I'm With The Band

Chapter 4

I tapped my foot impatiently, Haley was taking forever. In the back of my mind I was thinking maybe she left, maybe she forgot about me and doesn't go for older guys. But there was that part of me that made my feet stand locked into the ground while I leaned against my car. They released us almost ten minutes ago, where in the hell is she at?! I thought repeatedly in my mind. The parking lot was almost empty and I finally unlocked my car and threw my things in the passenger seat. I sat in the drivers seat with the door open and turned on my car. I was procrastinating to the best of my ability.

I plugged in my Ipod to the car, went through my play lists, then turned the Ipod back off. I finally gave up, she stood me up, probably had better things to do. Cool, I just got stood up by a freshman.

"Hey." I jumped from the sudden sound of the sweet voice. I glanced up to see Haley. She looked completely exhausted and slightly pissed off/sad.

"Hey," I said softly. "Are you okay?"

She sighed and then shook her head. "My mom called me and told me she had something more important to do than pick me up." My eyes went big, what kind of mom says that to her daughter?!

"Did she really word it like that?!" I asked dumbfounded. She grinned and chuckled softly.

"No! God, I would be so pissed if she did! That's just what she was really saying behind the BS lie she fed me." Her grinned slipped into a frown, which made me frown. She must have saw my reaction because it went to a full on smile.

"I can give you a ride?" I asked, instead of stating. She looked shocked, probably from the fact that a senior just asked her if she needed a ride. Her smile grew bigger and she nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Pretty please?" She asked sweetly, it was rather kinda cute.

"Come on hop in." I said. She walked to the other side of my car and I looked in the seat. all of my stuff was in the way, I quickly (and literally) threw everything into the back seat just in time for her to open the door and sit down without realizing what had happened. She shut the door as I shut mine. "So where do you live?" I asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Um, go to highway 22. I'll tell you the rest when we get to that point." She directed. I simply nodded my head and did as I was told. The car ride was silent and I kept sneaking glances at her through the corner of my eye. She sat calm and to herself, staring out the window. I finally couldn't bare the silence any longer so I turned on my Ipod and choose "Simple Design" by Breaking Benjamin. Haley gasped and I looked at her.

"What?" I asked, silently afraid that I did something wrong.

"I...Love this song!" She started tapping her foot to the beat of the music and mouthing the words. My jaw dropped, this sweet girl was into rock music? My first thought would have been Miley Cyrus. I started singing along with her and when the song ended I was stopped at a red light at Highway 22.

"Left or right Haley?"

"Left," she muttered, then went back to staring out of the window. So much for that cool moment of rocking out. "Turn left in that turning lane." She directed, and once again I did as I was told. "make another left at that street," and she pointed to a street that had trailers lining the side. So she's poor? Okay, that was mean.

"Which house?" I asked quietly.

"This one," she pointed to. It was the only trailer that wasn't a trailer, it was a mobile home, a big mobile home. I pulled into the driveway and put the car in park. She got out of the car and bent over.

"Well are you coming in? Or are you just gonna leave and be rude?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you like so far? i wouldn't know...I haven't received any comments and have only 1 subscriber :P