‹ Prequel: Elven Spirit

Elven Sword

Elven Sword II

Celebrian spent much of her time after the battle tending to the wounded and the broken-hearted who lost friends or family in the battle.

The young halfling, Pippin, spent much of his time next to Celebrian, helping her heal many, but also keeping an eye out for his cousin, Merry.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Pippin asked her when they went to a back room to get some more supplies.

She smiled knowing he meant Merry. "He will be just fine. He only needs rest and care from us. Do not worry, my dear hobbit."

Pippin smiled at her, reassured by Celebrian's words. "How does the Lady Eowyn fare?" he asked, going serious again.

"Aragorn has taken care of her wounds. She is quite alright though I sense she is heart-broken."

"Why is that, my Lady?"

Celebrian knelt down to the hobbit's level, "Have you ever been in love, Peregrin?"

"Well, not really."

"Our friend was in love with a man who loved another. She thought there was hope in loving him, but one night when he left on an errand, he told her that what she sought was simply a shadow, a wisp of air. Her heart shattered after that."

The hobbit looked down in thought and then stared at Celebrian in thoughtfulness.

"Do you think she'll find another?"

"Love is easy to find, when you don't look for it," the Elf smirked, walking back out to continue her task.

The poor hobbit stared after her in confusion and then called after her to wait for him; scampering back out to help her once again.

It was late at night by the time Celebrian successfully healed all of the injured soldiers and civilians. Pippin helped her until he went to corner of the room and fell asleep. She only had smiled at his sleeping figure and continued about her work.

When she had cleaned up her supplies left over, she silently walked over to the young hobbit and reached down to pick him up, but familiar hands stopped hers.

"Let me help you."

"You spoil me, Legolas," she smiled, allowing him to pick up the small halfling.

He did not reply to her, but he returned a small smile and proceeded to carry Pippin to where he slept.

"He is a thoughtful hobbit," Celebrian announced. "It's such a pity that Gandalf only sees the foolish side of the halfling."

Legolas placed Pippin on a tiny bed in a small room within the building where they King resided many years ago.

"He is a foolish hobbit," Legolas pointed out. "Many just fail to see his heart."

Lovingly, Celebrian tucked the hobbit in and lightly kissed his forehead. "Thank you for helping, Pippin."

Legolas watched the female Elf in wonder before saying, "Come."

She did and Legolas led her outside onto a balcony where they could see Mordor in the distance.

"We ride for Mordor as soon as the warriors are healed enough," Legolas announced.

"That is no good news..." Celebrian frowned, leaning against the balcony in a sad manner.

Legolas stepped closer to her and placed an arm around her waist protectively. "I do not want you to be a part of the battle to come."

"You cannot do that to me. I will not sit here and wait to see if you are alive or dead when someone, if any, returns. I do not doubt the hobbits will fight as well."

"They fight for Frodo."

"And I fight for this world," Celebrian protested.

The Elf sighed and took his arm away from her, "I will not stop you from going, but I would prefer you stay here."

"I will think about it," she sighed, turning around to face the other Elf.

"Tell me when you find your answer."

She nodded and then gazed up at her love. Legolas gazed back at her and moved some of her hair behind her ear.

"Thank you for caring for those wounded. Their families will be grateful."

"I care for people and will do what I can to help. It was nice having company with me though as I worked."

"You have grown fond of the hobbit," Legolas smiled.

"I have. He is odd, but genuine. I had a fondness for him the first time I met him in my home. He had a light in his eyes that I have not seen in many years."

"I am glad you have made such an honorable friend."

She smiled and then looked at the sky, calculating.

"I believe it is time for me to rest. I will have more tending to do of the wounded tomorrow."

Legolas remained silent so Celebrian bowed and began to leave, but Legolas touched her arm to stop her.

He leaned toward her and gently placed a kiss on her lips. "Sleep well, my love."

In a daze, Celebrian departed to her room and soon fell asleep in wonder and thought.

The next few days passed with Celebrian constantly helping the wounded, but thankfully many had wounds that were not too serious and they were able to leave. That gave Celebrian less people to worry about so she could pay more attention to those who truly needed her care and lots of it.

Thankfully, the other hobbit, Merry, was healed enough to where he helped out her and Pippin with the wounded. Merry acted a lot like his cousin, but he wasn't as much as a jokester as Pippin. He had a hard look upon his almost child-like features, from Celebrian's point of view, and he talked like he was as old as Gandalf sometimes.

The following day, Aragorn chose to march to Mordor with as many able bodies as he could. That day, Celebrian chose to stay behind for the sake of everyone. She did not wish to worry them.

"Be safe and good luck," she told her hobbit friends. "Fight valiantly for Frodo. Do not give up hope."

"Thank you, my Lady," Merry said with a proud smile on his face.

Pippin, instead of thanking her like Merry, he hugged her tightly. Merry gave him a look of disapproval, but Celebrian willingly took the hug and hugged him back.

"I will come back, I promise," Pippin said to her.

"I do not doubt that, Master Hobbit," she smiled before kissing the top of his head. "Now go join the King of Gondor and fight for Middle Earth."

The hobbits nodded and scampered off, Celebrian smiling at them.

"They seem to like you a lot," Legolas deducted, coming up next to her.

Her smile never left her face, "They are good hobbits and I am very attached to the two of them. I wish I could go back to their home with them after all of this is done and if we win. I wish to see what the Shire is like."

"There will be a day when you can visit."

Celebrian grabbed one of Legolas' hands, "I wish you luck as well. I will be here when you return."

Both of them remained silent, but the look in their eyes said what they were thinking: if any will return.

Swiftly, Legolas kissed her forehead, "Busy yourself and we will be back as soon as we can. Be strong for us."

"I will."

