Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

Busted

“I thought you said he would be gone for a month?” Brendon whispered back to her.

“That’s what he told me. I honestly didn’t think he’d be back so soon, it rarely happens.” She replied in a hushed tone.

Brendon got up from the bed, zipped his pants, and grabbed his shirt from the floor. “What are we going to do?” He asked putting his shirt over his head.

Her eyes wandered the living room as she thought of what to do. They landed on their luggage that was still sitting on the floor. There was another knock at the door. Olivia turned around to face Brendon.

“Okay, you take our bags back to your room and stay in there for a bit. I’ll get the door.” She said walking towards the front door.

Brendon followed right behind her, grabbing their stuff, and carrying them back to his room, closing the door behind him. Olivia gripped her hand around the doorknob and took a deep breath before opening it. A slight sigh of relief flushed throughout her body.

“Charlotte? What are you doing here?” She asked puzzled.

Charlotte looked irritated, tapping her foot with her arms crossed over her chest. She walked inside, passing Olivia without looking in her direction or saying a word.

Then she turned around, facing Olivia’s back. “Where have you been?” Charlotte asked as Olivia closed the door.

She froze-her hand still on the doorknob. She slowly turned around and looked at Charlotte curiously. How did she know she hadn’t been home?

“What are you talking about?” She asked playing dumb.

“Oh no…don’t play that game with me. I know you’ve been gone for four days. Where were you?” She asked again.

Olivia raised an eyebrow. “What, were you stalking me or something?” She asked as she sat on the couch.

“Ugh…yeah. I’ve been here in Seattle for four days and I thought I’d talk to you about the wedding. You are my maid of honor.” Charlotte said taking a seat next to her.

“I’m sorry. I was out of town, but I’m here now.” Olivia said apologetically.

Charlotte smiled at her. “It’s okay. So, where were you anyways?”

“Oh. Um…” She didn’t know what to tell her.

“Hey Charlotte.”

They both turned around to see Brendon leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. He looked completely calm as if nothing had happened, as if nothing was going on between him and Olivia. However, that didn’t seem to fool Charlotte.

“Well, at least I know who you were with.” Charlotte replied. “Come on. Grab your jacket and put on your shoes, we’re going out to dinner.” She said pulling Olivia off the couch.

“Can I come?” Brendon asked.

Charlotte glared at him, sending a shiver down his spine. “No you can’t come.” She spat.

Olivia did as she was told, holding back a laugh in the process, and left with Charlotte, waving subtly to Brendon as they walked out the door. Brendon laughed it off and decided to munch on a snack and watch TV. After grabbing a banana and settling down on the couch, he began flipping through channels mindlessly.

Ring. Ring.

Brendon took out his phone and saw Spencer was calling him. He set the remote down and hesitated answering it.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey Brendon.” Spencer answered back.

“Hey Spence, what’s up?” He asked.

“Nothing, I was just wondering when you were coming back to LA?”

“Oh, um…in two, three days tops. Why? Is something wrong?”

He heard Spencer sigh into the phone. “Yeah, we start recording actually.” He replied.

“Are you for real? Well, when?” Brendon asked.

“Today.”

Brendon almost chocked on a pieced of banana he started to chew; he started to cough.

“Today? What the hell?”

“Don’t worry; I got them to extend our time, so we start recording the twenty fifth. So just be back by then and we’re good.” Spencer explained.

“You’re amazing dude and yeah we’ll be back before then.” Brendon replied.

“We’ll? Who else is coming with you?” Spencer asked confused.

“What? No no, I meant I’ll, I’ll be back before then.” Brendon said trying to cover up his word flop.

“Brendon…what are you up to? You aren’t doing something you’re not supposed are you?” Spencer asked curiously.

Brendon smirked. When is he ever doing what’s he’s suppose to? “What are you talking about?” He laughed.

“Gee I don’t know. I think her name is Olivia? Dude, are you hooking up with her? She’s your cousin’s girlfriend now. You have to let go of the past and move on.” Spencer advised him.

“I know she is, just don’t worry about it. I’ll see you in five days. Bye.”

“But Bren-” Spencer began to say before Brendon hung up his phone.

_______________________________________________________________________

“Thank you.” Olivia said as the waiter set down her food in front of her.

“Okay, it’s time to talk.” Charlotte said.

“I think we talked a lot on the way over here.” Olivia replied.

“No we didn’t. I talked; you probably didn’t even listen. Let’s just start over.” She took a sip of her drink. “Okay?” She asked.

Olivia bit the tip of her straw after drinking her ice tea and nodded her head. “Sure.”

“So, what’s going on? Are you and Brendon…?” She trailed off hoping Olivia would finish her sentence.

“Yeah.” She bluntly stated.

“You’re cheating on Jason? With the guy who broke your heart? Why?” Charlotte asked confused about the whole situation.

“Ugh…you’re making it sound worse than it is. Yes, I’m cheating on Jason with Brendon.”

“You didn’t answer why.” Charlotte responded.

“It’s hard to explain.” Olivia said in a low tone.

“I’m sure it’s not as hard as you think. So explain.” Charlotte pestered on.

She sighed heavily and began. “It’s like I told you over the phone. All those feelings came back to me; it’s like he took me back to five years ago. I never unloved him; those feelings were just buried deep inside. I don’t think I can ever stop loving him.” She said smiling a little.

Charlotte shook her head. “But he broke your heart; he dumped you, and wasn’t even going to be with you after you got pregnant.”

“He already apologized for that. He never stopped loving me either; he just thought I‘d better off without him.” Olivia said picking at her food.

“And you have been. You went off to college and graduated. All the while you met a guy who you’re about to celebrate your four year anniversary with. Jason loves you, this isn’t fair to him.” Charlotte said reminding Olivia of how good her life turned out after Brendon.

Olivia looked away from Charlotte, sighed, and then looked her in the eyes. “I’m leaving Jason.” She almost whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha so someone thought it was gonna be Courtney, but it was only Olivia's cousin. Did anyone really expect it to be Jason? =P