiss immediately, sliding his hands down her waist to her hips. Olivia smiled and pulled Brendon by his shirt, leading them to her room, continuing to kiss him. She gently pushed Brendon down on her bed, making him smirk. He pushed himself up the bed as she crawled towards him.

“Someone’s being a nympho.” He commented as she straddled on top of him.

She gave him a sly smile. “Only finishing what we started.” She replied.

She bent down and kissed him. She felt his hands roam up and down her sides, going underneath her shirt, then back down tugging at the bottom of it. She caught the hint and sat up as Brendon removed her shirt over her head and tossed it to the side. He smiled as he admired the beauty before him and she smiled back. She began trailing kisses from his lips down his neck, slowly going towards his chest. One button, two buttons, and soon she managed to undo all the buttons on his shirt and throw it behind her, leaving his chest bare. She continued kissing down his chest, until she reached the waist of his jeans.

She heard him whisper, “Liv…”

Olivia began to undo his belt and unzip his pants; Brendon could already feel that growing sensation in his lower region. Just as Olivia was about to pull down his pants, they were interrupted.

Knock. Knock.

They both stopped abruptly and turned their heads towards the bedroom door then back at each other, looking terrified. Olivia’s heart was pounding so hard, her chest started to hurt. Brendon suddenly felt his throat go dry and every limb on his body go limp.

Olivia got off the bed, put her shirt back on, and slowly walked towards the door. She peeked her head out and heard another knock. She turned her head towards Brendon with a worried look on her face. They were both thinking the same thing.

“He’s early.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-Oh
Things aren't looking too good now.