Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

Not Something You Wanna See In The Morning

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Brendon. Happy Birthday to you.” They all sang as the waiters brought out the cake Olivia ordered for him.

He paused before blowing out his candles, closing his eyes, and making a wish. Everyone clapped as he blew out all twenty-three candles. Olivia smiled as she looked around happily at what she had pulled off. Everyone was laughing, talking, and having a great time, all in honor of Brendon. He turned his head a little her way, smiling that irresistible smile at her, only making her grin even wider.

“I propose a toast.” He said getting up from his seat and holding up his glass.

Everyone listened intently looking up at him, giving their undivided attention. Brendon looked around at everyone’s faces and landed on Olivia’s. He raised his glass towards her.

“To Olivia. For making this all happen. Thanks. It means a lot to me.” Olivia blushed immediately after he said those words.

“To Olivia.” They all said, clanking their glasses together.

He sat back down. “Yeah. This is definitely way better than the last time she tried giving me a surprise party.” He said laughing.

“Why? What happened?” Spencer asked.

Olivia and Brendon looked at each other at the same time. She smiled and shook her head at him, knowing at some point during the party this would be brought up.

“Do you wanna tell the story or should I?” He asked her.

She gestured her hand towards him. “Go right ahead.” She said and once he began she gulped her drink down.

“Well it was my sixteenth birthday and she was taking me to a friend’s house for the party, but when we got there, no one was in sight. Surprise right? Haha. Anyways, our friend came out of her room and told us Olivia had said to be there an hour later than when we arrived. So, I had to act surprise when we went back.” He said as he finished the story.

“Damn. So what? Did you forget the time?” Pete asked Olivia.

“I forgot I changed the time for the surprise, that’s all.” Olivia said in her defense.

The rest of the night went well. Brendon chatted with each of his friends, getting drunker by the minute. Olivia looked next Brendon and saw Courtney wasn’t too far behind him. Olivia could tell she was definitely a lightweight.

“So, how weird is it that of all people to be your boyfriend’s cousin, it was Brendon?” Ryan asked her.

That was the first exact question Olivia had thought of when he showed up at her apartment.

“It was pretty surprising, but the initial shocked passed after the first hour. Now I’m kinda used to him being around.” She answered honestly.

“And your boyfriend doesn’t mind that you two dated?” He asked eyeing her curiously.

“To be honest, he doesn’t know.” She replied starting to feel a little guilty for not telling him.

After everyone finished eating and paid for their food, they headed out the restaurant to the parking lot. “All right everyone, after party at my place.” Olivia shouted to them.

“After party?” Brendon asked getting into the backseat with Courtney, who clung to his waist like a toddler does to their mother.

“Yeah, why not? You’re friends didn’t come all this way just to have dinner with you.” She said looking at him through the rear view mirror.

3 hours later

“Last round of shots!” Pete yelled bringing out the last bottle of tequila from the kitchen.

The only one who wasn’t drunk, was Spencer’s girlfriend Hailey, with Spencer being the second soberest person there. Everyone held out their shot glass, while Pete tried his best to pour the tequila in without spilling any.

“Okay…go!” He yelled before taking his shot.

“Ugh…I can feel my liver deteriorating.” Shane jokingly complained clinging to his left side.

“Haha, wrong side Shane.” Olivia corrected him.

“Well, I think we better get going, we have semi-early flights to catch tomorrow…today.” Ryan said looking at his phone, 12:55 AM.

“Do you need me to call you guys a cab?” Olivia asked getting up from the couch.

“We’re gonna walk, it’s just around the corner.” Spencer said grabbing his wallet.

“All right guys, thanks…” Brendon paused to burp. “…for coming up here. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.” He said going up to everyone and giving them a hug.

“No problem man. We’ll catch ya back in Cali soon, right?” Pete asked putting on his jacket.

“For sure dude.” He said.

Olivia picked up all the glasses, taking them to the kitchen and placing them in the dishwasher. Brendon let everyone out.

“’Night Brendon.” Olivia said heading to her room to go to bed.

When Brendon turned around, he saw a smiling Courtney sitting on the couch, patting the seat next to her. He smiled slyly at her and sat next to her.

“I think I’m too drunk to drive home.” She admitted, her cheeks flushed from drinking too much.

“Haha, I think you are. You should stay here, then.” He told her.

“You don’t think Olivia will mind?” She asked looking into his eyes.

He shook his head. “Nah, you can sleep in my room.”

“And where will you sleep?”

“Where do you want me to sleep?”

“With me.” She said before leaning in to kiss him.

The make-out session between them heated and the sexual tension Brendon felt two nights ago was ready to be released. He got up and grabbed her hand, leading her to his room.

“Wait, do you have a…”

“Yeah.” He answered quickly.

April 13, 2010

This wasn’t the worst headache Olivia had ever experienced, in fact it was nothing compared to the ones she got back in college, but since it had been awhile she wasn’t used to the pain. She slowly got out of bed and walked to the kitchen to retrieve some aspirin.

“Looks like we both had the same idea.” She heard a voice from behind-a woman’s voice.

Olivia closed her eyes, counted to three and slowly turned around. Courtney was standing in the archway between the living room and kitchen. She was wearing a T-shirt that looked to belong to Brendon and a pair of his boxers.

“Yeah…looks like it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Are Courtney and Brendon gonna be an item? Or will this be a one night stand kinda thing? What do you think?