Status: Kind of Active.

Please Just Let Me Go

Chapter 26

Jacob's Point Of View

A werewolf, a depressed teenager girl, and a FBI agent...sounds like the start to a bad joke.
I watched as Bella awkwardly bent over and slid the aluminum tray of pasta into the oven. I glanced over at Alex who sat beside me. She smiled and held her hands making her look younger. Like "You can't be a FBI agent young."
Bella sat herself at the table with us and looked down at the table. "I give it 30 minutes." she said looking up at Alex. She nodded and started to tap her fingernails rhythmically on the table. Her eyes seemed to zone out on the wall behind me.
I could hear the hum of the oven along with Charlie's deep snoring. I leaned back in my chair and cleared my throat. Both Alex and Bella's eyes glanced over at me.
"So you're and FBI agent. What bring you to Forks?" I wrapped my arms around my chest and studied her. She smiled at me and bit her lip.
'The animal killings. You've heard about them right?" The focus in her eyes made her look older it was now I could see that Cop like trait. The same protective trait Charlie had.
I noticed from the corner of my eye Bella had flushed. "Y-yeah C-charlie lost someone to that." Bella sputtered out. I nodded and reached over to squeeze Bella's shoulder. It shocked me how frail her shoulder felt. My finger tips made a home in the hollows of her shoulder. Alex smile disappeared.
"I'm so sorry. Let me change the subject. Um..How long have you two been dating? she asked leaning her elbows on the table.
"What?" Bella and I said simultaneously a grin making it's way on her face. I removed my hand from her shoulder. Any other time this would have hurt my ego big time if Bella was laughing when someone asked if we were dating but, this time I was happy to see Bella happy.
Bella held her stomach as silent laughter made its way out of her mouth, tears leaked out of her eyes. Alex looked over me concern written all over her face.
I rolled my eyes. "Was it really that funny?" "We aren't dating. She's more like my best friend."I said chuckling as Bella attempted and failed to sit up in her chair and speak again.

I rolled my eyes when Alex giggled. "Honestly I'm offended." I said pouting.
"Don't be. You're pretty cute." She said winking at me. My heart raced a bit. Caught off guard, I cracked an uneasy grin. 'Why thank you." I quickly turned my attenion to Bella who was finally pulling herself back together. She wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes. "Wow. I never knew I was such a comedian." Alex grinned and cracked her knuckles and adjusted her oversized Ghost Whisperer tee. Bella sniffled.
"I'm sorry. It's just I've known Jake since the diaper days. We used to make mud pies together. He's over his crush on me anyways." she nudged me with her elbow. I sighed. My mind wandering to Teddy. Her pretty lips..and how'd they'd feel on mine.
"Crush? Aww you crushed on her? That is so cute." Alex gushed. I groaned and put my head in my hands.
4 hours later*
For about 1 hour I was teased and pushed to the brink of suicide as Alex and to my own surprise Bella embarrassed the Hell out of me. I lay wide awake on a two small couch thinking. Rain ricocheted of the house loudly making it almost impossible to sleep. Not to mention Teddy was on my mind and I was dying to see her. I adjusted my body on the couch. When I heard movement upstairs my first instinct was to pretend to sleep. I opened my eyes a tiny bit and saw a quick beam of
light before I heard unfamiliar footsteps begin to descend the stairs. I closed my eyes again she tip toed by me. Her footstep moved infront of me for a moment before she took another step. I opened my eyes yet again and saw
her figure looking at the small bookcase that stood at the wall of the living room.
"What the hell is she doing?" I asked myself. Thunder and lightning sounded from outside. I was fingers pick out a book at the same time I stood and was behind her.

"What are you doing? She quickly spun around fear written all over her face. Her arm swung back and I was hit right in the nose with the flashlight. I screamed out and grabbed my nose. Pain seared from my nose across my face.
"Oh hell! This girl is strong." I doubled over and retreated backward away from her.
"Fuck! Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry are you okay?" I heard her voice say her hands pressed on my shoulder. I tensed and shook her off. I could feel blood trickling into my hands. I opened my eyes when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.
The lights turned on as I sat on the couch and tipped my head back and pinched the bridge of my nose.
"What's going on?" Charlie's voice boomed. I looked over at him and his eyes looked over the room. I bet he was thinking he would find someone naked.
'Oh nothing, just bleeding out from my nose." I said resisting the urge to roll my eyes.
"What happened?" Bella's voice said above me. She pressed a wad of hand paper on my hand and I pressed it to my throbbing nose. I glanced over at Alex who was mentally freaking out. Her shoulder raised higher then normal and her face bright red.
"I see Alex walking around the house with a flashlight, so I get up and ask her what the hell she's doing and she whacks me in the nose with a fuckin' flashlight." I hoped I gave enough sarcasm. My shoulders trembled.
"I'm sorry. You scared me!" Alex surprised me with the power of her voice. She looked angry. "How the hell is she going to get angry? Is she the one who's bleeding?"
"What the hell are you doing up at this hour anyways?"
"I was bored and I noticed a bookshelf earlier so I wanted to grab a book. Why don't you calm your ass down!"
'Hey hey!" Charlie said "That's enough."
"Jake are you alright?"Charlie asked me he looked concerned. I just nodded.
"Why don't you go up to bed Alex." Charlie directed at Alex. "Sorry." she mumbled before climbing the stairs.
An awkward silence settled in the room. I sighed.
"Dad I'll help Jake clean up. You can go up to bed."
"Alright Bells. Night Jake." I watched Charlie disappear up the stairs. When I heard Charlie's door close I stood from the couch.
"That's enough fun for one night." I wiped at my nose. I gave my nose a tug to see if it was broken. It wasn't. "I'm going to go."
"You sure? It's still raining."
"Yeah I'm sure. I'll be back for my clothes." I said giving her a wink. I stuffed the soiled paper towel in my pocket. I began to walk backwards out of the room and toward the door.
'Don't let the crazy bitch get you."
"Jake..." Bella said in a warning tone as she followed me.
"What? It's 3 in the morning? Who in the world wants to read?" I embraced her.
"Bye Jacob." she said smiling at me as she opened the door for me.
"Cya Bells." I said smiling as she closed the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been awhile! Here you go!
Comment I love those...