Status: Just begining.

December Underground

03.

The light startled me, even after I got out. I was blinded even more after I got out of the shed that was over the hole. The sun was so bright, it's amazing something can live that long. I walk toward the house. It's different, shape and everything. I ponder at it a moment, thinking. 'Where was I sappose to go now?' I hear a ball bouncing on cement. I walk to the side of the house and notice a boy about my age throwing a ball at a hoop. He's alone. I walk over.

"Hey." He has his back turned to me, and he jumps. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm December." I hold out my hand to shake. He looks at me, expressionless. "Your sappose to shake it?"

"December." He says it like its the most beautiful thing he's ever heard. I roll my eyes.

"Yes, thats my name. Yours is?" I didn't look at his eyes until now. Small ice pools of blue-green surround deep dark pupils. I stuck there for a moment before I heard him say his name.

"Riddick. Riddick Delero." He shook my hand carefully. His skin was soft. "Wanna play?" I could hear foot steps behind us. Three other boys. I turned.

"Ridd... who's this?" The red head says in a nasty tone.

"December Roman. I just moved here." Good lie it seemed.

"Okay.." He turns to Riddick. "Lets go man, she probably has, unpacking, to do." Right off the bat I didn't like him. The boys turn to go, and I look at Riddick.

"It's fine, go." I smiled. "I'll be here when you get back."

"Thanks. and don't mind Jess, hes stupid. The taller on is Issiah, and the fat one," He laughs, "Thats Kenny. I'll be back soon, I promise." He kisses my cheek and runs to his friends.

"What a freak!" Jess laughs. "Did you see her clothes?" I hear all of them laugh but Riddick. He turns around with a sad look, apologetic. I nod, and watch him go as a tear slides down my face.