‹ Prequel: How It Should Be
Sequel: More of These Days

These Days

One

Taylor slipped into the building. She checked to make sure no saw her. Of course no one saw her; no one knew who she was. No one knew she was Sidney Crosby’s sister. She had blond hair, she was shorter than him. The only obvious thing they shared was their father’s mouth.

She slipped into the elevator, safe inside. She kept her hood up anyway. She closed her eyes and leaned against the back of the elevator. It stopped once, it stopped again, and then she was on his floor. She walked down the hall. She knocked three times and he answered.

“Hey Jordan,” Taylor looked up at him. He smiled down at his teammate’s little sister. She was visiting, staying in a hotel with Sidney’s parents because Sidney’s girlfriend was staying with him at the Lemieux’s. Her parents thought she was at the movies with Austin and Alex. Sidney thought she was napping in the hotel.

“Hey, Tay,” Jordan swung the door open. Taylor walked inside. Yesterday they thought she was going out to dinner with Marc-Andre’s girlfriend Vero. Taylor turned around after a few steps. Jordan started leaning sideways. Then they were kissing.

His hands were everywhere; her neck, her shoulders, her tummy, her breasts, her waist. They were into each other, it was wild. Jordan started lifting her and she instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist. He grabbed her hips and walked her to the couch. He lay her down and climbed on top of her. He slipped her sweatshirt off of her. She lifted his shirt off his head. He slipped his large hands under her tank top and cupped her breast. She tangled her fingers into his blond hair. His scruffy chin scraped her cheek as he laid kisses around her face.

She briefly thought of her brother and how disappointed in her he would be but as Jordan found the spot on her neck and began sucking she moaned loudly and any thoughts of Sidney shot right out of her head. Incidentally Sidney wasn’t thinking of her either.

Sidney was thinking of his own girlfriend –not that he could officially call her that– Karen. Karen lived four hours and one minute away from, provided there was no traffic. Karen was in her senior year at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. She met Sidney at a game while visiting her friend at Carnegie Mellon.

Their relationship wasn’t much. Karen and Sidney exchange phone calls and texts almost every day of the week. They only saw each other about three times a month. Sidney looked forward to the moments he got to spend with her. Karen was quickly become his girl.

“Do we want to make lunch?” Karen asked. They were watching old episodes of That 70s Show. Sidney grunted. He didn’t want to get up. “No? You aren’t hungry?” Karen asked. Sidney grunted again. “Not even if I make a special sandwich for you?” Karen sang in his hear. Sidney laughed.

“What kind of special sandwich?” Sidney asked.

“Um…turkey, cucumber, and avocado?” Karen suggested.

“With honey mustard?” Sidney asked. Karen nodded.

“Sure,”

“Well let’s go make lunch then.” Sidney stood up. Karen held out her hands and Sidney pulled her up with him. “What sandwich am I going to make for you?” Sidney asked.

“Hah, as if I’d let you make me a sandwich.”

“I’m making a sandwich for you and that’s final. What do you want?” Sidney asked. He and Karen moved around Mario’s kitchen. Karen had been to Mario’s a few times before but pretty much knew where everything was. If Sidney had practice or had to go out and couldn’t take Karen with him he knew she could fend for herself, and that made him very happy.

“Um, peanut butter and banana,” Karen said after a moment’s thought.

“Really? I haven’t eaten that since I was eight.” Sidney laughed. Karen blushed.

“Neither have I, but I don’t trust you with lunch meat.” Karen laughed.

“Hey!” Sidney shoved her with his hip. She shoved him right back. “Ooh, are we going to fight?” In response Karen grabbed the jar of peanut butter and took a spoonful out. She gunked it onto her finger and then spread it on his cheek.

“It’s on.” Sidney grabbed the jar out of her hands and without even bothering with a spoon he grabbed some and rubbed it into her hair. She screamed and grabbed the honey mustard and squirted the bottle at him. It landed on his chin and fell down to his chest. He grabbed a piece of turkey and shoved it into her top. She took the butter and rubbed it all over the back of his neck while he desperately tried to rub more peanut butter into her hair.

They didn’t hear the youngest Lemieuxs open the door and walk in the house.

“Oh, isn’t this cute,” Austin said, walking into the kitchen.

“Ah, you ate all my peanut butter.” Alexa whined.

“I don’t think we really ate all that much of it.” Sidney said, yanking on a lock of Karen’s icky hair.

“Well when you shower together, and don’t even pretend like that’s not what you’re going to do, please don’t use ours.” Austin said to Sidney. “The shower is supposed to be a clean place. Speaking of clean, where’s Taylor? This is the type of thing she would hate.” Austin pointed to the mess while speaking of his friend and Sidney’s sister.

“Oh, she’s with my parents I think. She said she was going to sleep.” And boy was she “sleeping”. Sleeping with Jordan Staal, that is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay new story!