A Killer In Me Is A Killer In You

Peur De La Vengeance

As he stands there, leaning against his counter, waiting impatiently for the microwave to make its little ping sound to indicate that the pizza is finally ready, Gerard glances over to Frank.

He feels so helpless and unhelpful, yet he’s scared and disgusted. Frank had warned him, but never really gave Gerard the chance to retreat from this infinite hole of insanity. He just pulled Gerard in, even though Gerard did listen to him, but that had been more out of worry and friendship than anything else.
Without thinking whether Gerard could handle it or not, Frank took him down with heavy artillery.

He feels guilty, too, because he can’t help Frank at all. He doesn’t know how to. Frank came to him as his best friend, like normal people do when they’re in trouble and they need help. It’s just that, being a serial killer isn’t exactly normal.
Sighing, out of both confusion about the while thing and relief as he finally hears the sound he wanted to hear, he puts the pizza on a plate, grabs a knife and walks back to the couch.

Halfway, he remembers the last few events and the knife in his hands.

Returning to the counter, he quickly divides the vegetable pizza in some slices and throws the knife in the sink.
Frank jumps up at the sound of a sharp object clinking in the sink, staring at Gerard.
“W-what was that?” He stutters.

Gerard screws up his face, as he should have predicted Frank’s reaction. “I’m sorry, I just threw the knife in the sink without thinking. Well, I was thinking, but in the way of ‘Rawr, I don’t feel like doing the dishes later’,” he says, slightly, almost unnoticeably, smiling in an apologetic way.
Frank smiles back to him, and Gerard can see that his best friend is really trying to mean it, really trying to get all the shit out of his head for even just a second. But he fails miserably, and his smile is just one of desperation and endless fear.

“G-Gerard?” He starts, and worry forms immediately in his eyes. Actually, covering his entire being again.

“Yeah?” Gerard answers with a returning question, looking at him as he sits down and sets the plate on the coffee table in front of them.

“I know someone will be out to get me soon. I have a really bad feeling that it won’t be long ‘till someone else, someone out for revenge knows.”