Status: Updating. slowly.

Confined

Chapter One

So I guess I should introduce myself, huh? I’m Aiden Santiera; Columbian, long haired, brown eyed, stylish, different, amusing… the list goes on. Throughout my life I’ve been through a lot. At the mere age of 9 I was diagnosed with hematological neoplasm, more specifically leukemia. Leukemia is cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterized by an abnormal increase of blood cells. I’ve been fighting this for 6 years, and I’m not giving up.

I’ve barely been to school, and whenever I’ve gone I’ve been treated like glass. My teachers think that if I’m not “properly taken care of” I’ll fall over and die. Yeah, that’s what’s going to happen to me… one day I’ll be sitting in science and all of a sudden the wind will blow past me making me fall off my lab chair, hit an explosive chemical, make it fall all over the floor, cause a nuclear explosion, and kill myself in the process. Yup, that’s the way to go.

No one understands that maybe, just maybe, I’d like to be treated like any other teenager. Have they ever thought that I would want to try vodka for once? Or that maybe I want to finally learn how to ride two-wheeler? What kind of a 15 year old doesn’t know how to ride a TWO-WHEELER?! Or hey, maybe even go someplace by myself and not have bodyguards all around me. Okay so the last parts not true, but that’s what it feels like.

No one understands, except my mom, Valentina. She stuck with me since day 1. She’s never left my side, and I know she doesn’t plan on leaving. With my fathers passing my mom received over $400,000 in his will, which apparently were my grandfathers passed down to my father. The money was spent towards my getting better, from medication to ambulance bills (like really, who pays for an ambulance?). She’s been with me through thick and thin, and has made every moment of my life worth living. Well, mostly every moment… But I love her all the same.

My name is Aiden Santiera, and this is my story.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are welcome :) tell me what you think.