Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

What To Expect When You're Not Expecting

April 21, 2010

Olivia slowly lifted her eyelids and opened them to the sight of Brendon. She smiled as she watched him sleep. His chest rose and fell, with little snores escaping from him. She sat up in bed, pulling her hair behind her ears, and leaned forward pressing her lips against his. He smiled as she continued to kiss him and she began to laugh a little, placing one leg over to his other side. She broke the kiss and looked down at him with a smile and her hair cascading around her face.

Brendon slid his hands from her legs to her hips and kept them there, circling his thumbs on her pelvic girdle. “So, what’s on the agenda for today?” He asked her.

She thought about it, looking around the bedroom and said, “I think I should start packing.”

Brendon let out a small chuckle. “Yeah that’s probably a good idea. We have to get back to LA before the twenty fifth.” He said intertwining their fingers.

That empty feeling in the pit of her stomach started to nag Olivia, causing a loud growl that both Brendon and she heard. She flushed in embarrassment and laughed at herself.

“Sounds like someone’s hungry.” Brendon commented rubbing her stomach, giving her that ticklish feeling.

“Haha yeah I am. Since it’s…” She said peering at the alarm clock on the nightstand, “…eleven fifteen we should make some pancakes!” She said excitedly.

“Pancakes?” He asked.

She nodded her head. “Yeah chocolate chip pancakes.” She started to get up. “Come on.” She said grabbing his hands and pulling him up.

As she moved her hair behind her shoulders, he noticed the shirt she was wearing. “Hey, where’d you get that shirt from?” He asked curiously.

She looked down at the article of clothing and realized what shirt she had on. She shook her head, laughing to herself as she continued staring at it.

“You caught me. I got it at one of your concerts. I just couldn’t not buy it.” She admitted looking back at him.

“You were at one of our concerts? I wish I would’ve known.” He said.

“Why? What were you gonna do if you saw me?” She asked cocking an eyebrow.

He shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. Say hi, hug you, kiss you, who knows, maybe not have done anything at all.” He answered.

“I’m gonna go on a whim that it would’ve been the latter of those options.” She replied with a smirk. “Now come on, I’m starving. I need pancakes right now.” She said taking his hand and leading him to the kitchen.

Olivia went through the cabinets and grabbed the ingredients they needed to make a batch of pancakes and set them on the counter. Brendon sat at on the barstool, watching her reach and bend for other things they needed.

“So do you have the directions on how to make pancakes?” He asked reaching for the bag of chocolate chips.

“Um…nope. No directions. Jason, taught me how. I just remember from always making them.” She said starting to mix things in a bowl.

Olivia was almost done mixing the batter, when Brendon noticed the bag of flour sitting on the counter next to her. He smirked thinking he needed to add a little fun to this cooking session. He got up and made his way to the other side of the counter and opened the bag slowly, feeling the softness of the flour on his fingertips.

“Hey Liv.” He called to her.

She turned her head in his direction and smiled. “Yeah?” She asked.

He brought his hand from behind his back, unfolding it to reveal a little mound of flour. He grinned evilly at her as she stared back and forth between him and the flour in the palm of his hand.

“Brendon no!” She said but it was too late.

He blew a kiss of flour aiming directly at her face. She closed her eyes just before the white powder hit her and slowly opened her eyes while blowing some off her lips. She glared angrily at Brendon as he smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

“Oh you’re gonna get it.” She said reaching inside the bag of flour.

Brendon stood tall and held his arm out bending his fingers forward and backward. “Bring it on, babe.” He said with that infamous smirk.

She chased him around the kitchen to the living room and managed to get some flour in his hair. They both laughed as they tried to avoid each other’s flour hits. Finally, Brendon wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up, carrying her to the couch. She lay on top of him resting her hands on his chest. He ran his fingers through her hair, pushing a strand behind her ear smiling at her. All he could think about was doing this everyday with her when they got back to LA.

“I love you.” She whispered before leaning down to kiss him.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Jason grabbed the last of his luggage and made his way through the automatic doors, trying to catch a cab. When he was able to flag one down, he slid inside, waiting for the driver to put his things in the trunk and drive to his apartment.

“So where’d you just come from?” The cab driver asked.

“New York. Business trip. Actually, I got home earlier than what I told my girlfriend.” Jason answered.

“Oh…surprising her?” The driver asked.

“Yes sir. In just a couple of days it’ll be our four year anniversary.” Jason said smiling.

After twenty minutes of driving and conversation, the cab parked in front of Jason’s apartment building. He looked upon it, smiling, anxiously ready to open the door and hug his girlfriend. He closed his eyes and saw her face smiling back at him.

“Ahem.” He turned around and saw the driver place his luggage on the concrete. “Your luggage sir. Have a good day and congrats to you and your girlfriend.” He said kindly.

Jason picked up his bags and walked up to the elevators. He lightly pressed the up button and dragged his luggage behind him as he entered the metal box.

Ding.

“Jason?” A woman rushing inside the elevator said.

“Brenda, hey.” He replied.

“What’s with the luggage? Were you gone?” She asked a little confused.

“Yeah, I was out of town.” He answered.

“Oh…hmm. Well I’ll see you around.” She said pressing the close doors button.

Jason scratched the back of his head, but shook off the bewilderment and continued to walk towards his apartment. Finally, he was home and as soon as he opened the door he’d be in the arms of Olivia. He slid the key into the keyhole and quickly turned the doorknob.

“What the…?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh Oh!