‹ Prequel: How It Should Be
Sequel: More of These Days

These Days

Seventeen

“I called.” Kris said after Tyler opened his hotel room door.

“Called who?’

“Jennifer.” Kris said. Tyler didn’t hold back his gasp. He let his jaw drop.

“Are you kidding me Kris?” Tyler threw the door all the way open and dragged Kris inside. He banged on the connective door and hauled Geno and Max in from their room as well. “He called Jennifer.”

Geno gasped. Max gasped. They exchanged a look and let their jaws drop.

“Why would you do something that stupid?” Max asked. “She broke up with you man. I know you’re torn up about it but c’mon.”

Kris began sputtering and couldn't formulate a reply. Evgeni patted his shoulder.

“He has lots emotions.” Geno said to Max. “But should not called.” The Russian shook his head. “Why do that?” Geno, Max, and Tyler let their eyes fall on Kris.

“I called her because I needed to get her out of my life.”

“So you called her and brought her back into it?” Max asked confused.

“No, I called her and asked her to get her stuff from our super, Tyler.” Kris raised his eyebrows at Tyler opened and closed his mouth a few times.

“Oh,” Tyler exchanged a look with Max. Geno didn't really understand the English and pulled out his phone to text Violet.

“Right.” An awkward silence filled the room and Max cleared his throat after a minute.

“So I have a date with Erin when we get back-”

“Does this mean you’re over her?” Tyler interrupted Max. First Max thought Tyler was talking to him but when Kris answered he clammed up.

“No more no say Jennifer?” Geno asked Kris as well.

“Exactly. I’m done with her. She doesn’t want me and now I don’t want her. I’m ready to meet new people.” The guys all got up to give Kris a hug. As the pulled away Max tried again.

“So I have a date with E-” but Geno’s phone started ringing.

“Violet.” Geno said to the guys who immediately hushed up. “Da?” Geno nodded his head a couple times but then stopped. “No! I want baby classes. No take Matt!” Max and Kris shared some laughter as Geno argued with Violet in Russian for a bit. “Fine. You right. Make sense. Love you.” And Geno hung up the phone.

"Baby classes?" Max raised his eyebrows and held back a snort.

“She take Matt to baby yoga.”

“Baby yoga?” Max laughed.

“Yoga for ladies with baby.” Geno explained.

“And you DON’T want to do that?” Kris laughed.

“THERE’S the Kris we know and love.” Max smacked his fellow Canadian on the back.

"Do I want yoga with emotion ladies? No." Geno snorted. "I no have death wish."

After a round of laughter Max impatiently cleared his throat.

“Now can we talk about how I have a date with Erin when we get back?”

“You have a date with Erin? Violet’s best friend?!” Kris asked in disbelief.

“No, Matt Violet best friend, Erin best girl friend,” Geno corrected him. Kris made a face. "There a difference!" Evgeni cried defensively.

“You have a date with Erin?” Kris repeated himself, ignoring Evgeni’s comment. Max nodded. “Why didn’t you tell me this sooner?”

“You were preoccupied!” Max chortled.

“Next thing you know Geno’s going to tell me he and Violet are engaged.” Kris laughed. Evgeni chuckled nervously.

“Well, my last date Erin thought I didn’t pay enough attention to her and that I was flirting with other girls-”

“Well let’s be honest, that is something you do.” Kris cut in. Evgeni got up and edged out of the room.

“Well anyway, I just really like her and I don’t know what to do to empress her.”

“You don’t have to impress her, she’s already going on the date with you.” Kris patted Max on the shoulder. “Just be yourself.”