When in Love, Forced to Part

Aiden Webbs

"Well I suppose we could call for help, right?" I said digging my cell phone out of my pocket, and walking around.

"Your not going to get any signal out here, dumbass," Chrissy said snorting at me. I flipped her off as I walked back over to her, and she bit my finger.

"Ow!" I screamed. She laughed and then pulled out her cell too, moving it around. She did not get up, and just sighed. "Is your ankle alright?" She looked at me nervously.

"Yeah, its perfect." I knew she was lying because as I walked around raising my phone high in the air I saw her massaging her leg and foot.

"Your lying, let me see it better," I said setting my phone down uselessly. I grabbed her right foot gently, and slowly removed her shoe. It was bruised and still bruising, and swelling. "Can you tell me what you feel?"

Chrissy moved a bit, and winced. "Pain, its tingly and numb, really sore and I feel weak. Also it's hard to move my leg," Chrissy was on the verge of tears, and she hated crying. I quickly took off my jacket and wrapped it around her right foot. I then tore off the strap to my guitar case and tied it around my jacket.

"You don't have to do that, you will freeze," she protested. I flipped her off one more time.

"You will freeze, and you’re hurt." I smiled gently, and rubbed my hands together. I picked my cell phone up off the icy ground, and attempted again.

"Aiden, your head is bleeding faster. It’s dripping down the side of your face," Chrissy screeched attempting to stand. I simply waved it off, and told her to sit. Ten minutes passed of consistent yelling from Chrissy, and I yelled.

"Stop it. You are far much worse. You most likely broke your ankle, and what I have a scratch. This is not working so we need to start walking. I am going to have to help you, but that’s fine, so get ready." Chrissy shut her mouth, and put her backpack on her pack. I picked up my guitar with my right hand, and propped her up with my left arm.

This hobbling went on for only two minutes. I had my cell phone in my right hand with my guitar, flipping it open to check for a signal. We had not made it very far at all when we realized it just was not going to work. We had moved around two feet from where we sat by the car.

"Aiden just leave me, find a signal and come back or something." Chrissy was leaning on me, and panting. Even doing any of that work was a strain. I took her backpack off and put it on me, my guitar set on the ground. We just stood there catching our breath, when we started to smell gasoline.

We looked over, at the car and screamed. I picked her up and began running, trying to avoid the biggest ice patches. The complete left side of my head was sticky and had my hair plastered to my face, blocking some of my vision. Literally, one minute later we heard an enormous explosion, and could feel the heat radiating around the air. I dove down, hugging her to my body blocking her from anything. She kept screaming, and I groaned.

I felt something stab my thigh and I screamed, trying to suppress it. After three anxious minutes, I got up, looking at her car burn in flames. I just laughed as I saw the glass strewn everywhere and how bad our luck was. She joined in but stopped as soon a she saw a medium size piece of glass in my left thigh.

"I'm fine, come on we got to go. I'll carry you," I mumbled, struggling to stand up.

"Thank you Aiden. However, one, you are crazy, you cannot walk on that. Two that glass is in deep. Three you are already not strong at all. That is why were not in sports but play music-" Chrissy cut off and became open mouthed. I stared at her for a moment, watched her stare at the car. Then it hit me.

I screamed and tried to get up, and run to the car. Chrissy was crying again, and began holding me down with any strength she had left. My most valuable possession was next to the car. The guitar was right there. It was gone. My life and career were gone. All burned to ashes. What was the point of continuing?

"I am so sorry, this is all of my fault," Chrissy sobbed, letting her whole being disappear. I started to feel bad for freaking out, having an unnecessary episode. I stopped screaming, cussing, and whining and rubbed her arms.

"It's alright. It will never be your fault, Chrissy. Something good will happen to us. You stay strong and hang in there. Were going to get you to the hospital." She continued to cry, and I spoke sweet things, watching the flames lick the car surface. For no reason I took out my cell phone, opening it. There was still no signal.

I looked down at my thigh, bleeding slowly, and felt my head, that was still bleeding. I sighed and ripped my shirt. I took the piece off the sleeve and wrapped it around my head, tying it tight. My vision was getting blurry, and my body numb from the coldness. Chrissy sensed it and tried to help me stay up, and I did the same for her. I surveyed the white, barren wasteland and just smiled.

As much as I know despised this road, and the ditches, and no service it really was beautiful. I moved to get comfortable and held Chrissy against me. My left leg with the shard of glass in it was bent behind me, and my right in Indian style. She laid her head on my upper right thigh and stomach, her body curled up. My right hand was over her body and my left attempting to apply pressure to my thigh. Soon my body was immune to the coldness, or so I told myself.

"I'm tired, Aiden. Wake me up in five. I woke up early to go save your ass from school and home, it's the least you can do." Chrissy was barely mumbling, and I shook her.

"No, not fair. I never asked you too. You stay awake.... just like... me," I argued slowly drifting off myself. I opened my cell phone with difficulty, and literally smacked my head.

"Chrissy, we are so stupid. You do not need service or whatever to call the police. This was all for nothing. We could have been already back and safe," I started to laugh uncontrollably, and she just giggled softly before passing out. I laid my head against hers, trying to stop laughing. My eyes went blurrier, and I struggled to pick up my cell phone.

I flipped it open and tried to dial 911. My fingers in the gloves were too big. I threw my right hand glove off, and pushed the nine and first one. My phone began to blink, about to die. I had a moment of clarity and slammed the one down. I pushed the speaker button on and waited, my eyes returning to their blurry, wet state. I was still laying on her head, my arms now draped over her shoulder and back. I closed my eyes and the phone dropped from my relaxed fingers.

"Hello, this is 911. What's your problem?" It was a female voice, and I mumbled 'help'. "Hello, is someone there? Is someone hurt?"

I let my fingers grope for the phone, my eyes already closed. I opened my mouth to talk and it croaked.

"Hello, this is the last time I ask before I am forced to assume its a prank, which is illegal," the lady said sternly.

"Help, please," I said louder. There was no answer from the lady. "HELP!" I screamed with my croaky voice.

"Where are you? Are you hurt? Is it just you? Stay awake and talk to me?' She sounded urgent but calm. I was curious as to why she was so calm, and started laughing.

"Street with ditches, yes, no, and I'm tired.... bye," I said loud enough then felt her frantic voice slip away, as I finally became comfortable. The pain was finally going away. My eyes resting just like Chrissy's. I tasted blood in my mouth. I smelt gasoline. I heard the crackling of fire and imaginary guitar notes. I felt the dampness of the ice and slush around me. The last thing I saw was a small snowflake quickly falling down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Date- July 11th, 2010
Word Count- 1416
Music- Honetly and The Endless Fight- Breathe Electric
Took- Two days, but procrastinating more days
Message: I am so sorry it isn't as long as I said it would be, I hope it was at least good. You deserve more for me making you wait. sorry again!!!! I have road 12-15 so ive been driving a bunchh!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have so much stuff to update, blah!!!!!!!!Oh all the symptoms and other stuff i took the time to look up, so i know its right!!!!!Well please read, comment, subscribe, and advertise. it mean a bunch to us!!!!!!!!
Love,
your author
C.A.B.
Question- Do you think I'm putting too much action in this? Maybe I should do some boring parts? I think I need more description!( you too? I did terrible this chap with it but its 1:30 in the morning and I haven't slept in 2 days) Do you like Aiden? Do you like my chapters? Should I try a new route?