I'm With The Band

Chapter 15

What the fuck? This shit wasn't cool. How could he write something like that?!

I saw the paper fall from his binder, I saw it land on the ground, I watched as my feet followed him. I bent over when I reached the piece of paper. Everything after that felt like a dream, like I was floating on air.

Brandon
+
Haley =
???


It didn't quite look like his handwriting. I stared this down until my brain screamed "Flip it over you dumb ass!" So I did as my brain commanded and saw one sentence. It was that one sentence that crushed my heart.

Ditch the fat ass for me, you know you want to Brandon...

I began to walk furiously towards him. Tears slid down my face and I had to force myself to keep walking. I must have looked like a pissed off beast. Before I could even get to his car I saw him drive away.

I stared Brandon's car down until it left the parking lot. I folded up the paper and slide it into my backpack. Who was the girl that could write something so harsh?

Amanda had already left too, so I had no ride... Except for the bus. Something I hadn't taken at all because I had Brandon giving me rides.

Just fucking great. Not only was I pissed, and hurt, I had to go ride the god damn bus! It's so embarrassing having to ride the bus, because when it's me I have to turn to the side to get through the isles.

----

When I got home I threw my backpack on the floor of my room and plugged my newly purchased Ipod shuffle into my alarm clock and listened to Alice In Chains. Halfway through the song I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I sighed as I slid it out and flipped it opened.

1 new text message from -Brandon-

I rolled my eyes and clicked the "okay" button.

Brandon- Hey girl!

I shut the phone and sighed once again. Three songs later I felt my phone buzz again. I opened it.

Brandon- Hey girl!

I ignored his text once again and went back to listening to the music. The song "Game Over" By V.V. Brown came on and I felt my phone buzz yet again. I groaned and opened it.

Brandon- Hey... Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?

A tear formed in my left eye and slid slowly down my cheek. I shut the phone and forced myself to fall asleep. When I was little I always told myself that if I ever got in trouble all I had to do was go to sleep....And everything would be alright, nothing would be wrong.

It was worth a try...

There was this constant buzzing in the dream I was having. I was standing in a pitch black room of nothingness... And all I heard was this annoying buzzing and ringing in my ears.

"Haley! Wake up!" I yelled at myself. And I did. I opened my eyes and wiped away the drool that had formed on the side of my mouth. I picked up my phone and flipped it open.

5 new text messages.

I opened it to my in box and smiled. Just a small smile, but it was still a smile. Each and every single new text message was from Brandon...

1.Haley! Talk to me!
2. What did I do?
3. Haley, something is wrong...Tell me!
4. Okay, I did something wrong I can just feel it...
5. K. See you at school.

If that note didn't mean anything to him, he would have thrown it away. I turned off my phone and stared at my ceiling.

I don't like Brandon like that. So why should I care?
I had Alex to worry about. He actually liked me, which is what is so stranger. Brandon? He, doesn't like me, so I don't need this drama.

Then why do I care so much?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the ONE comment from Ihope and that new subscriber! :D thanks.

<3HaleyB