Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Thirteen.

Tuesday, April 21st, 2009

"Once a year we celebrate,
With stupid hats and plastic plates.
The fact that you were able to make,
Another trip around the sun."


Jack and Alex entered Zack’s room first, holding the birthday cake to the now away twenty-one year old. The rest of the group came in to sing the next part of Arrogant Worms’ ‘Happy Happy Birthday Song’. It was the only part they knew solidly, the rest was covered by Jack and Alex, who had fully learned it last night. The rest only sang the few parts they knew.

"And the whole clan gathers round
And gifts and laughter do abound
And we let out a joyful sound
And sing that stupid song
Happy birthday!
Now you're one year older!
Happy birthday

"Your life still isn't over!
Happy birthday!
You did not accomplish much
But you didn't die this year
I guess that's good enough

"So let's drink to your fading health
And hope you don't remind yourself
The chance of finding fame and wealth
Decrease with every year.

"Does it feel like you're doing laps
And eating food and taking naps
And hoping that someday perhaps
Your life will hold some cheer.

"Happy birthday!
What have you done that matters?
Happy birthday!
You're starting to get fatter
Happy birthday!
It's downhill from now on
Try not to remind yourself
Your best years are all gone.

"If cryogenics were all free
Then you could live like Walt Disney
And live for all eternity
Inside a block of ice.

"But instead your time is set
This is the only life you get
And though it hasn't ended yet
Sometimes you wish it might

"Happy birthday!
You wish you had more money
Happy birthday!
Your life's so sad its funny
Happy birthday!
How much more can you take?
But your friends are hungry
So just cut the stupid cake
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday, dear..."


They all clapped and cheered as Jack picked up the lighted to light the cake. Rian pushed through the crowd quickly and grabbed it from Jack before he set anything on fire. He had some… past issues with it, as Skylar was informed.

Zack hid his face in his hands as they chanted ‘make a wish, make a wish!’. When he finally did come out, he winked quickly at Sky before sucking in and blowing all twenty-one of the candles out. They clapped again, and all began to sit on the bed. Zack patted the spot next to him, looking at Skylar. She sat and he put his arm around her, pulling her closer to his bare chest as everyone ate and talked.

“So,” Taylor spoke. “What’s on the agenda today?”

“Not sure, besides the bar later tonight. I heard it just opened and- ” Rian was cut off as Amelia jumped out of Alex’s lap, running into the bathroom. You could hear her throwing up.

Skylar was quick to follow, Alex right behind her. As they entered the bathroom, Amy was spitting up the remains. Alex held her hair as she threw up again while Sky ran back into the room. “Zack, do you have any un-used toothbrushes?”

“Yeah, here,” He shuffled through his bag for a moment before pulling out a package of five and a new tube of toothpaste. She smiled.

“Thanks,” Amy was rinsing when Skylar returned, and handed her the tooth care. She mumbled a ‘thanks’ before brushing her teeth. Alex and Skylar looked to each other. “How are you feeling?”

“She has a slight temperature,” Alex mumbled.

Sky felt; he was right. “Any other symptoms?”

“Stomach ache and headache, that’s all.”

Sky looked at Alex, “Can we get her to your bed? She needs rest.” He nodded, and escorted her. Sky got her a glass of water to keep her hydrated, and then went to the handbook, hoping to find something they could get at the machine downstairs that would help. Alex joined her.

“Is this the same hotel room as before?” Skylar asked, pointing to a mark on the wall Jack had made with his foot the last time the boys had come.

Alex smiled, “Yeah. Last time we were here, it was Rian’s family who had booked this for us. We got attached.” He chuckled. “So, you and Merrick, huh?” He leaned against the counter, next to her, a smirk graced his lips.

“Yeah, official as of last night. Why?” She was still searching through the handbook.

“I dunno. Just wondering. You like him?”

She didn’t look up from the book. “Uh, obviously. I wouldn’t be dating him if I didn’t.” It was then she felt her hair being moved over her left shoulder lightly, and half of a body pressing against her back. She ignored him, hoping the annoying pest would go away.

“Well, he could just be a cover up.” He whispered huskily, putting his hands on her hips. She still ignored him, not giving him the satisfaction of her response. That was until he felt his very soft lips brushing her neck. She elbowed him in the stomach, causing a loud ‘oof’ to erupt from him, as she walked out of the kitchen, book in hand. She went back to Zack and Rian’s room, peeking her head in.

“I’ll be right back, I’m gonna go downstairs, get Amelia some medicine.”

“Want me to come?” Zack offered.

“Sure,” They walked out of the hotel room, hand in hand. “Do you know where this ‘machine’ is, because I’m directionally challenged in at least seven different ways.”

