Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Twenty-One.

Monday, April 27th, 2009

Zack stared at her for a moment, “…What do you mean, something?” He crossed his arms.

“I… don’t know. I was drunk, well, you know that. A-and when I woke up this morning, he was there…” She spoke the last three words a few octaves lower.

“You slept with him?” His jaw was clenched, along with his hands. But he didn’t look angry at her, he was glaring towards the kitchen’s general area.

“Well, n-no, at least I don’t think so.”

“What do you mean?”

“I woke up and I had on all clothing with the exception of my top, same for him. So, I’m not sure if we actually did anything…”

“Talk to him.” Quick and blunt.

“W-what?”

“We need to talk to him, see if he remembers anything. If he took advantage of you in any form, I swear we’ll have to find a new lead singer.”

She rolled her eyes, “I’ll talk to him.”

“But…”

“But alone,” She said.

“Whatever,” He grumbled, becoming annoyed with his girlfriend.

Having Skylar and Alex alone together was the last thing Zack needed. He had known from the beginning that Alex had wanted her, but he had never thought he would end up going this low. Alex wasn’t a stupid drunk, and he wasn’t a lightweight, either. Zack highly doubted his friend was that drunk. He would find out later, as he knew there was no reasoning with her now.

Skylar sighed before walking out of the living room and back into the kitchen. Rian was sitting at the table with his head in his hands while Alex was flipping through a book of some sort. “Alex, can I talk to you for a sec?”

Rian and Alex shared a look.

“Uh, sure, yeah,” He placed the book on the counter as Zack walked into the kitchen, bumping Alex’s shoulder as he passed. Rian rolled his eyes.

Alex followed Skylar as she walked back to the messy living room, plopping down on the other side of the couch as she. He knew exactly what she was going to say. She was going to ask-

“Alex, what happened last night?” There it was.

At that second, all of last night’s events came rushing back to him, as if maybe the sound of her voice was a trigger set to his mind.

She had been beyond smashed, even more so than before, and he was well on his way. He remembered how Skylar walked up to him on the couch, after Zack had left to the bathroom, of course. He remembered the look she gave him when she sat on his lap, asking for a dance. He remembered that her breath smelt heavily of beer, but he paid it no mind as he let her lead him out to the area made specifically for this. He remembered the song having a bit of a seductive edge to it. He remembered the way her hips rotated against his, and the way his pants tightened after a few minutes. But most of all, he remembered her taking his hand, and leading him to the nearest bedroom.

At that point, he knew things would get out of hand. She was quick to remove both shirts, and pull him down on the bed, on top of her. His lips attached to her neck as his hands trailed down her stomach. Alex stopped at the sound that came out of her mouth. Well, not the sound, but rather the word. “Zack…” She moaned, gripping onto him tighter.

Alex remembered snapping out of it then. He had stopped it before, and he obviously had to do it again. From there, it was a bit of a blur, all he could collect was her sobs as she realized it was Alex, not Zack.

“Alex, Alex?” Skylar’s voice snapped him back into the real world. “Do you remember anything, or were you as off your rocket as I was?”

“Well...” He proceeded in telling her what he had remembered of the drunken night before, of course without as many details.

She leaned back onto the couch, sighing. “We… have to stop this.”

“Stop what?” He chuckled.

“This! Us! I’ve- technically -cheated on Zack two times now, both with you! I mean, you’re one of his best friends!”

“I think you’re blowing this out of proportion.”

“You know what? Forget you. You only care about yourself, and how you feel. Screw you, and leave me alone.”

|~|~|~|

Zack’s mind was out of control as he lay down on the dirty couch. Skylar had gone to pay a visit to her parents, even though her mother wanted nothing of that.

Had he done the right thing?

When Skylar was done talking to Alex, she had stomped back into the room, grabbing Zack’s hand and dragging him to the bathroom.

“…We were both drunk,” She finished.

