When in Love, Forced to Part

Aiden Webbs

Our screams filled the crisp air as the car spun out of control. Then, the car fell into the ditch forcefully. The trunk was in the ditch, the hood in the air. For several minutes, we stayed silent and still. The windows had broken, shattering all around us, and slicing at our arms and neck. The car alarm started to go off, piercing the air like a siren.

Finally, we released the air we were holding in, slowly lifting our heads up. The front mirror was completely off, and the back one was broken open and surrounded by slush and mud. We each gave each other a look, noticing the blood dripping down our arms and back. I began to open my door, more glass falling onto me. These ditches were huge, and for me to jump down it could get nasty.

I turned and gave Chrissy a look, then started to inch downwards. The car began to tilt, and I quickly stopped. Then the car tires were sliding off the side of the road, letting the rest of the car fall into the ditch. I reached for my door, and quickly shut it, watching the ground zoom forward. The car was going to fall on my side, causing anything to come in through the window, and everything falls onto my side.

I felt myself slam against my locked door. I could feel slush, and mud touching the upper right side of my body. I could sense Chrissy struggling to not fall on top of me, gripping on to the arm holder for dear life, her knuckles turning a pale white. Once the car stopped moving, I sighed.

"How cliché. You jinxed us, whore," I said, laughing at her. She gave a hearty laugh in return, still gripping the side of the door.

"My bad. So are you okay?" She asked bending her neck to look at me.

"Yeah, besides little cuts, what about you?" I started to push myself up, still being uncomfortable and sore.

"Pretty much the same," she said, grunting.

"Pretty much? What’s wrong?" I said through gasps of air, still situating myself, so I was not laying in the ditch contents.

"Nothing it is just my uh ankle... little... urghh... tender," Chrissy moaned. I figured it was sprained, or possibly worse.

"Not good. Okay well, we need to get out. Can you open your door?" I asked moving a little to see her more clearly.

"Uh yeah, give me a second." I heard her door creak open a minute later, and her breathe heavily. Chrissy was anything but strong, at least physically, so I worried for her. "Okay, open and clear."

"Alright I need you to get out kinda, and climb up the ditch and onto the road. I'll help, but your going to have to move first."

"Alright, don't get all bossy dickhead," she said laughing and stepping out. She involuntarily groaned from her ankle, trying to hide it. She got up, and leaned against the car awkwardly, and I took her space.

"Okay when I count to three, push up as much as you can then grab the ledge and climb up, with my help of course." I heard her grunt in acknowledgement, and started. "One... two... THREE!"

With much difficulty, I pushed her up, my arms searing in pain. I began pushing more, and I smacked my head against the window. "Ouch," I grumbled in return.

"I got it. I'm... ugh.... up!" I heard her tone of relief, and looked up to see her looking down at me. I stuck my body fully back in the car and grabbed my, surprisingly undamaged, guitar and her backpack. I came back out and tossed her backpack up to her, then slung my guitar around my back. I climbed out, and leaned where she did a few moments before. I got ready to jump, bouncing my legs up and down.

"Come on Aiden," Chrissy said slapping her knees. I chuckled, and jumped. I grabbed on to the ledge, and started to pull myself up. Chrissy grabbed my hands, and stared down at me.

"Mufasa!!!" She said glaring evilly.

"Scar! What are you doing?!" I asked shocked.

"Oh, helping you up silly," she giggled, helping me get up. I was up, and just lay on my stomach, exhausted.

"We... are... freaks. Even during... a near.... death experience," I said slowly, panting.

"Baha... yeah we are. We laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha ha." Chrissy's said, posing.

"Okay, no more Lion King quotes." She started to pout, but stopped.

"Your head is bleeding a little." I put my hand to my forehead, and felt some sticky liquid. I just groaned and sat next to Chrissy.

"I'm fine, how’s your ankle?"

"I think it’s sprained, but I don't know." We both sat there silent, just thinking. It was very cold, and I leaned over hugging her.

"For warmth," I said laughing at her reaction. Then she said the six words that were on both of our minds.

"Well.... what do we do now?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Date- June 26th, 2010
Word Count- 820
Music- In the End- Linkin Park
Took- One day
Message: Gawd i am so sorry its super short, but my next chapter will be more lengthy!!!!!!!!!! I just needed to get them out of their.... predicament. Sorry if I left anyone like, O_O. Well please read, comment, subscribe, and advertise. it mean a bunch to us!!!!!!!!
Love,
your author
C.A.B.