‹ Prequel: How It Should Be
Sequel: More of These Days

These Days

Twenty

“GENO AND VIOLET ARE HAVING A BOY!” Kris shouted, banging on Tyler’s bedroom door.

“I don’t care.” Tyler said. His face was pressed into his pillow and he was lying on his bed.

“Really? You don’t care?”

“No, I don’t care that my teammate is having an illegitimate child. My girlfriend was cheating on me. With multiple guys.”

“The baby won’t be illegitimate, they eloped.”

“They eloped?” Tyler sat up and looked at Kris. Kris warmed a little inside watching Tyler go back to being his old self for a moment.

“Yeah, the other day when we got back from the road trip they went to county hall and got the papers signed. They’re going to have like a dinner party or something in a couple days to celebrate with everyone,”

“Why didn’t you tell me, eh?”

“I thought you knew! All the guys know. You’ve been out of it, man.”

“When did everyone else find out?”

“Like the past week…we’ve all been talking about it in the locker room.” Kris shrugged. “Tyler…you’re beginning to act like, well, like me.”

“Excuse me?”

“You’re all mopey and-”

“GET OUT OF MY ROOM!” Tyler shouted pointing towards the door. Kris spluttered for a moment or two before Tyler pointed again. “Out. Now.” Kris’s eyes widened at the face Tyler was making at him and he backed out of the room, closing the door. He wasn’t sure what to do.

He thought about calling Max but it just wasn’t a good idea because Tyler might hear. He grabbed his coat and his keys and left. He wasn’t sure where he was going but he ended up at Jordan’s.

Jordan, confused, let him in and Kris made a beeline for the fridge. Jordan watched confused as Kris pulled out a carton of orange juice and started chugging from the bottle.

“What are you doing man?” Jordan asked after a moment. Kris pulled the carton away and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

“Tyler,” he started, “is acting like me. Like when I broke up with…Jen...” Kris said after a minute

“Well then you’ll have to let him be like Tyler let you be,”

“I don’t follow,” Kris shook his head.

“You went through the seven stages of grief…and you can help someone doing that. You gotta let him grieve alone like you.”

“I went through the seven stages of grief?” Kris asked. Jordan chuckled and shook his head. Instead of replying he put the juice back in the fridge.

“Did you know Geno’s having a boy and married Violet?” Kris asked. The fridge door slammed shut and Jordan looked up.

“WHAT?”
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter! More comments mean it will be up faster :)