Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Eleven.

Sunday, April 19th, 2009

Skylar sat on her laptop, she had just gotten off Facebook, and was know going to update her Twitter, something she had been neglecting. Her follower numbers had increased since the magazines and the boys started mentioning her in their tweets. She browsed over the newest tweets, Jack’s catching her eye.

“Missing my home girl, @InTheSky. Gonna go egg some houses. Who first?

Skylar laughed before replying,

“@JackAllTimeLow you should do @AlexAllTimeLow’s first for sure. Say it’s from me ;)”

She pressed the ‘tweet’ button, feeling somewhat accomplished with herself, before going to update her real status.

“Just to clear things up, I am not going out with @AlexAllTimeLow. We’re just friends. Rumors suck.”

She saw that Alex instantly retweeted it, before she logged off both Twitter and her computer. She walked to the kitchen in search of a quick snack. The phone rang. Sky picked it up before looking at the caller ID, and was instantly met with sobbing. It was her sister. “Sky-Skylar! Will you come pick me up? Da-dad and mom kicked me out!” Skylar had been expecting this. They weren’t one to support teen pregnancies, especially at the tender age of fifteen. She had explained it to Skylar earlier. She had gone to Kim’s house, and actually gone to a party, got drunk and slept with some random guy that didn’t even go to her school. She was a mess.
“Yeah, I can. Do you have your stuff packed? I’m sure you can stay with me us for a few days.” Skylar said as she walked to Amy’s room.

“Yeah, I’m doing so right now. But only the essentials. And, thank you, so much. I don’t know where else to go.”

“It’s fine, honestly, I’ll be happy to have you here. I miss you.”

“I miss you too. Hurry here, though. Mom and dad gave me an hour.”

“Okay, keep packing. As much as you can. We have room.”

“Thanks again, love you.”

“Love you,” Skylar said, hanging up. Amy was sleeping. Sky walked over to her side, shaking her shoulder. Amelia looked up at her groggily. “Taylor just got kicked out; I need to go pick her up. Is it okay if she stays her for a few days?” This seemed to have woken Amelia up.

“They kicked her out? That’s horrible! Of course she can stay here!”

“Thanks, do you need me to pick anything up on the way back?”

“Um, milk is all.”

“Okay, be back soon.”

“Bye.”

Skylar grabbed Amelia’s keys and her bag, walking out the door.

She was gonna have a talk with her parents.

|~|~|~|

Skylar slowly pulled up to her parent’s house, getting out quickly and slamming the door. She walked up the steps and walked in, not bothering to knock. She headed for her parent’s room, knowing they’d be hiding there until their daughter was gone for the world to swallow. She barged in and slammed the door, to see her mom watching TV and her dad on his laptop.

“You kicked her out?!”

Vera looked at her, very calm, “If she made the wrong decision, that’s not our fault. She’s pregnant at fifteen; she’s no daughter of mine.” Skylar saw her dad flinch at the last few words, and that’s when it hit her. This wasn’t her parent’s doing, this was Vera DeMoir’s doing. Her father had never had much of a backbone when it came to his wife, so he usually let her have her way, while he drowned himself with work. But this, this was absolutely killing him. No one but his eldest daughter could see that.

“So you’re disowning her?! Leaving her to support her and the baby herself?!”

“No, I’m sure you’ll help.”

“Ugh! Do you not see what you’re doing?!” She yelled at Vera, she turned to Evan, “And dad, you can’t let her do this! She’s being a coldhearted bitch!” Vera stood up.

“Me being a bitch?! Your sister is a whore. A dirty slut. She disgusts me. And currently, so do you! Get the hell out of my house!” She pointed towards the door, and Skylar stomped out, slamming the bedroom door behind her. She walked upstairs to her sister’s room, who was picking up the bags.

“Oh! Let me help you!” Skylar rushed over and took the three bags in her sister’s hands herself, leaving her sister to drag along the small suitcase. They walked downstairs, and got to the living room, about to exit the large house, when her parent’s bedroom door slammed shut and out cam their father, holding a full travelers bag and his briefcase. He was mumbling unintelligible words as her walked over to his youngest daughter and too the suitcase she had, followed by one of the three bags Skylar was holding. With two full hands, he stomped out the front door, slamming it shut.

The sisters looked at each other, before following their father out. They watched at he reached Amy’s car’s trunk, and stood by it, yelling to Sky, “Well? Open it up!” He was irritated, as it seemed, so she was quick do as he asked. He opened it and put in all of Taylor’s stuff, when Sky came down and loaded the rest. “Do you think I can get a ride to a local hotel? I just need to get away for a while, and I want to leave the car…” Of course, he wanted to leave the car for Vera. He was just too nice.

“Sure daddy, but, you can stay with us. The couch pulls out to a bed. And mine’s a queen, Taylor and I will both fit. I know you don’t like hotels.”

“Are you sure? I really don’t want to intrude.”

“Of course you’re not. We’re lonely anyways.” She insisted, and got into the driver’s seat. Evan got in besides her, putting his bag on the floor near his feet. “Do you mind if I stop by the store real quick? I need to buy milk for Amelia.”

