A Killer In Me Is A Killer In You

La Bête Se Réveille

Silence once again rules the men’s relationship. Both staring into the black endlessness of their coffees, neither of them have to courage to speak.

The Starbucks is crowded with business men not wanting to go home yet, and couples on a Starbucks date. It’s rather noisy in the place, but they’re too caught up in their chaos of thoughts to notice. All of a sudden, there’s a rather attractive, blond girl standing next to their table.

“Whatcha so sad about?” She asks friendly. Both men look up startled, landing in reality with a thud. Frank throws a glance at Gerard, who understands perfectly that Frank is scared again, that he’s afraid things will end in an alley again.

“Nothing, really. We were both just thinking, I guess,” Gerard answers, as Frank somewhat shies away, staring into his cup again. The girl smiles, and looks over to Frank. A spark glints in her eyes, for a split second. She’s interested in the cute, short, silent, shy guy, it's obvious.

“Fuck,” Gerard mumbles under his breath. This will end up with gallons of blood.

“I’m sorry, come again?” The girl looks back to Gerard questioningly.

“Nothing, I eh… I was just thinking about how ... w-we don’t know your name,” He stammers. “I’m Gerard, and that’s Frank.”

“And I’m Emily, nice to meet you both,” She smiles again, a little wider this time, showing her white teeth. She’s got a pretty smile. Too bad it’ll probably disappear soon. “Mind if I join you?” Gerard’s heart drops, as the nice, pretty girl sits next to Frank. He sees his best friend having an heart attack. Slightly panicking, Frank looks up to Emily and smiles softly. The girl somewhat blushes, and takes a sip of her coffee.

Frank’s eyes shoot to Gerard’s. “Help me,” he mouths. “I don’t want to, but I know I will.”
He turns to Emily, “Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom for a sec.” She giggles, and gets up to let Frank pass.

Frank hurries to the bathroom and locks himself in a cubicle. Turning around, he misses the toilet with an inch, staining the floor with the black coffee that worked its way back up his throat. “Fuck,” He weakly mumbles. He leans back to the door, slowly sinking down on the tiles, making sure he doesn’t end up in his own coffee-like vomit.
Biting his lip, he tastes something warm and salty. Suddenly he realizes he started crying.
Digging his face in his hands, he starts to shake violently.

“Please don’t. Please don’t. Please don’t,” He whimpers over and over again. “Go away. I don’t want you here. Please.”
The voice digs itself into his head anyway, not listening to his pleas.
“Go away, I don’t want to. Can’t I just be normal. Just leave.”

Frank keeps on praying, but the monster inside of him is winning the battle.