Big City Dreams.

CH 10.

"That is literally, the worst idea I've ever heard,"I snorted, shaking my head. "Do you really think giving us a 'make your own smores' station is the best idea?"

"Well, why not?" Mr. Minton asked, giving me a look.

"Because you need to melt the marshmallow. And to do such, you need fire," I sighed.

"And that means Em is going to use to burn down Mr. H's room!" Zette added, giggling a little. I shook my head, looking over at her.

"You weren't even there! You shouldn't get to mention it!" I told her, looking back over at him, "Right, Mr. Minton?" He made a face, looking down at his notebook and then up at me.

"Ed," he sighed. "Outside of school, you can call me Ed." I nodded, biting my lip.

"Ed," I repeated. "Okay."

***

"Come on!" I whined, "I wanna know!" Zette shook her head at me, leaning back in her seat in Music Theory the next day.

"No!" she chuckled.

"Why would you tell me that two teachers almost got into a fist fight and then not tell me who they are?" I asked, "Now that's just mean."

"Because, maybe, unlike you, she knows when to keep her mouth shut?" I raised my eyebrows, turning around slowly to face Mr. Davies.

"That was just rude, you know," I sighed. "What have I done to you?"

"Besides be annoying, insubordinate and just a general pain in the arse towards me?" he asked, "Nothing."

"That was kind of harsh," a voice said from behind him. He turned around, giving me a brief view of Mr. H, the taller, blonde, gym teacher one.

"Well," Alex sighed.

"Well, maybe you should apologize," I said, nodding.

"Or we could just forget about it?" Zette interjected. "Because it's not really a big deal." Mr. H nodded, pointing at Zette.

"I agree," he told her, before turning towards Alex, "But Ali and Ed want to see you. Now," he mumbled. "I think I can watch your class for a minute or two." Alex nodded, looking around.

"Yeah..just...keep doing work," he told the class, heading out the door. I looked up at Mr. H, waving.

"Hey," he sighed, looking around. "So...this is what the indoors is like." I snorted a little.

"Yeah, pretty much," I sighed.

"How's the party planning going?" he asked us. I shrugged.

"Pretty good," Zette sighed.

"Good, good," he said, looking around.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" a voice shouted outside, sounding like Alex's. Mr. H, Zette and I all shared a look before bolting for the door to see what was going on.