I'll Be Yours

Naive

“You okay?” Sarah muttered passing Lizzy a can of coke. “It’s full fat, times like this diets go out the window,” She smiled hugging her friend tightly.

The group of girls were sat on the beach, as soon as Taylor had caught Lizzy walking out she’d forced the petite brunette to own up to what had happened. Taylor was not one to just take no as an answer.

“It’s nothing,” Lizzy said simply moving away from Taylor. “I’m just tried,”

“You’ve been here an hour, it’s not even midnight yet,” Taylor muttered keeping up pace with Lizzy and even stepping in front of the shorter girl. “What’s happened?”

“Nothing, it’s nothing,”

“It’s not, what has he done?”

“Who?”

“Don’t be like that,” Taylor sighed. “I know you like him, hell we all know there’s something between you and Brian,” Lizzy bit her lip, she had really believed it was not that obvious. Taylor could know, she was bluffing, she had just picked a name. Of it course that was easy to do, narrow down the guys in the group, it couldn’t be Jimmy, Matty or Zacky, both in relationships, then there was Jason who was head over heels in love with Sarah, and Johnny who’d fallen for Lynnz. That left Matt, and Brian, and everyone knew Taylor and Matt had a thing, so the obvious pick with Brian.

Of course, Lizzy thought, Taylor knew nothing.

“Taylor what the fuck are you- oh” Niki paused when she saw Taylor wasn’t alone. “Dude we were gonna play beer pong, Liz you leaving?”

“Yeah I just don’t-“

“It’s something to do with Brian,” Lizzy shock her head and smiled at Niki.

“Honestly I’m just tired,”

“You saw him with that girl,” Taylor spoke up. “They are laid out on the sun lounger, giving everyone a show,” Niki rolled her eyes and shot a sympathetic smile Lizzy’s way.

“He’s not worth it sug,” She started, but Lizzy tended not to listen to this, Lizzy had heard it all before. “He fucks girls around, he finds one, and then another and another, until he has a girl for every night of the week,”

“I don’t think he’s like that,” Lizzy spoke up regretting her outburst already.

“Why?” Taylor laughed cynically.

“Because he, we well,” Lizzy bit her lip, she really didn’t want to go into this.

“Oh sug please tell me you didn’t,” Niki sighed putting her arm over Lizzy’s shoulder. “Beach time, I’ll get the Brits, we’ll meet you there,”


“He’s such a wanker,” Rhian huffed, glaring down at the sand she was running her fingers through. “What the fuck was he thinking leading you on like that? You’re one of our best friends, did he think we’d let him get away with being such-“

“Okay time out,” Sarah sighed.

“He was just thinking with his-“

“Girls?!” Zacky interrupted Sarah mid word.

“Oh no, I can’t cope with this now,” Lizzy whispered knowing the whole group of guys would be down here now.

“What the hell were you lot thinking just walking off?” Matt bellowed, always been the protective member of the group.

“We were thinking that we should look after our friend, and keep her out of that pricks way,” Taylor snarled, but the guys were too far away to hear. Rhian gazed up with a smile, before looking to see who had bothered to come and find them, her eyes focused on the guy standing next to her boyfriend.

“Niki,” Rhian hissed poking the nearest girl to her.

“What britch?”

“Brian’s here,”

“What?” Niki screeched making everyone turn to the pair. “That fucking dick-“

“You lot okay?” Matt asked reaching the girls first, and sitting down next to Taylor. “Oh Liz what’s-“ He paused noticing the tears falling down her cheeks, guys and crying girls never mix.

“It’s nothing really, just feeling a bit rough,” Lizzy explained as the guys crowded round her. Her gaze wondered up, fixing on one particular guy, he’d come to see if she was okay. She almost smiled realising he had come and left that other girl to find her. “I’m honestly okay,”

“Good,” Matt replied awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

“But we should still get you home,” Rhian muttered patting Lizzy’s knee. “Don’t you think?” Lizzy nodded looking towards Brian to walk her home, she really thought he would.

“Yeah we’re walk with you,” Niki spoke up looking at Zack who just nodded. “We’re going that way,”

“No you guys,” Lizzy spoke up. “I mean you could just walk straight down the beach and get there quicker,” Niki looked at Lizzy with an almost annoyed glance.

“It’s okay,”

“Yeah Lizzy let them walk you home,” Rhian spoke up, standing up to greet Jimmy. “Brian you walking with us?” She asked, even Taylor rolled her eyes.

“Subtle as a steam roller,” She muttered under her breath.

“Someone had to say something,” Was the snide remark sent back.

“Umm sure? You staying at Jim’s then?” He smirked bumping his hip with Rhian and staring to walk towads the couple. Lizzy watched him, he flirted and joked with every girl, and yet she was sat here on the floor in tears; why hadn’t he said anything?

She could not understand why he hadn’t just hugged her or picked up and told her it was all okay. She couldn’t understand why he did not just kiss her now and make it all better.

She was so willing to be his, but whose was he?

“Right you let’s get going,” Matt had muttered offering her hand up. Lizzy was almost numb as everyone said goodbye, Brian didn’t seem to even register he should say goodbye to her. It was only a few days ago he’d been laying in bed telling her how beautiful she was and now he could not say goodbye; maybe he knew she was upset because of him?

That made sense, maybe he felt guilty. Lizzy sighed feeling Jimmy’s long arms wrap around her body and hug her tightly.

She had to make Brian realise he had no need to feel guilty. Lizzy could just tell him she liked him and had always wanted to be with him, if she did that it would make it all better. She smiled, maybe that was the answer.

Though as Brian walked away talking animatedly to Rhian, tears started to fall down her pale cheeks.

What was she to do?

Lizzy sighed running her finger tips through her fine hair, tousling the strands out of her blood shot eyes. She cried herself to sleep last night, thinking that it was all her fault, believing that if she had just spoke up sooner, or told Brian how she felt it would all be ok.

They would be fine, she just had to speak to him today, and everything would be fine. They had slept together, Brian had said how much he cared, and surely that meant something. Lizzy knew it meant something to her, he always had meant something to her, and of course she must mean something to him.

Men do not just sleep with anyone; they must deep down have some feelings, connections, or love for that girl. What would be the point otherwise?

She bit down on her lip when someone’s hand fell on her shoulder.

“You okay ducky?”

“Mhm,” Lizzy replied biting down harder to distract her from the agonizing pain that was breaking through her body. This must have been what heart break felt like.

“Aww come here,” Sarah muttered pulling the girl into her. “I know what he did; we all know what he’s like,”

No they didn’t. She knew what he was like; no one else had any idea of the true Brian.

Lizzy knew deep down in her heart that he wanted her, and would never heart her.

He would be hers, and she would be his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its not my best, I rushed to get this one done.
Two more chapters left.
x