Big City Dreams.

Chapter 18.

I stared at the cup of coffee my mother had made me. Ed had dropped me off before my mom had woken up, which avoided the 'who was that?' question. After last night, I couldn't even look him in the eye. It was just too embarrassing.

About ten minutes after my mom woke up, there was a knock on the door. Hungover me made a pained noise and took another sip of my coffee as my mom went to answer the door. Two seconds later, I knew something was wrong.

"Zette, honey," my mom's voice floated back to the kitchen, "Dear, why are you crying?" I finished off my coffee and went to the door. At least I wasn't the only one who had a shitty night last night. I rushed to her, seeing my mom directing her inside. I sighed, grabbing her arm.

"It'll be fine, Zette," I muttered, giving my mom a look and headed for my room. Once we were both inside, I slammed the door and both of us groaned. I locked it behind us and sat down on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked quietly. She sat down next to me, shaking her head.

"Ed...Ed caught Alex and I...in..in bed," she said between sobs. I gasped, covering my mouth and my eyes going wide.

"What?" I hissed in surprise. "No!" She nodded.

"Well, did you...you know?" I whispered. She wiped her eyes before she looked at me.

"Yeah," she whispered back. I gasped again shaking my head.

"No!" I squeaked. She nodded at me.

"Yes. And then Ed came in this morning and started yelled and I got the hell out of there," she muttered. "What happened to you last night, though?" she added quickly, obviously desperate to change the subject.

"Well..." I trailed off, running my hand through my hair. She squeaked, pointing at my neck.

"Nice hickey!" she giggled, "Who's it from?" I bit my lip, walking over to my mirror to see a small hickey on my neck.

"So?" she asked again. "Who?" I turned to face her, sighing.

"Yeah...uh....promise this stays between us?" I asked stupidly, stalling for a moment. She nodded.

"Duh," she said, rubbing her eyes again as she began to stop crying. "WHO?!"

"Uhm, well..." I sighed, "Ed."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh, this one is short.