“Sure, no rush.”

Skylar drudgingly got out of the car and walked towards the store, heading straight for the isle with milk. She grabbed one and ran back to the cash register; seeing as it looked like it was about to rain any second and she had parked pretty far away. She put the milk on the register, and the saw something on the rack that made her smile. She grabbed it and placed it next to the milk.

As she was walking out the door, she collided with someone, ending up on the floor. Why does this always happen to me? She thought sullenly as she looked over at the familiar face that was picking up things off the floor. “Nicole!” Sky launched herself at the girl, and when Nicole looked up to see Skylar, the girls were locked in a tight embrace, having not seen each other in nearly a year.

Back in their sophomore year, Nicole met Amelia and Skylar, and the three became inseparable. When they finally graduated, Nicole had to rush off to California, for family matters, and had lost contact with her two friends.

“What are you doing here? It’s been forever!” Skylar exclaimed once they had gotten off the ground.

“I had actually stayed down there longer than intended. I moved back about two weeks ago. We have to hang out soon!”

“Yeah, actually, Amelia’s been feeling a little under the weather, maybe it’ll cheer her up to see you. If you’re not busy, you can follow me back to my house and we can hang?”

“Sure, I’d love to. I’ve been pretty bored, actually. But, um, I’d hate to ask of this, but my car is being driven down by Carson,” Carson being her brother, “In about a week, so I’m without car for right now…”

“Say no more! We have one more seat in the car we’re just waiting to fill. Come on!” Sky grabbed Nicole’s hand, dragging her to the car. “Dad, look who it is.”

“Nicole!” Both Evan and Taylor exclaimed at once. As Skylar drove back, the three chatted aimlessly, and it was strange for Sky to hear her father be so into the conversation, but Evan had always been one to get along with the girls’ friends.

When they finally pulled into the driveway, everyone helped with the bags and trudged inside. “Hey, Amy?” Skylar called to her bedroom from the kitchen.

“Yeah?”

“Dad’s staying here tonight, as well.”

“Okay.”

“Oh, and I have a surprise for you.”

“If it’s another magazine featuring you and Alex, I swear, I will strangle you.” She called back.

“No, it’s better.” She grabbed Nicole’s hand, dragging her into the room. “Surprise!”

Amelia stared for a few seconds before smiling like a kid on Christmas morning, jumping up out of bed and nearly tackling Nicole. They jumped around for a few minutes, explaining where Nicole had been and things. The girls brought Taylor in and all four sat on the bed, talking and laughing.

“So,” Nicole turned to Skylar. “You and Gaskarth, huh? I’ve read the magazines. When did that happen? How do you know them? Are they nice? You’re so lucky!”

“Actually, it never happened. Alex is Amelia’s boyfriend. And we just met them and Amelia planned a… get together.”

“Really? Well, the pictures looked believable you two look pretty cozy…”

“That’s what I said!” Exclaimed Amy. “Anyways, he liked her first, he gave her his number. That’s how this whole thing happened.”

“Speaking of which, I lied about the magazine. Wait here.” Sky got up and went to the kitchen, grabbing it, before heading back. “Here, I was right. I haven’t read it yet, though.”

All four girls huddled around to look on the magazine. Sure enough, on the front cover in the box in the corner, was a picture of Alex and Amelia kissing in front of the hotel. Amelia opened to the page, and all four of the girls read the article quickly.

Alex Gaskarth: Back To Old Ways.
For a while, we all believed that maybe All Time Low frontman, Alex Gaskarth, 22, might be changing his ways. He had finally settled on a girlfriend, Skylar DeMoir, 19, and all was looking good for the rockstar. Until now. New pictures being released, Alex cheating on Skylar with a girl by the name of Amelia Clarkson, 19. Only last week were the new photos of Skylar and Alex released, and now this. “Everyone thought Alex had changed for the better. We weren’t expecting this to happen at all.” A friend reports. Amelia and Alex were seen in various locations, being very… touchy feely, similar to how he was with Skylar. “Skylar hasn’t broken up with him yet, she loves him too much. It’ll just take some time.” But the question is: how much?


“Wow,” Skylar breathed. On the other side of the page were four pictures of the real couple, “See, they have way more photos of the two of you, but they want to make it seem like he’s cheating on you with me, not the other way around, because they want to drag it out, for more money.”

“This is stupid. I don’t wanna deal with this drama anymore. Let’s go get all the junk food we have and watch re-runs of Tom and Jerry!” Amelia exclaimed, and the others smiled.

Amelia had always known how to cheer the mood.

All part of the same, sick little games, and I need to get away, get away…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, sorry this suck. Middle of the night write, this was.
Oh, by the way, Nicole is alexsaur.
Check out her amazing Merrick story.
I'm in that, as she's in this.
So go check it out!
Also, I received my favorite comment I have ever gotten.

From, MeBeManda?:
Ha ha. You have successfully made me hate Alex and then start to fall back in love with him. Thanks. Lol.


I laughed when reading that, don't know why, but, anyways, thanks!

Comments unlock= The boys coming back.