Consumed By Her

tea and crumpets

It was a cold and bitter day in Chicago. Every which way I turned I saw beautiful girls covering too much skin, although I knew I was doing the same. The temperature seemed to be lower than a normal October day.

Suddenly I heard a whisper. "Jayne," it said. "Jayne, come here. Look at me, Jayne." I furiously looked around, hoping to slap the girl who said this to me. I would never like to look at a girl who was absolutely begging for me to look at her.

Well, for the most part anyway.

I paced in frustration. This girl seemed to be imaginary. Thoughts came popping in my head, ones about my brother who had schizophrenia and thoughts about if this girl was actually a porn star and was extremely flexible. That might explain the not seeing her part, if you get my drift.

Then water washed over me like a hurricane. The bitter taste of salt clouded my throat and I wanted to scream. All my clothes were leaving until I was naked in this awful place. Beautiful girls danced around me (underwater?) and left me shivering in my bones. Mostly because they were naked too. They all looked like porcelain dolls, except for one. She wasn't as beautiful as the others but she was still extremely pretty. She had long dark hair that curled into waves, enrapturing my soul. I was hypnotised. This girl was a charmer. I wasn't ready for it.