Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Twenty-Two.

Tuesday, May 28th, 2009

Tie.

The game the day earlier had been a tie, an exact tie. So what were they supposed to do?

Four best scores: Skylar, Jack, Zack, and Kara.

So, they won.

Jack and Zack high-fived and gloated about their ‘skills’, while Kara and Skylar giggle in the corner; he others guessed that they were plotting a plan. They came back, their faces stone solid, and they knew they weren’t going to say a thing.

“Guess you’ll just have to wait until tomorrow!” Jack and sung, before grabbing Nicole’s hand and skipping off to the van. Everyone rolled their tired eyes and followed the two out.

The losers were going to have a long night wondering.

|~|~|~|

“Okay, so we lied- we’ve got nothing!” Skylar said as she clapped her hands together.

“And by nothing, we mean nothing. We stayed up all night wondering like you four num-nuts did.” Jack laughed.

“So, we’re going to play it by ear, and just relax while you guys do what we say.” Kara smiled.

“Oh,” Zack turned to the girls, “And we have something… important to tell you guys.” All the boys exchanged nervous looks.

“We’re going on tour in a week, and we want you to come with us!” Jack boomed, like he couldn’t keep it in any longer.

The girls just looked at each other.

Alex sat down, “Okay, so the reason we didn’t tell you guys sooner, is that we wanted to make sure the label would let you guys come with us. We didn’t want to ask, and then pull back. But they say you guys can come. It’ll be cramped, but I’m sure we could make it work.” Alex smiled at Skylar.

She smiled back lightly. “Um, I don’t exactly think I can make it…”

“Why not?” Zack asked, curious.

“Well, you see, with my mum and all…” All the boys hung their heads. They really shouldn’t have asked, with her mother in the condition she was in, there was no way she could leave with them.

“We understand, you need to be here for your mother.” Zack spoke first.

“We shouldn’t have brought it up,” Alex.

“It’s okay, you guys forgot. But just because I can’t, doesn’t mean the others can’t.” She smiled softly as she looked at the other girls. They looked back at her. Her and Taylor both needed support.

Rian understood immediately, “We all understand. Its fine and we really shouldn’t have forced this on you like this.”

“Thanks,” Taylor and Nicole murmured.

“I would come, but school calls back home.” Kara sighed.

“Sorry, you guys.” Skylar apologized for all of them.

“It’s fine, babe, we were just wondering.” Zack smiled.

That was just one roadblock.

|~|~|~|

“Alex! I need more water!”

“Alex! My feet hurt!”

“Alex! I can’t find the remote.”

“Ale-ex! Where are you, my love?!”

Kara, Skylar, Jack, and Zack were teasing Alex, constantly calling him for things.

Rian, Taylor, and Nicole were leaning against the kitchen counters, laughing their asses off. They were asked to do absolutely nothing for the whole day.

“Argh, you little dickwads. I hate you guys. Seriously.” Alex groaned as he walked in the main room with the remote to the TV, and a water bottle for Skylar. He threw the remote at Rian, and opened the water bottle for Sky.

“Love you,” She murmured.

Oh, how he wished that were true.

“Mhm,”

|~|~|~|

Zack looked over at his girlfriend. God, she was amazing. He was beginning to feel… different about her. Like his feeling were growing stronger, and he knew he was falling hard.

But then… he saw how Alex watched her.

He could already tell that Alex was in love with the girl, but he himself was close behind.

He felt bad, of course. Alex was so torn up looking every time Zack or Skylar would hug, kiss, or hold hands; a reminder that what he wanted so much, was not his to have.

“Love you,” She spoke softly to Alex when he had handed her a water bottle.

Zack watched as Alex’s eyes closed, and he seemed to be holding back, “Mhm,” He retreated back to the kitchen.

The blonde haired boy sighed and grabbed Skylar’s hand. She looked so tired. She had been for the past few days, he had noted. On the outside, she was happy. She was her normal, bubbly self. But on the inside, she was mourning. Mourning of the death that was soon to come. Her worrying had tired her out, and she had no more energy left.

Oh, sometimes how he wished he could save her.

She’s outta control, so beautiful…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that this is so short and it's been so long! School has been crazy.
So, I've started a Lisa/Alex story, called Hard to be Faithful, another Alex story, called Finding the Peace, and an orginal, called Orchids, Darling. Check those out?
Also! Great news! I've fully mapped out this story! It will have 50 chapters, and then have a sequel. I know it's a little far off, but I've already made a sequel summary, which you can find at the top. Go subscribe to it, and comment with what you think about the summary, and what'll happen!

I've also finally launched my Layout Website, and Hale and I's fiction website. That just promoted great fiction, and you guys can sumbit your stories as well!

Thanks to:
Kara Diakoulas;
shgvegas
Kennedy Brock;
brianna7x
Akayytoremember
rivals are insane
aahkassidylyric
(x20)
ShutUpChristine
cellina_love
xGaskarthlovex
violeteyes
Classy Not Classic
empty promises;
Daughter Of Poseidon

14! Thank you!

So, what do you think of the new layout! I may change the text back to center, but tell me what you think!

Favorite part? That always helps me improve my writing.

Comments= Boys leave. Serious shit starts to go down (two chapters from now)

Thanks! Ash.