Consumed By Her

razor sharp edges

"I'm pregnant."

First thought that came into my mind: Am I a hermaphrodite? Wow, I didn't know that.

Second thought that entered my mind: She had sex with a MAN?! I thought she was a lesbian.

"Now, Jaybear, I know you didn't really want kids, but I really think that it might be--"

"What. Did. You. Do. Or should I put it less harshly, how did this even happen? I don't understand Shell, I know I don't have a floppy thing. So what's the deal? I thought you weren't into guys!" My frustration was back. I paced around, hoping Naomi would be able to explain this. Somehow I had a feeling that--

My thoughts were interrupted with the shrill sound of Shell's scream. When I paid attention to her with that puzzled look on my face, she gave me a smug look. "Always works," she said. I rolled my eyes. She was being so pathetic during this crisis.

"Listen, Shell, just explain and it will be okay. I accept you for who you are even though I wasn't aware you were into the male parts as well. But Shell, we can get through this, it just takes--"

Her giggle made me stop. "No, no, it's nothing like that." An even wider smile appeared on her face. "It's just... this faerie! She came to the house while you were walking home. It was a few weeks ago. The baby will look like you and I." Her smile was so beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off. It almost made my heart double up in flips. She did this for us, plural. How sacrificial of her. How considering, how wonderful, how beautiful and heartwarming and delicious she is. Shell is a very great woman and I'm so proud that she did this.

Right?

I think so. Or maybe I'm not thinking straight. Possibly because I'm gay?

Shell sat up. "Oh, and there's something else..."