Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Ten.

Friday, April 17th, 2009

It had been a week since Skylar’s run-in with the three girls at the mall, and she and Amelia were acting… different towards each other. Well, really, it was Amelia, being more hostile than usual, and keeping things from her. In turn, this set off a chain reaction with Sky, and they began to stray away from each other, only talking when it came to chores around the house, or grocery shopping.

It was Friday, and her parents were holding a family get together, it was being held at some stuck-up, snobby, rich place, as put in Sky’s words, and Skylar and Amelia were expected to go. Even though the girls weren’t talking, Amelia still took it in her hands to pick out their [url= http://www.polyvore.com/skylar_amelia/set?id=20084389]outfits[/url], something that Skylar still couldn’t care less about doing. So, instead, she went for last-minute food shopping, knowing they would probably spend the night at her parents. She picked up the essentials, and when standing in line, saw the monthly-magazines, something catching her eye. It was her, of course. She and Alex had made front cover. Not the main article, but still, this was bad. She picked the magazine up, skimming the pages till she found the short paragraph on her and Alex.

Alex Gaskarth: Dating?!
Everyone knows that punk-pop band, All Time Low’s frontman Alex Gaskarth doesn’t do relationships… until now, that is. Alex, 22, was recently spotted with a young girl by the name of Skylar DeMoir, 19. “The pair seemed close. They were almost always touching, yet looked like they were holding back. It was almost like they didn’t want anyone to know about them.” An eyewitness reports. “They laughed, and hung out with the rest of the band. She seems to have gotten really close to them too, and they all accept her, a relief to Alex.” Does this mean that the rockstar has changed his ways? “Alex hasn’t been with anybody since he met her. He’s staying loyal, he thinks she could be the one. This isn’t like Alex at all!” An insider exclaims. Is there a future for these young lovers, or will all go down in flames?


Skylar sighed and put down the lies. She would get hell if Amelia saw this. She counted four magazines total that featured her and Alex, Amelia or Zack not even being mentioned other than, ‘all time low’ or ‘friends’.

She watched as the young woman checked her items, placing them in the bags. Skylar took her belongings, and walked out to the car quickly, for she had seen some younger girls reading the magazines, and were now staring intently at her. She placed the items in the bag before starting up Amelia’s car, and driving home.

Today was going to be a very long day.

|~|~|~|

Finally, at five, Amelia and Skylar were ready to go and meet her parents.

The car ride was mostly silent on the way to the gas station, when Amelia briskly walked into the convenient store, without a word Skylar’s way, until she got back into the car.

She handed Sky a coke and skittles, and spoke, “I know the tabloids aren’t true. I just read through one.”

“And what did you find?” Skylar asked softly.

“I was with Alex the entire time, and they’re saying you guys couldn’t keep your hands off one another. They have the same few pictures in every magazine, so that’s all they have to work with, the five or so times you or Alex were actually within ten feet of each other the entire week. And you wouldn’t do that. Plus, you just seem to hate him too much.” Amelia smiled lightly, looking over at her friend. Sky smiled back; pleased her friend was no longer annoyed with her.

|~|~|~|

Arriving at the restaurant, Skylar got butterflies. Impressing her parents was always something she had wished she could do, but her dream was never responded to. She and Amy walked up to the elaborate, highly decorated doors, and Skylar was instantly reminded of the hotel. As the waiter brought them to the table with everyone else, the girls shared similar thoughts: how would this go? Would they make a big fuss like they did last time? Would they even pay attention to them? Questions unanswered, but so worth knowing.

Finally, the pair arrived at the large, circular table; they were the last ones to arrive. Evan and Vera DeMoir stood up to greet their daughter and friend, hugging them both. “Hey mom, hi dad.” Skylar grumbled.

“Hey,” her father responded, not looking away from his phone.

“Oh, girls, how have you been? You guys look great!” She sat down, pulling Sky down beside her.

“It’s only been two weeks.”

