Status: active

Love 'Em or Leave 'Em

prologue

Kaylie Clemmans was not someone you would typically refer to as a slut, heartbreaker, or player. She was definitely each of these things, though anyone rarely heard or knew about it.

Kaylie liked dating and hooking up with whoever she wanted, whenever she wanted. There was no such thing as “relationships” in her mind. If a guy asked her to be his girlfriend, she more than likely obliged, without giving him the warning that she would most definitely cheat. She never told her “boyfriend” about these goings-on, she just went with the flow and let the relationship run its course. The few times she had been found out, she shrugged it off, not caring enough about either party to let it get her down. She figured that when she met someone worth keeping around she would settle down and change her ways.

She didn't see that happening anytime soon.

She had begun her senior year much like every other year of high school; her summer fling ended things before they got too serious (on his part) and she went back to her normal life of hooking up with even less cares than she had while dating someone. Within the first few weeks of school, she had met some kid-Brian, Ryan, something like that-and he was under the illusion that he was now Kaylie's boyfriend. Kaylie played along until she met Jared. He was a lot more fun than Brian/Ryan, so she stopped answering his phone calls and started seeing Jared exclusively. Until two weeks later when Kyle came along. They had fun for awhile until George stepped into the picture. He had his own pool house where he threw parties almost every weekend. This proved to be a problem when Brian/Ryan and Jared both showed up to one of these parties. They had a few words to share with Kaylie, but she was quickly swept to safety by Josh.

You are probably wondering how Kaylie could get away with all of this, right? It's simple, really. See, Kaylie rarely dated anyone from her own school, Saguaro High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. She liked to prey upon younger and older men alike from Tempe and all surrounding areas; sometimes branching out to Phoenix, depending on how bored she was. She did very little research on the guys she was with, but somehow they usually managed to come from different schools.

Now that you have a bit of background knowledge, you should know about this Josh character. He went to school with Kaylie, and was one of the few guys she remained faithful to, though not exactly by choice. They dated in the eighth grade, which was a bit early for Kaylie to start thinking in her evil ways. They were only together for two months, but that was the longest, healthiest relationship that Kaylie had had until this point. She and Josh still had the occasional hook up, but he was someone that she could shoot the shit with every so often, and she took advantage of this.

The reason Josh stole Kaylie away from her impending situation this time, though, was because he had someone for her to meet. The bassist for his band, Stephen Gomez. He swore that he could change her, but Kaylie didn't seem to think so. Like everything else in her life, she decided to play along and see where it took her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am absolutely stoked for this story, Charis (midnight lover.) and I have been discussing it for a bit now and I'm really happy to have the prologue up. She'll e updating next so I'm not sure exactly when that will be out, but keep an eye out! I really hope you guys will like this as much as i do!