Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

Today Was Wonderful, Until...

Olivia sat on the foot of her bed contemplating on calling Jason to apologize for verbally attacking him earlier. She decided against it, putting her cell phone back in her purse. She was startled by the knock on her door and slowly rose to open it.

“You ready?” Brendon asked.

She nodded her head and they were off. Olivia wouldn’t admit it to Brendon, but she was quite excited about their excursion to the zoo. Jason had been promising to take her, but she gave up that notion after three years.

“So, how did Jason’s flight go? He call you?” Brendon asked as he messed with the radio.

“He got in fine and he did, but I missed it. I called him when I woke up.” She replied glancing at the road and the radio.

“How long is he gone for?” His tone of voice made it seem like he didn’t really care, just trying to make small talk to avoid a silent car ride.

“He says a month. Sometimes it’s shorter, but it’s usually longer.” She said frowning a little.

From the corner of her eye, she could see him shaking his head. “And why would he want to be away from this beautiful face for that long?” He asked running the back of his hand down her cheek.

She smiled internally. His touch made her heart flip a thousand times a second and sent bolts of electricity throughout her body. They arrived at the zoo, paid for parking and headed towards the entrance.

“Olivia!” She heard someone call her name.

Brendon and Olivia turned around to see who called after her. A woman holding a toddler was waving at them; next to her stood a man holding the hand of a young girl.

“Who’s that?” Brendon whispered.

Olivia waved back at her and answered Brendon, “A new nurse, Cheryl. She just started working a month ago.”

“Olivia. It’s nice to see you out of the hospital environment.” Cheryl said walking up to them.

“Cheryl, it’s nice to see you too. So, decided to take your family to the zoo on your day off?” Olivia asked looking at all of them.

“It was my husband’s idea.” Cheryl answered and then introduced her family to Brendon and Olivia. “So, you must be Jason, the boyfriend right?” She asked looking at Brendon.

Olivia turned towards Brendon then back at Cheryl and was about to tell her he wasn’t, when Brendon spoke up first.

“Yeah, I’m Jason. Nice to meet you.” He said extending his hand out for her to shake.

Olivia looked up at him confused and gave him a ‘what the hell are you doing?’ expression, but decided to play along with his little act. She felt his arm wrap around her waist and felt the hairs on her arm stand up. She was starting to feel like that girl who won the attention of her lifetime crush, butterflies included. At this rate, Brendon would have her falling in love with him by the time Jason returned home. This was something Olivia was trying to avoid since his arrival yesterday.

“Same to you. You’re much cuter than Olivia described.” Cheryl commented.

“Haha. Well thank you.” He said flashing that irresistible smile. “Liv doesn’t like to brag.” He said kissing the side of her head.

“Well, you two have fun. Enjoy your vacation Olivia.” Cheryl said walking into the zoo.

“You too.” Olivia replied.

Olivia turned her head towards Brendon with an expression he could only reply with,

“Haha what?” He asked.

“What was that? You couldn’t just tell her you weren’t my boyfriend?” She asked placing her hands on her hips.

Smirking he answered, “And what fun would that be?”

Smiling, she shook her head and rolled her eyes. Always the same Brendon-will take any opportunity to joke around.

“Come on let’s get going. This is a big zoo.” He said grabbing her hand and pulling her behind him.

2 hours later

“I am so glad you picked to come to the zoo! I absolutely loved it.” Olivia said walking backwards to the car.

“I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and really glad we came too.” He said staring and smiling at her.

“So, it’s almost four, what else should we do?” She asked him looking at her phone.

“I don’t know, you tell me. I’m up for whatever.” He said getting in the car.

“Hmm…Oh, I know. The Pike Place Market. You’ll love it, plus I can grab some ingredients while we’re there.” She said turning the car on.

They were there in minutes and the place was already packed. Olivia should’ve known it would be especially on a Saturday.

“Wow. This place looks amazing.” Brendon said looking at the place in awe.

“Told you.” She said in a teasing tone.

They started walking, looking around, and viewing what there was to offer.

“Brendon? Is that you?” A woman’s voice called.

Brendon turned in every direction, looking for the source of who was calling him. Olivia spotted her right away. She was a beautiful blonde-haired woman with mesmerizing blue eyes and fair skin.

“Courtney? Oh my God, wha-what are you doing here?” Brendon asked in disbelief while giving her a hug.

Olivia looked away, feeling a bit awkward standing there in front of them. Perhaps a hint of jealousy ran through her and she wasn’t enjoying the feeling.

“I live here now. Whata ‘bout you? Last time I saw you, you were in California.” She said after their hug.

“I was, but I’m here just getting away from LA and everything. I needed some ‘me time’.” He said placing his hands in his jacket pockets.

“Well this is a wonderful city to do that. Damn, you haven’t changed one bit, like seriously. You look good.” She said putting her hand on his arm.

“Haha. Thanks. Look at you. You’re still gorgeous.” He complimented back.

Olivia decided to leave and go to another food market to buy some more ingredients. Whatever feelings she was starting to get for Brendon, were slowly fading away.

Courtney looked at her watch. “I’m sorry to rush out on you like this, but I’m supposed to be having dinner with my brother in a bit, but…” She said looking her purse for pen and paper. “…here’s my number. If you’re still here, give me a call and maybe we can catch up and hang sometime.” She said handing him her phone number, smiling at him.

Brendon smiled back and took the piece of paper. “Yeah for sure. Hold on.” He grabbed out his phone and typed in her number, then called her. “There now you have mine too.”

They hugged good-bye and waved as they parted ways. Brendon turned around expecting to see Olivia, but she was nowhere to be found.

“Fuck…” He said under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh come on Brendon! Olivia was JUST starting to like having you around and now...ugh. Comments?