Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

One.

Friday, April 3rd, 2009

Skylar sighed as her best friend, Amelia, dug desperately through her clothes for something to wear to the concert tonight, the one that Amelia was dragging Skylar to.

“Aha!” Amelia exclaimed, pulling out a dress. “This will do for me….” She turned to face her best friend, “But for you…” And she was off digging again. She threw things in various piles, sprinting around the room, putting things of different genres in the same pile. When she was done she studied three clumps closely. Then she pulled one out and smoothed it out on her bed. Amelia pulled Skylar out of her chair at her desk and over to the bed. “Here is your outfit! Now, go get dressed!” She put the pile into her friend’s hands and pushed her into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. Skylar looked at the mirror before slowly changing into the dreaded outfit. Amelia was dragging her to an All Time Low concert, a band that both of them had been fans of for years. Of course, in different ways. Skylar liked them for their music, and that only. She didn’t know who played what, yet alone the names, and she had never seen what they looked like, which in Amelia’s eyes was a sin. These boys were gorgeous, as Amelia put it.

But, Skylar had no mind to. The only reason she was even going was because she loved their music. She loved most music. Jazz, country, rock, alternative, punk, some pop, she had always been considered a musical person. She could play piano, acoustic, violin, drums, bass, and the flute. It was like a second nature to her.

As Skylar ran her fingers through her hair she thought about how she had always secretly wanted to be up on that stage performing in one way or another. But she wouldn’t let anyone else know that. She couldn’t.

Her thoughts were interrupted my Amelia’s impatient voice, “Sky, get your pretty little ass out here, now! We’re gonna be late!”

“Don’t get you panties in a bunch, I’m coming.” She yelled back as she glanced over herself before finally exiting the bathroom. As soon as she closed her door her friend practically pounced on her, pulling her out of the room.

This was gonna be a long night.

|~|~|~|

When they got there, the place was already a mess. Girls were screaming, pushing each other to get closer. This was not where Skylar belonged. They made their way to the very back, not wanting to be in the pit of raging fans. All Time Low was already playing and Skylar recognized her favorite song immediately.

Don’t make this easy, I want you to mean it, Jasey.

She began to sing along quietly, trying to block out Amelia’s complaints that they couldn’t see the band from where they were standing. After the song ended, the frontman announced that they had four more songs left which left Amelia whining yet again.

It was beginning to annoy Skylar to a point. She looked at her friend, “I’m gonna go get something to drink before we leave, you want anything?” Amelia shook her head quickly, and kept trying to see the band. Sky rolled her eyes before slouching over to the concession stand, where luckily she could still hear the band. “Uh, I’ll take a coke, and some Twizzlers.”

The cute, blond boy from behind the counter smiled, “That’ll be 5.47.”

She hesitantly smiled back, before handing him a ten. “Thanks. Um, that can be a tip. It must be hard before and after shows.”

He rolled his eyes, “It’s horrible, all the fans, they come here for me just to attack my stand.”

“Well still, it’s loud.”

“Right. Anyways, I’m Will.”

Skylar looked down, “Well then thanks Will.” She said, before taking her things and walking away. When people started introducing, it meant they wanted more. They didn’t want to be just another person checking their groceries out, or helping them find the right couch for their living room, it meant they wanted to be friends. Something that Skylar couldn’t handle right now.

At this point, she was half way back to their seats and she wasn’t happy. She didn’t want to go back to the whining Amelia, so she decided to go check out the merch stand before the crowd came. She turned the other direction. The girl at the stand looked at her oddly, “You know, if you come back in about twenty minutes the guys will be here for a signing.”

“I know, that’s why I’m here now. Trying to beat the rush.”

“But, the boys come later…” Merch girl said, as if she didn’t get it.

“I have no desire for the bands’ signatures. Um, can I get whatever CD you guys are selling?”

“So Wrong It's Right?”

“Yeah, that one,”

There was a pause as the screaming from the crowd got louder, as they began screaming, “One more song! One more song!”

