Big City Dreams.

Chapter 20.

I groaned, rolling over in bed to see my phone blinking and ringing. I had been sick for a week or so but it had been because I didn't have much sleep since the Ed thing. I was literally making myself sick over it. My mother, bless her heart, just thought it was over grades and gave me a mental health week. And I was spending it sleeping.

I reached over to the phone, picking it up and yawning. "Hello?" I muttered, not bothering to check who it was on the other line.

"Em! Em! Oh my god..." Zette babbled. I sat up, rubbing my face.

"Zette, Zette!" I said quickly, suddenly very much awake. "What happened? Talk to me!"

"Well, Alex and Ed were talking in the courtyard and I was in the tree," she started and I smirked because she took my advice, "And I heard..."
____

"Just calm down, okay?" I said, rubbing her arm. "Just take this and we'll worry about it from there, okay?" I asked. I handed her a bag, biting my lip. Maybe it was kind of early for a pregnancy test but I didn't know what else to do.

"Are you sure?" she asked me, giving me a terrified look.

"It might be kind of early, but I got the one that said it could detect it the earliest so," I muttered. "So, just go," I told her. "I'll be right here." I motioned at the spot I was standing in. She nodded and headed into the bathroom.

"I swear," I muttered to myself, "If he did, I'll fucking kill him." I shook my head, putting my back against the wall and slid to sit down. I bit my lip, waiting. And waiting. It was like I was going to wait forever.

After ten minutes, I started to get worried. I stood up, brushing off my pants and inching close to the door. I bit my lip hard, knocking a couple times.

"Zette?" I asked timidly, "What's going on?" I went on, "Talk to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler chapter is filler.