I'm With The Band

Chapter 3

I said my name with confidence, hoping that this cute ass senior doesn't pick up on my nerves. Well, he probably already had, seeing as how I stuttered when he walked up to me. He said his name was Brandon. A very cute and adorable name. The only thing that dumbfounded me was why he even walked over here. Did I look like a loner trying to get attention?

"Haley? What a very pretty name," he flirted. There was no way in hell this senior was talking to me, I must have been imagining things. Brandon was tall and was of average build. He had short brown/blond hair and really pretty brown eyes, and he was a drummer. I only knew that part from the obvious fact that he carried drumsticks in his hands.

"Well, uh, thanks. Brandon right?" I replied lamely. I was usually better at conversations but this boy had me tongue-tied. He chuckled and nodded his head.

"Yes, that's me. What instrument do you play?" Was this senior honestly trying to start a conversation with me?! A freshman?!

"I, um, I play the flute."

"That's cool, I play the drums."

And before I could catch my sarcastic self I muttered,"Obviously." I mentally smacked myself and looked at him through the corner of my vision. He was observing something other than my eyes. I followed his gaze and realized what he was staring at. I coughed awkwardly, this was a perverted senior.

He jerked his vision back up at me and blushed once realizing that he had been caught.

"Brandon!" He looked up to see another girl running towards him, she was black and a fairly heavy-set girl. Her was was long and in red and black braids. I heard Brandon sigh beside me as he stood up.

"Yeah E?" E? Who in the hell has the name which is a letter?

"Colvin said we need to start gathering the freshies, break is over." She had on a revealing green tank top and denim shorts. Sweat stains lined the pits of her shirt. Also, Colvin is the band director.

"Okay, hold on I will be over there in a second," Brandon replied, was that sadness hidden in his voice? Was he really disappointed we couldn't finish our not-even-that-great-conversation? "E" walked away after saying "Okay".

"Who was that?" I asked, putting emphasis on "that". He laughed out loud and grinned at me.

"That, well, that would be Elicia, she's the section leader of the flutes." Oh great.

"Oh wow, she really needs a more UN-revealing shirt," I joked. This time a full on smile broke from his face and he busted out laughing.

"I know right! She's been my friend since our freshman year and she thinks just because she is a senior she can wear whatever she wants, it is pretty nasty, ha-ha." I started laughing along with him as we went back to our spots on the practice field, which was an empty parking lot outside of the band room. "Well have fun Haley, and I will see you after practice, meet by that black car." As he said this he pointed to a black car near the entrance of the band room. I nodded my head and prepared to finish band practice, rather eager to meet him at his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, these chapters are short, but they are coming out fast.
You should comment, I would rather really appreciate some feedback. :]