“Still. We’ve already ordered; take a look at the menu real quick.” Vera responded, calling the waiter over. He made a ‘hold on’ sign with his hand, and Vera sighed, sitting back down. The girls scanned over the familiar menu quickly, knowing they wouldn’t have much time, and chose. They ordered when the waiter came over, and then the table fell into a silence.

Mindless chit chatter finally erupted from the table while waiting for the food, Skylar and Amelia being forced into two different conversations. This is how the DeMoir family dinners always went, before food, everyone was to fend for themselves, then. When everyone was being fed, eating, they would all share a conversation, usually focused on one person from the table, and usually fairly embarrassing. This is why the girls dreaded when the five waiters came back, with all their food.

Once everyone was situated and had food in their mouths, Skylar’s aunt, Carolyn spoke. “So, Skylar, I was browsing through the magazine section this weekend, and I was fairly surprised to see you in a few of them.” No one was too surprised at this, Skylar had been in some magazines before, for her photography. And, considering who her parents were, it wasn’t unlikely for any of them to be seen publicly like that. Her father, the director, and her mother, the model. How perfect. But, then Carolyn continued, “So, you’re dating a band man, now? Never thought you’d stoop that low.” Some gasped. Sky saw Amy’s fist tighten, it wasn’t wrong to date a band guy.

“Really? You never mention you were… dating somebody.” Her father finally spoke. His outlook was different than the rest. He didn’t care about the band guy part, it was just that his little girl was dating somebody.

“I’m not. Alex isn’t my boyfriend, he’s Amelia’s. You know how the paparazzi are these days.” She tried to make a joke, it didn’t work. “All that happened, is some low-life paparazzo saw a perfect opportunity. He made it look like Alex and I are going out, and then he’ll sell pictures of Amelia and Alex, making him look bad.” She tried to convince them. Some chattered.

“Well, it just looked like you were getting pretty cozy with this man. I wouldn’t blame you, he is good looking.” Carolyn spoke up again.

“We’re not going out. That’s final.” Skylar spoke in a manner that told everyone listening that the conversation is over. Everyone shut up and began eating again. Conversation started up again later, but it wasn’t on Skylar or Amelia, so neither cared, and both zoned out, thinking. Before they knew it, the bill was paid, and everyone was saying their goodbyes.

Skylar and Amelia accepted the hugs, before following Vera and Evan out. “So, are you girls going to spend the night? Taylor really wants to see you, Skylar, it’s been a while. She misses you.” Taylor was Skylar’s younger fifteen year-old sister, and the girls were best friends. She couldn’t say no.

She looked at Amy, “I’m going to stay, but you don’t have to, if you don’t want to.”

“No, I think I will, I miss Taylor, too.”

“Okay, then, let’s get going.”

|~|~|~|

Thirty minutes later and Skylar, Amelia, Evan, and Vera were all in their sleep wear, sitting in the living room, looking and Taylor. She apparently had some news for them. She cleared her throat, “So, you guys know how I stayed with Kim for that weekend about three months ago?”

Evan and Vera shook their heads, confused, and Skylar gasped, knowing what was happening. Everyone looked at her. She just stared at Taylor to continue, which she did. “Well, I’ve been sick a lot lately, and, I went to the doctor… I’m pregnant.”

She looked up to her parents, both of them frozen, until Evan stood up to hard the couch shifted back, and stalked out of the room, slamming their bedroom door loudly. Vera started crying, before she followed her husband. Amelia and Sky looked at Taylor with sympathy, “They’ll get over it, just wait a few days.” Skylar said, before the three girls head upstairs, waiting for sleep to overcome them and wash their worries away.

Don’t sweat it, forget it, everything is a-ok…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, sorry for the delay.
I wrote a new story, and I think it's gonna be good: Different.
Ten comments?! You guys are amazing:

Dan.Flints.Buttocks
iwishiwas (x2 haha)
Say Hey!
Hale The Storm
guilty pleasures
Francishizzle
Daughter Of Poseidon
Josh Loves Cookies
FromOceanToSky
Stephen Gomez;

I'm not going to do a limit, but it's good to know I can get this many ;)
I realized that I never put a picture up for Amelia. I just found the perfect girl: Dianna Agron.