He chuckled, pulling her into the elevator. “Yeah, Jack’s gotten sick a few times, I always pick the shortest straw.” He did a cute little pout that made Skylar laugh, and want to kiss it off. Right as that thought came, the elevator doors opened, and Zack pulled Sky along to the machine, where they quickly got something for Amelia, before going back up.

Before she could go back into the hotel room, however, Zack grabbed her arm lightly, she looked at him. “I do believe we got interrupted last night.” He pulled her a little closer.

“We did,” Sky responded quietly, leaning forward, slowly, until finally, their lips touched. It was very slow at first, testing the waters, before Skylar couldn’t help it, and deepened the kiss, her arms around his neck, his wound around her waist.

Then, the door flew open.

“Oops! Did I do it again?” Alex laughed as they pulled apart. Zack smirked.

“No, this time, I actually got the kiss.” He walked into the hotel, past Alex, into the kitchen. Alex held the door open for Skylar whispering as she walked past, “That was kinda hot, just think about what you’d be like in b-”

“Alex!” Skylar hissed, cutting him off. “You’re a pig.” She turned, to go help her friend.

Alex was being difficult.

|~|~|~|

It was now noon, and Amelia was only getting worse. Alex was staying as far away as possible without being suspicious, however, Skylar was not. “Skylar never gets sick,” Amelia began. “She always moves out of the way, she’s not scared of some little flu.” With that, she beckoned Alex over, bringing him back to his personal hell.

Haha, Skylar thought bitterly. What goes around, comes around, jackass.

When Skylar exited the room to join the others on the couch, sitting next to Zack, he pulled her close and whispered in her ear, “We should reschedule, Amelia isn’t feeling well.”

She pulled back and looked at him, “No way! It’s your twenty-first. You can’t just skip out.”

“Yeah, but I don’t want her to stay alone.”

“I’ll stay with her, you guys deserve the night out.”

“If you stay, then I’m staying, you have to go, too.”

Skylar sighed, “I’ll talk to Alex,” She pushed off of Zack’s chest, as she was leaning into him, and walked back to Alex and Jack’s room, where Amy was talking her boyfriend’s ear off. “Alex?” He looked up. “Can I talk to you,” She motioned towards the bathroom. He nodded and got up from next to Amelia, walking into the bathroom.

“What’s wrong?”

“So…. There might be a little change in plans. Obviously, Amelia can’t isn’t in shape to go to a rowdy new club, and Zack refuses to go unless someone stays with her…” She trailed off. He groaned, he knew where this was going.

“Me? Why me? Why not you?”

“Well, two reasons. One, you’re her boyfriend, I’m sure that would be her choice, too. Two, Zack refuses to go unless I go as well.”

“God,” Groaning again, he leaned against the counter. “Do I have to?”

“Talk to Zack, if you please.” Alex did just that walking out of the room to the main, looking at Zack, and repeating what he had just said to Sky.

“Well, what do you suggest, Al? I’m not saying you have to do it, I just wouldn’t be comfortable leaving her here alone.”

“She’s sick with the stomach virus, not cancer!”

“Oh, so you want all of us to go out and celebrate while she’s here alone?”

“Well,” Alex scratched his neck nervously. “Kinda, I mean, it’s your twenty-first!” Alex exaggerated.

“I’m not leaving her here, final.”

“Then don’t, she can come, or let Sky stay.”

Skylar muttered, “Already suggested that,”

“Yes, bring your sick girlfriend who can’t stop throwing up with a horrible headache to an even louder place, where she’ll be shoved around? I don’t think so. And Skylar’s coming with me.” Zack spoke.

“Fine, I’ll stay. But you both owe me in the long run,” Alex waved his hands in the air dramatically, before sitting down next to Skylar on the couch.

They just sealed a deal with the devil.

You drank the poison and I let you in…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
alexsaur. -Yes, Jack was quite adorable, wasn't he?
rivals are insane -I was kinda worried it was too much.
jadeeee -You were right on Alex's part, as you can tell ;)
my toxic valentine. -I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! I agree!
Hale The Storm -Wasn't meant to be, but it could.
Say Hey! (x2) -This chapter answered.

Again, please sign this if you're interested in seeing Pete Wentz on Dancing with the Stars.

Story Of The Post:
A Drama Provider by Santino;.
It's basically a Kyle Burns/Jonathan Cook/Caleb Turman/Alex Gaskarth fanfic, they're all fighting over the same girl, kinda. It's already finished, and the sequel is already started, but it's still amazing, and I wouldn't be surprised if all of you had already read it. Go check it out!

I know I said this would be his birthday, but I changed it so half would be in next chapter, I wanted to get it out, I'm impatient.

Comments=Bar and some bad news.

Thanks to all of you who comment and subscribe!
Ash.

(Oh, and I don't own the birthday song, wish I did.
Here: