When in Love, Forced to Part

Allyn

I stood over the window, crowded by frantic nurses. I watched as Aiden sprinted away. I could tell he was in pain, and that hurt me. When he smiled up at me, my heart began to race even faster than it had before. I saw his face change when he realized he did, but I knew it was there.

I was rushed back to my bed, the nurses screaming and crying. Chrissy was past hyperventilating. She was screaming incoherently, and trying to get out and run after him. As much as I cared for Aiden, I was furious he yelled at her. Even as he was running far away, she still wanted to go after him and apologize.

The nurses finally sedated her, her screams turning to mumbling, then to silence. As the nurses picked up her area that had been completely messed up, I thought to the conversation. Oh, how it had turned. He had come in, kissing her forehead. I felt jealousy arise as he did. I had secretly smiled when I saw what he did with those clothes. It looked very arousing.

Suicide and cutting? Abuse and rape? How could this of happened? I was severely beat up, but I would never have thought of suicide and even thought of cutting. However, it was rape. Dad probably would have done it if I admitted I was gay. I felt proud of Aiden, admitting his preference for guys. I felt courage soar through me, and I decided to tell my own dad I was gay. Yes, I knew it. I never felt the same spark with girls as I did with Aiden.

Knowing you love somebody, and knowing they are gone and in pain, most likely bleeding to death somewhere is a terrible feeling. I myself began to hyperventilate, even though I tried stopping. The nurse who had been caring for me frowned and walked over, messing with my tubes. I felt sleep overwhelm me as her face blurred away.

“But I want to go in and see him,” a girls voice said stubbornly.

“I’m sorry miss but right now his roommate is about to have important, grown-up matters handled,” a nurse responded more quietly than the girl.

“I don’t give a fuck about the other roommate, she can go somewhere else,” the girl snarled. I felt myself wake up, recognizing the third voice, and then the first.

“Hey! Watch it, the roommate of mine is nice. I give a fuck about her so watch it, Yasmin,” I said sitting up. I heard her chuckle and sigh. I also heard a slap against skin.

“Yeah Yasmin. I bet she is really nice and your being rude. Oh and miss, I am an adult, I’m fourteen!” Clayne piped up. I could here the nurse scoff, and they came in for a few minutes.

“Hey guys, what’s going on?” I asked, looking over to see Chrissy smiling nervously at me. I could tell she didn’t want to talk to these two, especially my best friend who just said she didn’t give a shit about her. Yasmin gave her a small glance and just glared at me.

“What is she your new best friend?” Yasmin snapped, I felt my face pale, and Chrissy began crying. “I…I was just joking. Er… I’m sorry?”

Clayne frowned and walked over to Chrissy. She gave her a small hug and walked back over to me. Yasmin stood there, totally confused. I just shook my head to be her answer and she just frowned.

“Well Dad is visiting in about two hours, but we have to go. Nurse face over there just gave me the sign that I HAD to go. I love you, Allyn. I shall see you later,” Clayne said kissing her cheek. Yasmin nodded, and then hugged me, following Clayne. “I hope everything goes well with you, miss,” Clayne said then exited the room.

One minute later, an investigator and a cop came in, gave short talk then coughed. I scrutinized them carefully. They were intimidating, broad shouldered, and stern. I edged away, as Chrissy’s red eyes gazed up.

“We would like to question you with any information you might have. You were here, and you’ve said to knowing, Aiden Webbs, for many years,” the cop said, as Chrissy shuddered. She nodded and a nurse ran in and helped her out so they could switch rooms. The investigator man gave me a look as they left, and I crept under my blankets.

I kept imagining what they were saying, what they were asking. Had they got his dad? Were they going to event try finding Aiden? What if he died first? What if he got hurt, or starved? I’ll have to help look once I’m out of this hospital. The nurses would come in, giving me food, a book, turning on the television. They would do anything I asked, except tell me what was going on.

I was unenthusiastically flipping through the channels, when Chrissy came in. She didn’t utter one word, but I saw her eyes even more red. She got under her blankets, with help from the nurse, and lay there silent. I turned off the television as the cop came back in.

I felt my heart pang, hoping he wouldn’t take her in again. Just let her lie there, can’t you see she’s distressed? But he didn’t make her go, he turned to me. I flinched away, and he walked over.

“We need you to come now,” he said, beckoning me. I hesitantly got out, afraid and shaking. I followed him out and as I walked into the hallway, I saw my dad. His eyes grew in fear and anger, and I felt my body shake even more. I calmed my breathing but still felt my skin crawling. They brought me to an office, most likely cleared with this investigator. The cop left to go get coffee, and I was told to sit down across from the desk.

“So, you were in the room when Aiden Webbs admitted to being raped and abused by his father?” I was taken aback by how blunt and forward he was. I suppose he wasn’t here to take more than one hour, and just had to get his information. I cleared my throat a few times after unsuccessfully trying to talk.

“Yes,” I confirmed, my voice sounding small in comparison to his husky, manly voice. I rubbed my neck, looking around for something calming to stare at. His gaze was like ice crystals piercing me. I began to sweat, which was rare for me.

He began to eye me, and I looked away quickly.

“So I see you go to the same high school as him. Is that true?” I simply nodded, glancing at the clock, hoping it would only last an hour at the most. “When was the first time you met him? Did it look like he was an abused kid?”

I began to reminisce to all our childhood days. Then the tragic split scene played. I thought back to the times I saw him in the hallways, really trying to remember those brief few seconds of glances. It never looked like he was abused, he hid it so well.

“No, it never did. But he knows how to hide thoughts, emotions, bruises, and pain very well,” I said still thinking about those meager glances.

“I bet he does. It seems like you’ve known him longer then let on. Do you know of anything important? Anything that could prove he did abuse him in anyway?”

I felt my heart race, and just bit my bottom lip. Do I tell him? This was very personal, and I had only just barely told the minor details to Chrissy last night. Was I prepared to tell a stranger one of the most traumatizing events of my life? He saw my internal struggling, and softened a tad.

“It could help keep his father behind bars. We have not had a witness of him being beaten, and we can’t find him at this moment. You’ll be helping Aiden in the process,” he said, using his words carefully, and being very persuasive. I let my mind fight for one more minute then blurted out the days events, closing my eyes once I finished. The man scribbled some things down, and thanked me. He told me he would contact me and my information was greatly appreciated and important.

I sat until he said I could go and I hurried back to my room. The cop eyed me while he chewed on something, but I just avoided his glance. When I reached my room, I heard sniffles cut off quickly. I crawled into the bed, and slowly fell asleep.

I heard sniffles return as my last bit of lucidness slipped away. I dreamed of Aiden being killed in a ditch after brutally being raped and beaten. I imagined Clayne and Yasmin being chased by grotesque monsters. Then the monster turned into my father, yelling at me, and then beating me into oblivion as all these horrid thoughts pulled me in. I began to join in the sniffling, unconsciously.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, I am so sorry for this HUGEEE long wait. i'm in a college class, and several difficult classes this junior year. I can barely squeeze out one update a weekend. So co-author.... not really sure whats going on with her.... but I wanted to update something, then i wanted to update this, and it's been forever....so.... hope some readers are left!!!! xD comment!!!! my chapter is next so maybe next weekend you'll hear about aiden!!!!! XDDDD
(Allyn is not my character so I'm doing the best i can, sorry if you dislike how i'm writing it, but i'm trying to keep this story alive!)