Captive

First and Last

“Hey, Mello.” You called. You were in a huge rush. “I got to leave.” You were putting on your fur coat and pulling your hair into a long ponytail.

“Any reason? Or is being a criminal to hard for you?” He smiled and bit into his chocolate.

“Ha-ha, actually my sister is in labor.” You said shifting your weight onto your left foot.

“You have connections to the outside world?” He asked. He slid off the couch with grace and a dominant foot forward.

“Err-well, actually…” You forgot you weren’t suppose to have connections outside the apartment you and Mello shared.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. You know your not allowed to speak to anyone.” Mello said walking closer to you.

“I’m sorry, Mello…” You hung your head, and looked at his boots. He was right in front of you.

“Your punishment, hmmm, your punishment shall be…you can’t leave my sight for one week.” Your head automatically snapped up.

“What?!” You screamed.

“Be quiet, or it’s two weeks.” Mello said smoothly.

“B-But…what about when you sleep…?” You asked.

“You’ll just have to sleep in my bed. Even then, you aren’t getting out of my sight.”

“Bathroom…?” You asked.

“That’s the only time your getting out of my sight.” Mello said, he starting walking back toward the couch. Just then the door opened. Another Mafia member, you believed. Mello immediately went to the door and told them to leave.

“Ugh, stupid people.” Mello muttered.

“Mello, I’m sleepy.” You said softly.

“It’s only 8 o’clock.”

“So…? I’m still tired.” You grumbled.

“Well , try and stay awake. We’re watching a movie.” He said walking toward the TV.

“Hmmm, movie? Which one?” You asked, suddenly curious.

“Halloween.” He said without hesitation.

“Great. A horror movie.” You mumbled. You hated horror movies. But, Mello, made you watch them anyway.

“Yup.” He had the movie playing. You could hardly keep your eyes open. At one part during the movie, you fell asleep.

“Wake up.” Mello muttered. “You’re missing the best part.” It wasn’t any use. You wouldn’t wake up. After the movie ended, Mello picked you up and carried you to his room and set you on his bed. He went to take a shower.

After he got out of the shower, Mello looked on the bed. You weren’t there. Instead, you were on the floor hugging a pillow. Mello didn’t want to wake you up because he saw that you were happy because of the big smile you had on your face.

“Good night.” He said, even though you couldn’t hear him.

You had a dream about Mello. He finally realized you loved him and he loved you back. It was just like the Cinderella story every girl wants. You just happened upon your Prince Charming in a different way.

“Pssssst. Psssssssssssst.” You were trying to wake up Mello, but he wouldn’t get up. It was 10 o’clock in the morning.

He mumbled. “Mmmmmmm.”

“FIRE!!” You screamed in his ear.

He rolled out of bed and glared at you. “What. Do. You. Want.” He said staring at you smiling on the bed with obviously no fire.

“Well, I want to eat breakfast. And I’m not allowed to leave your sight.” You smiled and danced around the bed, starting to make it.

“Whoa…wait what are you doing…” Mello grumbled.

“Well you can’t live like this forever can you?” You said very perky.

“I can. Now go eat breakfast or something…” Mello breathed. I began to leave the room, Mello followed me.

He noticed the spotless apartment. “Oh…no…you cleaned…” Mello stuttered.

You nodded. “Uh-huh. You like it? How about a drink?” You held out a cup of coffee and Mello took it slowly. “Now, one of the mafia members will be here shortly, I do suspect. They always appear here about eleven o’clock, no?”

Mello still awed by what you have done, barely nodded. Just as you predicted, someone knocked on the door three times then kicked it twice. The knock only the mafia members know. I beat Mello to the door. “Hi, I take it you’re here for Mello?” You said smiling a huge smile. The mafia member looked you up and down.

“Mello! You in here!? Your apartment seems to have been taken over by a chick!” He chuckled to himself. You glared at the back of his head.

All of a sudden, you kicked him in the back of the head. “What did call me?” You bent his hand behind his back. He squirmed in pain.

“Let go of me, you worthless girl.” The mafia member growled.

“Take. It. Back.” You continued to twist his arm. To the mafia member’s gratitude, Mello walked in and pulled you off him. “Let me kill him!” You screamed.

“Please, take it back.” Mello pleaded. Mello was wearing a smirk.

“Why do I have to? She is a girl, I mean look at her. She is a hot girl.” The mafia member spoke grabbing your butt.

“That’s it.” You screamed. Mello turned you loose. You started hitting and punching the mafia member. You grabbed his hair and pulled back, jumping on his back. “Take it back, now. You scumbag.”

“Fine, fine. I take it back.” The mafia member grumbled. But you didn’t stop hitting him.

Mello grabbed you held and you away from the mafia member. He held you close to his chest. You laid down your head on his chest.

“Calm down, please just calm down…” Mello whispered. “Please just go…” Mello said to the mafia member. The mafia member smirked and slammed the door.

“I want to kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. I want nothing more than to kill him…” You mumbled into Mello’s chest.

“Why do take such offense in being called a girl…?” Mello asked after a minutes of you calming down.

It took you a few minutes to answer, “Because if I start to act like a girl, then my weaknesses will that as a girl.” You kind of muttered into Mello’s chest.
“And that, is why I love you.” Mello said.

You looked up at him and smiled, “For real? You love me?”

“Forever and always…” Then you two kissed. And you lived happily ever after, and the next time that mafia member came back, you were able to kill him. But you didn’t because you were finally okay with being a girl…