“Oh no, the boys are done.” As Sky saw the girls start heading- no, running, -towards the stand, she quickly paid and got out of the way. She knew that Amelia would head for the merch as well, so she headed for the bathrooms, planning to hide out there until it cleared out. Better than being trampled, she thought.

|~|~|~|

I wanna love you but I better not touch, I wanna hold you but my senses tell me to stop. Skylar’s phone sang, signaling she had a text.

11:07 New Message From: Amelia
Where r u? I got a sig from band, I’m done.


She was quick to text back; she knew if she didn’t, Amelia would freak out.

Bathroom.

Five minutes later, a squealing Amelia came rushing in, “I hugged Alex! And Rian! I’m in Heaven!” She said, before sliding against the wall down to the ground, next to her friend.

“And those people are?”

Amelia gaped at her. “Sky, Alex and Rian, from All Time Low. You know, the band we saw tonight?”

“Sorry, I’m not as obsessed.”

“Yeah, well, I’ll meet you at the car; I gotta go to the toilet. Can you bring my stuff out?” At Skylar’s nod, she got up off the floor, and practically skipped to the stall in all her happiness.

Skylar sighed, and gathered her stuff, before exiting the restroom. The place was deserted; Amelia had been one of the last in line to get stuff signed. Sky looked down at the shirt that Amelia had gotten and ran into someone, falling to the ground.

“Oof!” She said as everything fell out of her hands. She looked up to see a tired, coffee haired boy holding a hand out to her. He pulled her up, and helped her gather her things, giving them to her.

“Sorry,” the boy said, “I wasn’t watching where I was going. I’m a little too tired, because, you know.” He smirked, she didn’t get it.

“No, I don’t know. But its fine,” She said, starting to leave. He grabbed her arm and pulled her back, lightly.

“You don’t recognize me?” She was holding a handful of All Time Low merchandise, he expected her to be screaming by now.

“Um, no? Who are you? Why should I recognize you?” If she had been confused before, she was beyond puzzled now.

“Look on the cover booklet of that CD, and tell me what you see.” Skylar sighed and took out the booklet, and looked at it. And there, in all his glory, was the same guy standing in front of her, surrounded by three others. She looked back up at him.

“Oh, your-”

“Alex Gaskarth!” Skylar turned to come face to face with her best friend, whose face was twisted in surprise.

“Hi, I met you earlier, I’m Amelia, Skylar’s friend.” She said, and, feeling it was right, put her hand out to shake.

He shook her hand, “Yeah, I definitely remember you.” He replied, sending a little wink her way. She giggled.

Skylar rolled her eyes, he was the typical rockstar. She turned to face her friend, “Amy, we need to go, it’s late.”

“Oh, oh yeah, of course. Um, let me go grab my purse from the bathroom, I seem to have left it.” She said, before strutting off in a rather inappropriate behavior.

Alex’s eyes followed her, before returning to the brunette in front of him, “So, your names Skylar?”

“Uh, obviously.”

“Hey, just making sure. So, you got any plans tonight?” He smirked, he liked her, and she wasn’t needy-looking.

“No, but I don’t plan on making any with you.” She retorted. Alex was, to say in the least, shocked. Most girls were on their knees for him. But of course those were girls that knew who he was. Luckily, Amelia came out just then.

“Okay, Skylar, I’m ready.” She turned to Alex, “It was nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too. Hey, can I see your copy of ‘So Wrong It's Right’?” He said, but his question was directed towards Skylar. Not caring, she handed it to him. He opened it to the same spot he signed everyone else’s, signing quickly. “To Skylar,” He whispered quietly. After he was done, he closed it and handed it back to Sky.

“Thanks.” She muttered.

“Welcome. Couldn’t leave a fan unsigned.” He gave her a designated look.

“Well that’s nice, we’ll just be leaving.” She said, grabbing Amelia’s arm, tugging her in the direction of the door.

“Bye, Alex! Hope to see you soon!” She waved before letting herself be pulled out by her friend.

I guess I’ll go home now…
♠ ♠ ♠
1,600 words. I do feel proud.
I'm still freaking out.
Comments help?