Nobody Can See

002.

December 2007
"How long is this going to go on?" I sighed, running my hand through my hair. This was a habit I had just recently picked up.

"What do you expect from me! I'm the same fucking age as you! I'm just a kid, Breena! I'm only 17 fucking years old!" he hissed at me.

"We're going to get evicted!" I cried, trying to open his eyes to the reality of this whole situation we had found ourselves in.

He sighed, shooting his hand up to his face and smacking himself in the forehead, "You're right," he said, anger clearly beginning to pulse through his veins, "I'm such a fuck up!" he roared, hitting himself in the head over and over again.

"No, no! Josh it's not your fault, babe," I instantly felt the guilt shooting through my conscience, "We need to fix it together," I soothed, trying with every will in my body to calm him down. His raging moods were becoming too common. The screaming and violence that would zap through him instantly scared me half to death. I could only imagine what would happen if he unleashed his hands at me.

I saw his face grow innocent again, "I know, I know. I'm such an idiot, Bree. I love you, you know I really love you," he cried out, throwing a hug around me. I pulled away, checking if he'd wiped any blood on me. Sure enough his self-inflicted fat lip had bled on my shoulder from his hug.

"It's fine," I said, masking my true feelings of hate coursing through my veins. What ever happened to the Joshuah I loved? Where had he gone, and who was this loser that took over his body.