Status: Active; slow updates

Silent Voices Kill

'Cause I Got a Voice or Two That Can't Seem to Forget You

Just as I expected.

Well, I can’t say I don’t blame him. I’d run off, too, if only I could. The lack of a body is a severe hindrance for that sort of thing.

Of course, Xaden took off down the stairs, hoping to find Keegan in the living room, but he wasn’t. His mom came out of the kitchen.

“Xaden, Keegan came downstairs a couple minutes ago and said he had to go. His mom wouldn’t let him stay. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, Mom. I’m just going to go for a walk.”

She nodded at him and he walked out the door. Xaden hurried to the end of the driveway and scanned the street. Keegan had only been gone a few minutes; he couldn’t have gotten very far.

I could see a figure down the street that looked like he was wearing the same clothing as Keegan. I was sure that was him and I hoped Xaden wouldn’t see him.

But, of course, this must be someone’s way of punishing me; Xaden saw Keegan and took off running after him. When Xaden caught up, Keegan looked scared.

“What do you want?” Keegan said. I was surprised he didn’t stutter.

“To apologize. I didn’t mean to scare you. I was going to wait to tell you about Shayde. He’s not someone I like people to know about. I know I need to go see a therapist, but I don’t have enough money for all the sessions I would need to attend to be normal.”

Xaden paused for a moment, “I’ll leave you alone now. If you ever change your mind about wanting to be friends, you know where I’ll be.”

Wow. Xaden actually said something smart. I thought for sure he would beg Keegan to give him to stay around.

“I don’t know, Xaden. Hearing voices isn’t good. I’m not sure I can be friends with someone who does.”

Xaden looked at the ground, “I understand. Bye Keegan.”

Keegan hesitated as Xaden turned around to walk home.

“Xaden, wait.”

Xaden turned his head to look at Keegan.

“Give me time, okay. It’s a lot to get used to. Maybe we can be friends if you get help.”

Xaden just nodded as he turned and started walking in the direction of his house.

When he got inside he walked straight up the stairs to his room.

“Are you going to ridicule me now?”

No. I thought what you said to him was almost intelligent. Other than needing to see a therapist. You don’t need to see one. You are just fine without one. I can help you more than they could anyway.

“No, I’m not. I’m a freak. No one else I know can hear voices in their heads.”

You’re special. You just can’t see it yet. With a little more help from me, you’ll know your potential and you’ll be great.

“This isn’t like you. You never compliment me.”

Don’t get used to it.

Before I could say anything else his mother called up the stairs, “Suppers ready Xaden. Come down and eat.”

Xaden walked downstairs.

Remember what I said earlier. Think of your thighs.

“Shut up,” he mumbled under his breath.

He sat down in his spot at the table. After his mother dished up his food, he sat there playing with it only eating a few bites here and there.

“Is something wrong, Xaden?” asked his mother. “You’re hardly eating anything.”

“No, I’m just thinking.”

Xaden ate a few more bites to please his mother. After eating just one more bite of his chicken he looked up from his plate. “Mother, may I be excused? There are some things I have to get ready for school tomorrow.”

“Sure, honey.”

He stood up from the table and took his plate into the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water before walking up the stairs and into his room.

He sat on his bed with his backpack between his feet. After going through and organizing everything to his specifications, he curled up on his bed and stared out his window.

You’re too glum. It’s more annoying than your usual demeanor.

“It’s all your fault. If you hadn’t been arguing with me about Keegan, he wouldn’t have overheard me talking to you and he would still be here.”

It’s better this way. You didn’t need that sort of influence.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

You don’t need to be around someone that annoying. It will rub off on you and no one likes annoying people.

“Keegan is not annoying.”

Maybe not to you, but to everyone else he is.

“You mean he annoys you. You aren’t the center of the universe.”

I would be if I wasn’t stuck up here in your head.

“Feel free to leave at any time. No one is stopping you.”

Where is this attitude coming from? You’ve never acted like this before.

“You’ve never made me this mad before.”

I’ve made you mad plenty of times.

“Shayde, just shut up and leave me alone for the rest of the night.”

Whatever you say. I need time away from you anyway.

Xaden turned over and turned on his alarm. He closed his eyes and within moments, was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully more updates for this will be coming soon. Try not to get your hopes up too high though. I don't want to disappoint you if they don't come very fast.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Comment/subscribe :]