A Killer In Me Is A Killer In You

L'homme, La Créature, L'animal

Gerard follows Frank into his cubicle, wondering what happened to drive his friend into madness. He can’t help but be worried sick.
He finds Frank sitting on the floor with his knees pulled up to his face, rocking back and forth quickly, as if he wants to shake something off him.

“Frank?” Gerard asks silently, carefully. Hearing his name, his best friend looks up, face deathly pale, eyes bloodshot red, swollen, restless.
As Gerard comes closer, Frank is startled and quickly crawls back, desperate to get away. When his back hits the wall, his eyes grow bigger, he smashes his hands into his face and shakes his head violently.

“Frank? I won’t hurt you?” Frank winces. He sounds like a puppy getting pierced with high heeled shoes.

“Please don’t, please, please, please don’t. I beg you, please don’t,” he rants, scared to death, voice threatening to fail.

“Do what, Frank? Please tell me what’s going on,” Gerard pleads.

“Why would you care anyway!” Frank yells, as insanity strikes him again. For a moment he turns into an infuriated creature, his bloodshot eyes aren’t weak anymore, they are ready to gauge out someone else’s. His face speaks of pure hatred, as animalistic features rise upon.

But soon enough, he changes back into a shaking, sobbing mess of bones, blood, tissue and tears.

“’cause y-you’re my best friend. I love you,” Gerard answers, taken aback. Frank shrieks, slaps his hands over his ears and starts shaking his head even more violently.

“Don’t say you love me, don’t say you love me. Don’t say you love me,” He pants. Another panic attack hits him, and Frank gets caught into hyperventilating. His face is soaked, hair drenched in cold sweat and salty tears as he starts clawing at his face, smearing the tears and the thin line of eye-liner.

“Why not?” Gerard asks, confused as hell by now. He’s getting a headache, his mind dazzles. He doesn’t care about asking his best friend all out anymore. If he had to, he’d force it out of his throat. This is driving his best friend insane, and he’s determined to find out what that ‘this’ is.

“’Cause you’ll end up tortured to death. They all did.”