Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

A Drunk Person's Words Are A Sober Person's Thoughts

Brendon went up and down the market looking for Olivia. How could he be so stupid to flirt with Courtney right in front of her, just when things were looking up between them? He grabbed his phone from his pocket to call her, but realized he didn’t even have her number.

“Great.” He said to no one in particular.

With the realization that he wasn’t going to find her, he spotted a bench and went to go sit down for a while. He leaned his head back against the wall, closing his eyes, thinking about everything that had happened since he arrived, especially today. Today had been the best day he’d had in a very long time. The girl he let go from his life, was slowly bringing him back to life; his spirits were high and he didn’t even give a single thought about Kayla.

“Um...Brendon?” His head snapped forward as he heard her voice.

She looked at him with an arched eyebrow, slightly smiling at him. A flush of relief washed over him-she didn’t look mad. He smiled back. She was holding more bags than before, obviously she had done more shopping when she left Brendon and Courtney to talk.

“Here, let me help you with some of those.” He offered getting up from the bench, reaching out for a bag.

She handed him a couple of the heavier ones, “Thanks.”

They both looked at each other for a bit before walking back to Olivia’s car. Brendon looked down at one of the bags he was holding and noticed the contents inside-one bottle of wine and an opener. He stole a small glance in her direction with a smirk on his face. Feeling as if he was staring at her, Olivia slowly turned her head at him.

She smiled, “What?” She asked.

“Wine? What’s the special occasion?” He asked motioning at the wine in the bag.

“Haha, there’s no special occasion. I just thought it would go good with what I’m making tonight, plus, I think we could use a nice glass of wine. Don’t cha think?”

“Whatever the reason, I never say no to a glass of wine.” He replied. After a few seconds, he changed the subject, “So, why did you leave? I wanted to introduce you to Courtney, but she was in a hurry.” He asked.

“Oh, um…I thought I’d finish shopping, so we could leave early. Sorry, maybe I can meet her another time.” She lied.

All she really wanted was to get away from them both, before her facial expressions showed how she was really feeling. She kept a straight face when she answered not wanting Brendon to catch on that she was lying to him. If he ever found out she was slightly jealous when he was talking to Courtney, he’d never let her forget it.

“Oh, I see. Yeah definitely, she’s a cool girl, you’d like her.” He answered nodding his head.

30 minutes later

“So, since when can you cook?” Brendon asked munching on some chips.

“I can’t really, just following a recipe and stop eating junk food.” She said snatching the bag out of his hands.

“Hey! I wasn’t done with those. I’m freakin’ starving.” He whined clutching his stomach.

“Oh, stop being overdramatic, dinner’s almost ready.” She replied, going back to the kitchen to finish cooking.

He walked behind her, placing his hands on her hips, and asked, “What can I do to help?”

The sense of his touch froze her in place, sending goose bumps all over her body and making her heart race faster and faster. He could tell he was making her nervous, making her breathing heavier and faster. He liked making her feel this way.

“Uh-um…You can grab the plates and utensils and grab the wine.” She nervously said.

Brendon smirked and went to grab those things. He thought, this is where he should’ve been all along, here with Olivia-sharing an apartment, cooking dinners, watching movies in the dark, cuddling in the same bed, but most importantly being her boyfriend. All these things he could’ve had if he hadn’t let her go.

“All right, bring your plate over.” She yelled from the kitchen.

“Mmm, smells really good.” He complimented as he held out his plate.

“Thanks. I hope it tastes as good as it smells.” She said as she served him.

When she was finished serving them both, they went and sat at the kitchen table, poured their wine and began to eat. They chatted about random things and as their glasses became low, they filled them up with more wine.

“So, do you still talk to um…those guys who left the band? What are their names again?” Olivia asked.

“Ryan and Jon? Yeah we still talk-we’re still friends. No hate between us.” He replied after sipping some wine.

“Are those you’re only friends?” She asked jokingly.

“Pssh…No. Of course, I’m still friends with Spencer and let’s see there’s Pete, Shane and our bodyguard Zach. Okay that doesn’t sound like a lot, but there all great friends.”

“Haha I was kidding.” She said laughing at his response.

One hour and three glasses later, Olivia and Brendon made their way to the couch to watch a movie. They weren’t drunk, but definitely not sober. Only one lamp and the television illuminated the room. Brendon sat at the end of the couch, placing his arm over Olivia’s shoulder, while she cuddled up next to him. She was lying sideways, knees tucked in, her head resting on his chest, and arms around his torso. She smiled as she inhaled his scent and he did as he inhaled hers. She never felt happier, though she thought it was probably the wine that was making her feel this way.

“That was a weird, but good movie.” Brendon commented as the movie ended.

Brendon continued to stroke Olivia’s hair; he loved and missed the feeling of her soft brown hair running through his fingers. She looked up at him, staring into those brown eyes that hypnotized her. He brushed her cheek with the back of his hand, while she closed her eyes embracing in his touch. When she opened them, she saw him smiling down at her, that smile she missed for five years. She slowly moved her face closer to his and he leaned his forward towards hers. They both hesitated, with their lips just centimeters apart. Then he gently leaned into to kiss her, placing his hands on her hips. She welcomed the kiss immediately, reaching behind his neck, pulling him closer to her. Brendon hovered over her as she slowly fell back on the couch, both never breaking the kiss.

After awhile of making out, he reluctantly broke it and whispered to her, “I love you.”

Even after five years, hearing those three words from him still made her heart melt.

“I love you too.” She whispered back and lifted herself up to kiss him once again.

He got off the couch and scooped her up, carrying her to his room bridal style, as they continued kissing. Brendon carefully entered the room, managing not to hit her head on the door panel, and not dropping her. He gently placed her on his bed and he climbed over her to lie next to her. When the kissing and the body heat between them became too much for them, Olivia started to unbutton his shirt and he started to unbutton her jeans.

Ring. Ring.

The ringing of her phone snapped Olivia back to reality. She stopped what she was doing, sat up, and reached for her phone from her pocket. Incoming call Jason. Jason. What was she doing? She already had a boyfriend, who loved her and cared about her deeply. To go through with this would’ve been the ultimate betrayal.

“I’m sorry Brendon, but I can’t do this.” She said in a low tone, getting up from his bed.

“But you love me. I know you do…You just told me you did.” He said raising his voice.

“Brendon, don’t. We’ve both had a little too much to drink. I think we said things we didn’t mean.” She replied, her back still to him.

“I meant what I said.” He answered back.

She didn’t answer and just left him, walking back to her room.

“Hello?” She answered the phone.

“Hey babe, hope I’m not calling you too late.” Jason responded.

“No you’re not. It’s so nice to hear your voice. I miss you.” She said staring at a picture of her and Jason.

“I miss you too. So, how’d your day go?” He asked.

“It was fun. Yours?” She asked back.

“Boring. Anyways, just wanted to check on you. Good night and love you.”

“Love you too.” She whispered.

Brendon laid in bed replaying everything that happened that night. He admitted his true feelings for her, feelings he had kept hidden in his heart for years. He knew she loved him just as much as he loved her, but knew she would never admit them again. He would find a way to get her back.

“Liv, I should’ve never let you go…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking long to post! But I'm really liking where this story is going. Are you?