Legolas placed his free hand on the side of her face for a moment until he said he needed to get ready and then left.

Celebrian was now to be alone until the end.

The Elf roamed the halls of the King's house, looking for interesting rooms or even paintings, but she was not succeeding. She turned a corner to go down another hall when she bumped into a man who reminded her a lot of the man she met when the Fellowship were in Lorien.

"Forgive me for I was not looking where I was going," the man apologized.

"It is not your fault. I am an Elf, I should be able to avoid such accidents, but my mind is elsewhere."

The man smiled, "I understand. I am Faramir, Son of Denethor."

"I am Celebrian of Lorien. I met your brother once, but I do not think he was fond of me. I am terribly sorry for what had happened to him as well... and for the death of your father."

Faramir's face grew solemn, "I appreciate your condolences."

Suddenly, Eowyn walked by, but did not stop as she went. Celebrian did notice the glance shared between to two and the gaze that Faramir held on her as she walked away.

"She is a strong woman, good for a Man of Gondor," she smiled. "But treat her with care. Her heart was broken not too many days ago."

Faramir stared at the Elf in amazement and shock as to what she noticed, but he did not fight against her.

"Care to join me for a walk?" Faramir finally asked after he got over his bewilderment.

"That would be perfect for my troubled mind right now."

They walked out into the courtyard and began walking around the White Tree.

"What is it that has you so troubled?"

"This war... and the idea of losing many people I care about."

"I have never heard of such troubled thoughts from an Elf, mind you, I have never met an Elf until recently," Faramir smiled.

Celebrian laughed melodically, "You have made a good assumption for a man who has not met an Elf before. We are not to be so troubled over such matters, but I am not always the typical Elf. I am my own being."

Faramir looked over at the mountains that surrounded Mordor, "You would not be here if you were not."

"That is true," Celebrian smiled.

A friendly silence surrounded them and they continued to walk around the courtyard.

"Our friends, they are in battle are they not?"

Celebrian nodded, her face grim.

"How do you think it will all end?"

"I do not think of such things. No one can control what will happen because no one knows. There is no need to think past it no matter the outcome."

Faramir stared at the Elf and realization swept across his features.

"The other Elf, Legolas, you are in love with him."

"You are in love with Eowyn," she replied.

He ignored her, "You do not want to think about the war because he is in it and you do not know if he will return."

"Yes, but I do not give up hope. They are all fighting for Frodo and the well-being of our world."

Faramir nodded and looked down as he walked. Celebrian sighed and dismissed herself, going to her temporary room and surprisingly fell asleep.

A great commotion outside her room caused her to awaken a few hours later and swiftly she got up and left her room.

People were bustling down the hall, going into different rooms and then coming out of them and moving to other rooms.

Celebrian stopped one of the people and asked what was going on.

"The warriors have returned and many are terribly injured."

"Where are the others? The King and the hobbits?"

"They should be in the King's throne room, though two of the poor hobbits are in serious conditions."

They left and Celebrian instantly dashed to the throne room where she indeed found Aragorn and the others, many with bruises and scratches on their faces.

"Celebrian!" the two hobbits, Merry and Pippin, exclaimed, rushing over to the Elf and hugging her legs.

"Hello brave hobbits," she smiled, kneeling to their level. "I heard of your halfling friends and I am terribly sorry to hear they are in a bad condition. I will take care of them the best I can after I welcome the others."

"Thank you, my Lady," Merry smiled brightly.

Pippin also grinned at the Elf and then he leaned a little closer to her to announce their victory in battle as quietly as he could.

"Peregrin Took!" Gandalf suddenly yelled, causing the hobbit to jump away from Celebrian. "You are not telling her anything of this day are you?"

He hesitated, "Uh, no Gandalf."

The wizard gave him a look that told the hobbit he wasn't buying it.

Celebrian smiled and then went up to the wizard, "I am glad that you arrived safely back to Minas Tirith. It is comforting."

He nodded, "It is, but now we must worry about the young hobbits who took the biggest burden of all..."

That's when Aragorn came to her side and spoke to her in Elvish, "Do not worry. Frodo and Sam will be fine."

"I know," she replied in her native tongue.

"Do I not get a warm welcome as well?" a familiar voice asked in Evlish.

Celebrian smiled and turned to her friend, "I am sorry, Legolas, but my gratitude must go to the King first as well as the Eldest. The young hobbits greeted me first."

Legolas laughed and then he hugged Celebrian and twirled her around. The campions laughed, even Gimli who had surprisingly been silent.

At last, things were right again.

Within a few days, Frodo awoke as well as Sam and the following day, Aragorn was officially made King of Gondor before the hobbits had to be on their way the next morning.

"I will miss you," Pippin cried, hugging Celebrian tightly.

"And I you, but do not fret. One day I will travel to your land and see all of you."

"That would be wonderful!" Merry grinned, hugging her next.

She also received hugs from Sam and Frodo and soon the four hobbits made their way from Minas Tirith, Gandalf leading them to the Shire.

"It is time to go," Legolas said from behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Celebrian watched the hobbits a little longer and then she looked around Minas Tirith once more before gazing at the Elf.

"Then let us be off."
♠ ♠ ♠
There's no more, but to clarify what happens after all of this, Legolas and Celebrian finally get married and when they do, they head to the Shire to visit the hobbits (they came to the wedding of course). Then a few years later, Celebrian traveled with Galadriel and the other Elves when they left for the Grey Havens. Celebrian didn't go, but she came to say goodbye to her grandparents and Frodo. She also wanted to see the other hobbits, but she spent most of the trip to the Shire after that comforting them. Then she went back to Legolas where they lived a long life. There's not much after that so, yeah. I hope you liked and hopefully I'll get some more stuff up soon. :) Later!