I'm With The Band

Chapter 10

I was mad, I was pissed. I didn't know what else to do about her. I hadn't known her that long and yet it killed me inside to see her upset. I don't think I like her like that, but I'm really starting to consider her a very close friend of mine, and seeing my close friends hurt and in pain tears me to bits.

I sat in Sign Language class in a slump. What was I going to do about this girl? She completely stumped me.

When the bell rang I hurriedly grabbed my books and stuffed them in my bag. I walked towards the band room. I wasn't in any hurry to see anyone so I walked at a slow pace. When I reached the room I sat on the floor next to the rest of the drummers that were in the class. I sat and watched Haley stiffly walk across the room into the ensemble room where the woodwinds keep their instruments. She didn't give me any sign of acknowledgment in my direction. She wasn't smiling, but nor was she crying. She looked rather pissed.

I stood up and followed her into the room, no one else was in the room yet.

"Haley... Tell me what happened please," I pleaded. She looked up me from her flute case.

"I walked out of the bathroom, with toilet paper stuck to my ass. Everyone at lunch was laughing at me. So some random guy pulled me off to the side...And...He...He told me that everyone was going to remember what the fat person does." Haley's voice cracked and she looked down at her flute. She sniffled then put her case away, wiped at her eyes and brushed by me to go sit down.

I felt terrible, that explains why she kept saying that. I wish I could have understood that before. I wouldn't have snapped at her like I did. With these thoughts I felt like shit. She was going through a tough time, being the laughing stock.

I wanted to fix this, but I had no idea how I was supposed to do that. Public humiliation was hard, I would know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a small filler for Brandon's part.
Keep the comments coming! lol :P
<3Haley