Consumed By Her

lastly written (prologue)

We were settled, lying in these detergent bubbles. Me and her, her and me. Her long coffee-coloured hair was flowing out behind her. Every wave was like an ocean and every curl was like my heart. She was beautiful, lying in those bubbles.

"Jayne, I know I meant to tell you his earlier, but... I accidentally did something." Her perfect lips were quivering. I put mine against hers and held them, making sure she was feeling safe. Our tongues embraced and the bubbles we were lying in seemed to have escaped into my chest. They were floating around and popping, then floating around again. Shell let go first, breaking my trance.

"No, really, Jayne. I think you need to hear this." She was protesting. Shell knew how much I hated protesting, except for when I was doing it. Kind of hypocritical, but I'm only human.

I rolled over in the glossy spheres of love and asked her what it was. She smiled and kissed me softly and sweetly, sort of like our early kisses. Then she let go again (I wish she never would let go of my lips, hers are so irresistible) and smiled. Again. This time showing teeth. Her gorgeous smile that she didn't often put on was right underneath me. "Honey, I'm..." She took a deep breath and got back on track.

"Honey, Jaybear, I'm pregnant."