He sighed, one forearm sweeping across his face as he paced the small area. “You have no feelings for him, correct?”

“Of course not. He’s… a bump in the road.”

Another sigh. “I honestly can’t see any way to blame you. I mean, you were so messed up.” He laughed. “And it’s kinda a plus that you didn’t know it was Alex.” He smirked. Her face went red as she buried her face in the hands. She knew she shouldn’t have told him.

“Hey, I’m just joking.” Zack took her hands away from her face, and pulled her in for a hug.

“So we’re okay?” Skylar asked uncertainly.

“Of course,” He spoke, kissing her forehead. “I trust you.”

|~|~|~|

Girls’ day.

Why are men so curious, when only gets them in trouble? Skylar thought.

Taylor, Skylar, Kara, and Nicole came up with a plan after all was cleaned up and they were back at the hotel. Amelia had gone home, still a little sour.

“So, we’re game?” Nicole asked as they sat huddled on Rian’s bed.

“Yes,” They girls chorused.

In all honestly, the girls needed a day away from the guys, but it was just too fun messing with them at the same time. After Kara brought up to Nicole that they should have a girl’s day, away from the guys, Taylor overheard the men plotting to follow the ladies around on their day out.

They could have it their way.

It seemed as though the guys thought that the girls’ day would be full of pedicures, and shopping. The girly essentials in life. They were wrong.

They sent Kara and Skylar into the living room to invite the guys along, seeing as they were curious of the situation. Jack agreed first, and decided to make some fun out of it.

“If we can endure an entire day of whatever girly shit you four pile on us, you’re our personal slaves for a day.”

Kara stepped up, “Fine, but if any of you back out of anything we tell you to do-”

“That has to do with the typical ‘girly day’,” Skylar breaks in.

Kara looks at her. “Right, and if you do, you’re our slaves for the day.”

“Shake on it,” Alex says from the couch.

Kara and Jack shake hands.

“No stopping now.”

|~|~|~|

“Boys! You ready?” Nicole called back to Jack and Alex, who were still in the bathroom.

“Almost!”

“I swear, those boys take more time to do their hair then they do in sound check.” Kara sighed. “I’m all for ditching them. Sound good?”

“I heard that!” Jack called.

“God, could you hurry up?” It was Skylar’s turn to be irritated.

“We’re ready, lovelies!” Jack barged into the room, Alex hot on his heels. Their hair looked the same as the day before… and the day before that… and the day before that…

“Does it really take you guys that long to fix your hair?” Nicole chided.

“Yeah,” Alex admitted, sheepishly.

Rian sighed, “Imagine what it feels like for us. Let’s get going already.” He was probably the only one not excited for their little trip.

They piled into the van, and headed off to the mall.

If only the guys knew what they had coming.

|~|~|~|

“Come on! You promised!” Kara whined.

“I’m not coming out!”

“Please, baby, for me?” She pouted through the door.

Rian sighed through the dressing room door. “Fine, Kara, but only you get to see it.”

“Yay!” She squealed as her boyfriend cracked open the door, just enough for her to see.

Or so he though.

What he didn’t know, was that as soon as the door was opened, the little blinds through the door were practically see-through, and they could see everything. Rian turned his head as he heard their laughter, surprised when he saw everyone through the small door. He jumped back into the dressing room, slamming the door behind him.

Lingerie did not look good on Rian. Especially not in pink.

Victoria’s Secret was the first store they had stopped at, and of course, all four of the guys had been eager to go in, but for different reasons.

All the girls had been assigned guys for the day. The obvious, Zack and Skylar, and Rian and Kara. And then the almost-couple, Jack and Nicole. That left Alex and Taylor, though Alex didn’t seem to mind, he acted like a mentor to her, but they all often forgot that she was only sixteen.

