A Killer In Me Is A Killer In You

Soyez Gaspillés, Oubliez Les Problèmes

“And what if I’ll be here to protect you?” Gerard asks, trying to hide his shock on yet another new revealing of one of Frank’s fears.

“You can’t be here all the time,” He simply answers, looking Gerard dead in the eye. Gerard looks away immediately, as his best friend’s eyes finally speak the truth. He always wondered what was behind them, they always seemed fogged and unreadable.
Well, he sure knows why, now. Anyone would have misty eyes when you have to hide something like that.

“What if I will do anything to stay near you? You’re still my best friend, and I’m not ready to lose you just yet. I’m not planning to anytime soon either,” Gerard bounces Frank’s ball back, as he feels like Frank is testing how Gerard feels about him right now. His body relaxes a bit when he hears the answer.

“Thank you,” He whispers in a low voice, a slight smile curving his lips. A silence falls over the two men, and they decide to eat the pizza, fulfilling its destiny.

“I want to get so wasted,” Frank and Gerard say at the same time, then looking at each other as a slight grin spreads across both faces.

“The bar down the street?” Gerard asks, taking the plate and putting it in the sink. Frank gets up as well, and nods.

“Sure. You ready?”

“Yeah, we look good enough to simply booze until we drop dead,” Gerard laughs. The atmosphere lightens up immediately, as the first laugh since what seems like eternity crosses the air.

“We sure do,” Frank retorts, still smiling, and grabs his coat while Gerard is already holding the door open, key in the lock.

As they enter the bar, their eyes quickly scan the space. There’s not many people in here, seven at the most.
Frank’s eyes meet Gerard’s, and they both think the same thing. ‘It seems safe. No accidents tonight, hopefully.’

They sit down on the bar stools, as far away from the other customers as they can, and both order a rum and coke, with extra rum. As both men take a gulp of their drink, they lean on the counter, relaxing as it just seems to be a calm night, only troubles in getting home again. Both lighting a cigarette, they softly discuss the better alcoholic drinks.

Neither of them notice the restroom's door opening.