Status: So sorry to not be updating!!! I'm away for a week, but I'll try to get some up when I get back!

Shadows

Moonlight Dancing

“Could you go grab my cell from the car, Sofia?” my mom yelled from her office, where she usually stays, working nonstop. I got up from the couch and stepped out onto the porch, barefoot. It was around eleven at night, so I didn’t worry about putting on shoes or covering up my slightly revealing night shirt and booty shorts.

My mom flipped the flood lights on so that my shadow appeared in front of me. The ruffled edges on my nightshirt came past the bottom of my shorts. My shadow almost looked fairylike.

My mom always sent me out to get things for her, not that I minded, especially at night. I loved dancing down the driveway, watching my shadow. I could act as I wanted without being seen. I stared up at the starry sky, appreciating my semi-country house. I retrieved my mom’s phone and danced back up the driveway, leaping and twirling. I was giggling to myself when I caught a glimpse of a white from the corner of my property. I froze, stricken with fear.

“Hello?” I asked quietly, squinting into the darkness trying to discern any shapes. I heard a rustle, and another flash of white. I shuddered, getting goosebumps all over.

“Anyone there?” I asked even more quietly, making a direct line to my front door through the lawn, cell gripped in my hand. I started to sprint, scared since no one identified themselves, nor did any type of animal run out from the bushes.

I spent the next week inside as much as possible. It just freaked me out to go out at night in case there actually was someone in my yard with malignant intentions or not.