“My turn!” Skylar squealed, grabbing Zack’s hand as she led him to the racks of skimpy clothing. “Hmm… what’s my favorite color?” She mused, tapping her chin. “Purple!” She chose, picking one off the rack, one that looked as if it would fit him. “Here, go get dressed.” She playfully pushed Zack towards the dressing room, as he eyed the tiny piece with distaste.

“This would look better on you,” He muttered before he stalked into the dressing room. The girls giggled.

Jack popped his head out the door a little. He stared at the girls, they stared back. Suddenly, he swung the rest of the door open to reveal the hot, tiny, red number that Nicole, who was now doubled over in laughter, had picked out. He closed it as quickly as it had been opened. Peek-a-boo.

“Zack, you ready?”

“Never!”

Skylar sighed as she moved to the next door.

“Alex? You done yet?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, then come out!”

“No, thanks. Try again next time.”

She found herself sighing a lot today.

“Come on, you guys! You two are gonna lose for us all!” Jack whinnied, back in his clothes.

There was a moment of silence, before Rian broke it. “Dude… Did you just whinny? Like a horse?”

Everyone began laughing as Jack’s eyes bugged. “N-no. I didn’t!” His cheeks tinted pink.

“Yeah, you did! You sounded like a horse!” Alex laughed through the door.

“Shut up, cocksucker!” Jack yelled back.

“You first, jackass!”

“Suck a dick, man!”

“Your mom’s dick!”

Kara rolled her eyes.

“Excuse me, gentleman, but we don’t allow vulgar language in the store, we’re going to have to ask you folks to leave.” A middle aged staff manager appeared out of nowhere.

“Of course, sorry for the inconvenience.” Kara apologized, before grabbing Rian and Jack’s hands and dragging them out of the store. The girls followed, and they stood outside the store as they waited for the other two.

When they trudged out, Jack was about ready to run, knowing what Kara was thinking. “You lost!”

“We did not!”

“Yeah, you guys didn’t show us. Therefore, you lost.”

“Who said we weren’t going to?”

“You had time, you didn’t show us.”

Kara and Alex continued to argue before Taylor stepped up. “How ‘bout we tiebreak?”

Alex looked at Kara. “Sure. But, how?”

“Hmm…. it has to be interesting.”

“Laser tag.” Skylar spoke up, as if not thinking about it. “Two teams. Boys and girls. Whoever wins gets the slaves.”

“I’m cool with that,” Alex agreed, looking towards Kara for agreement.

“You’re on, Gaskarth.”

|~|~|~|

Everyone was in their positions, ready for the alarm to go off, to start the fight. The girls were dressed in red, the guys had green, and the arena was two stories.

“We ready?” Nicole whispered.

“Yeah,” Taylor agreed, just in time for the bell to go off, signaling the beginning of the game. Taylor and Nicole braced themselves to protect the tent, as Kara and Skylar took off towards the guys’.

Skylar was almost instantly shot.

A roaring laughter powered over the others, Skylar looked. Alex was now chuckling, looking towards something behind her. She turned to see a confused looking Jack trying to shoot his gun, which was now deactivated, due to Alex’s shooting rampage. Skylar was healed b this time, and quickly shot Alex before running off. They had no one watching their goal. She quickly shot it, before making it back to her goal.

The game ended just like it started.

My friends are a different breed, my friends are everything…
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! long chapter! 2,159.
It's because I suck at updating.
Who do you think won?
Favorite part?
Mine was:
"If we can endure an entire day of whatever girly shit you four pile on us, you’re our personal slaves for a day.”

Thank you to:
ShutUpChristine
Akayytoremember
xGaskarthlovex
Classy Not Classic
rivals are insane
We won't fade away
Gaskarthasaurus;
heroesfail;
cellina_love

Thanks to you 9!

Comments= Slave day and results.

Oh, and I have a new story (oh, really). This ones gonna be great! It's an All Time Low, and it has a plot a little different than most. First chapter up soon! The Hook Up.
Check it out?
Thanks!
Ash.

EDIT: Girls' Outfits.