Crimson Darkness

The Philosophical Inquisitiveness of Katie

So, the mother scolded her idiotically-philosophical daughter and continued talking, not noticing a lone, lean figure at the end of the fluffy, peach-colored couch. Dylan was just there, back leaned against the back of the couch, arms crossed, eyes closed and covered with his dark chocolate-auburn untamed hair. He wasn't paying attention to them anyWay.

"Do you remember when he went berserk?" The mom inquired. Her daughter just nodded and she continued, "I forced him to look at me. Predictably, he disobeyed, but then he gave in. He --"

"By the Way..." Katie cut off, "What's the color of Dylan's eyes?"

"Those charming eyes of his?" The mom chuckled, "His eyes are... well... really rare to find. I can't explain them to you, but it's a mixture of blue and green with flecks of... a color you'll be drowned in..."

"... I see." The curious daughter chimed. They continued talking about the young teenager until they felt tiny movements.

" DYLAN??!" The two shockingly shouted.

"Hmn." Dylan mumbled back.

"Since when were you sitting down next to us?" Katie, who was now cautiously moving closer to the handsome cousin, asked.

No answer.

"Since awhile ago?"

A short nod.

"Well, what a sneaky person indeed." The relatives noticed that he was in his school uniform already. ' I wonder how his voice sounds like...' Katherine thought.

As if her wish was granted, Dylan mumbled, "I'm leaving for school. Bye." And he suddenly left when he ( surprisingly) looked at the two. As expected, hurt eyes were seen in the teen's face, although he was plastering a stoic face, just staring at them. Waiting for an answer, Aunt Judy replied with a sweet nod and he left ever-so quietly.

This made Katie to stutter. "W-woah, mom."

The mom smiled sheepishly and replied, "Told you so."

"I'll be leaving, too. He doesn't even know where the school is at." Katie whispered, not getting why she did so when they're the only two around. She shrugged and wondered if he really knows where the school is.

She'd take it as a yes.

The young teen rushed out of the door and found him... walking. Hands in pockets, and, unsurprisingly, head down. Katie ran towards her cousin. ' Maybe I should talk to him,' Katie thought while panting next to her cousin. "Why... do you run so fast?" The lass panted out.

No answer.

"Oh, C'mon! Please answer!"

"Hmn."

"I'll take that as an answer, then." She snaked her arm next to the cousin's arm and tugged his long uniform sleeve. " Please, Dylan. Talk to me!"

Silence. Dylan looked at the eyes who were pleading on his shoulder.

"Why... should I talk..." Hurt eyes met Katie's. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it, still shocked.

"You...y-you...talked!" Katie exclaimed as loud as a scream, still tugging carefully at the cousin's arm.

"... It's not like I'm mute ..." The handsome cousin mumbled softly, not as loud as a whisper. He was actually talking to his cousin (Oh, wow?).

He has a really nice voice! Katie thought, STOP IT STOP IT! He is your freakin' cousin! Aaaargh. Stupid rules....'

"...Oi." Dylan said.

"Y-yeah? Katie replied after her 'Lesson.'

The lad looked at the tugging movement which wasstill being done by his cousin.

"What? Oh..." Katie mumbled when the lady remembered that she spaced out. She turned to different shades of red while she quickly let go of the arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo.. how was it? I'll leave you guys to judge, neh?

Btw, Is my layout too... intricate?

Reviews would certainly be lovely and I am also accepting requests for the upcoming chapters. <3

Hubie.

&#8596;&#9566;&#9829;XtaticallyShoXed&#9829;&#9566;&#8596;