When in Love, Forced to Part

Allyn

The nurse walked for the fifth time today, I was getting slightly annoyed, and that is not good. “Hey Dearie, you all right?” she asked, her accent was humorous. I shook my head.

“I could use a sleeping pill, I’ve been having trouble with that,” I said, sitting up slightly. I watched as she popped open a bottle and shoved two pills at me.

“Take these they will knock you out until tomorrow morning,” she chuckled and sat a glass of water on the side table. After about ten minutes, my eyelids fell, surrendering me to the darkness.

I felt wind brush against my skin, my eyes fluttered open. I was swinging back and forth. I look up at the setting sun. Hot air, sure it was someone breathing down my neck. I looked at the blurry figure. My eyes grew wide from the inside instead of showing my facial emotion. It was Aiden; he was pushing me on the swing. “Haha, Ally you okay?” His voice was honey to my ears. I nodded. Feeling his hands push gently against my back, carrying the swing higher, and higher. “Aiden, what do you want to be when you grow up?” I asked pushing slightly every time I went into the air. Up and down, up and down. I kept repeating the same routine in my head.

“A musician, not just a musician but one that will get his voice heard.” I began to slow down, dragging my feet on the dirt-covered ground.

“What do you mean some who is “heard”? If you are a musician your music will be heard,” I chuckled, jumping off the swing set.

“I want my music to mean something, more than just simple music. I want people to look up to me, rather then looking for every wrong thing I do,” he said gazing up at the rain bowed covered sky.

“I look up to you, does that count? Even though your not a musician yet,” I said quietly fiddling with my thumbs.

He chuckled. “Yes you do count, you’re my best friend, and you always count.” I smiled.
“Plus who wouldn’t look up to the oldest,” he added.

I scoffed. “We’re both eight, how are you the oldest.”

He rolled his eyes playfully, bumping my shoulder a little. “I’m a month older then you.”

I bumped his back, a little bit to hard, causing him to fall onto the grass.

“Oh so you want to play that game?” He asked, pulling me down with him causing both of us to roll down the little hill that lead to the open field.

I squeaked and laughed all the way down. I held my arms tightly around his waist. Once we stopped, we broke out into laughter.

“That was fun, we have to do it again.” He smiled, laughing. I nodded in agreement, until I noticed I was on top of Aiden. I froze. I guessed Aiden noticed the worried look on my face, because he asked about it.

“You okay?” He asked, chuckling afterward.

I was going to answer but I found myself yanked up and slammed down onto the grass, then punched harshly in the stomach. I bounced up at contacted.

“Dad! What are you doing” I heard Aiden scream. I clutched my stomach, rolling into a ball. I looked back up at the man Aiden called his father. His eyes were set on me.

“Don’t you ever come near my boy again,” he snarled at me, staring holes into me. I cried out a little, wishing the pain that was shooting through my gut would stop. I heard a sharp slap, snapping my eyes back to Aiden, and the devil. The red mark that shined across Aiden’s face showed very clearly. He roughly grabbed his arm and dragged him like a worthless rag doll.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Subscribe.

edited by chrissy