Status: active

Love 'Em or Leave 'Em

chapter one

Stephen Gomez watched his friend Josh drag a girl along behind him and he assumed it was Kaylie. It had to be her since Josh swore she'd be at the party and that he'd introduce the two of them.

Stephen had first heard about Kaylie when Josh, their friend Brian, and Stephen had been randomly sitting around discussing old girlfriends. One thing led to another and Josh had told his two friends the story of Kaylie and how the two of them had dated in eighth grade. Josh then went on to tell Stephen and Brian how Kaylie had transformed from the sweet girl he dated in eighth grade to the heart breaker that she was.

Stephen surprised himself by telling Josh that he wanted to meet her.

Josh first told him no, telling him that she wasn't worth the trouble. After some insisting on Stephen's part, Josh finally agreed to let them meet and see where things would go from there.

"Stephen, this is Kaylie," Josh said, breaking Stephen out of his thoughts. "Kaylie, this is Stephen."

"Nice to meet you Kaylie," Stephen said smiling genuinely.

Kaylie sat down on the chair next to Stephen and smiled at him. "Very nice to meet you," she purred, already formulating how quickly she could sleep with him and get another boyfriend along with him. She had no plans to stay faithful to this boy especially since Josh had told her that Stephen could change her.

Josh, sensing what her tone meant said, "Kids, play nice. I'll see you later."

Once Josh had left, Kaylie angled herself more towards Stephen and started talking to him. "So, Josh told me that you guys are in a band together. That's really cool," she said.

"Yeah, I play bass, Josh plays guitar, my younger brother John also plays guitar, our friend Brian sings, and our friend Jess plays drums. She's an amazing drummer," he said.

"I'd love to see you guys play sometime," she told him.

"Definitely," Stephen told her, smiling and relaxing a little bit.

By the end of the night, Kaylie had slightly changed her views on Stephen. She still wanted to sleep with him but she actually found him to be a good guy; not someone she could fuck and cheat on once she found another guy.

A few days after the party, Stephen took Kaylie out on a date and by the end of the week, the pair were exclusive. Two months later, Stephen and Kaylie were still dating and going strong.

"Kaylie," her mom said knocking on her door before opening it. "Stephen is in the living room waiting for you."

"Okay Mom," she said turning around from the mirror to look at her mom.

Kaylie finished fixing her hair and making sure that her outfit looked good before walking into the living room and seeing Stephen sitting on the couch talking to her dad.

Stephen heard her, looked up, and smiled at her. "Ready to go babe?" he asked.

"Yep," she said grabbing his hand and pulling him off the couch.

They walked outside and got into his car. After they had been driving for ten minutes, Kaylie asked where they were going.

"I was thinking Sonic but I'm not telling you the rest," he told her.

"You should just tell me," she said, moving her hand over his lap and caressing his package through his jeans.

He let out a strangled laugh and moved her hand. "No."

"Fine," she told him putting her hand back in her lap.

Thirty minutes later, they had eaten and were driving again and Kaylie was once again asking Stephen where they were going. He still wasn't telling though. They finally ended up at park by Stephen's house.

"What're we doing here?" Kaylie asked once they'd stopped.

"Just get out of the car and you'll see," he told her smiling.

Kaylie stayed in the car and watched Stephen grab a blanket and spread it out on the grass near one of the slides. When he saw that she wasn't getting out, he came back over to the car and opened the passenger door.

"Please get out of the car," he told her grabbing her hand. "We can go cuddle on the blanket and look at the stars."

"It's cold," she told him.

"I'll warm you up," he told her.

Kaylie got out of the car and followed her boyfriend over to the blanket. They lay down and he pulled her into his arms, kissing the top of her head.

They lay like that for a while, just holding each other before she finally spoke. "So this is the rest of our date?"

"Yeah. Do you like it?" he asked.

She smiled and kissed him lightly. "I love it. You're too good to me."

"I love you," he told her. "Of course I'm good to you. You're worth everything."

She cuddled up closer to him and found his lips again. "I love you too."

An hour later Stephen roused Kaylie and told her that it was time to go home. "Your parents will kill me if we're late and you miss curfew."

"Fine, okay," she told him sleepily. Cuddling with him had her completely relaxed.

When he dropped her off at her house, he walked her to her door and kissed her goodnight. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye," she told him shutting the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, Charis here. I'm supposed to be prepping for my math final on Monday but I'm taking a break from that to post this for you guys.

Bri and I are really excited for this story so comments are appreciated.