Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Five.

Tuesday, April 7th, 2009

Monday had been a fun day. Rian, Jack, Zack, and Sky had rampaged through Wal-Mart, ruining half the store, and succeeding in getting kicked out, which was only an accomplishment for Jack. Then they had gone to a little pizza parlor, and ate there, joking around and having fun. Alex and Amelia, however, were no-shows to any of the day’s activities. And for some reason, that hadn’t surprised any of the ‘fun four’, as Jack had appropriately named them after Rian bought the group cotton candy on the board walk.

The three members of All Time Low immensely approved of Skylar, and took her under their wings. Of course, in the midst of three famous band members, especially when one was as outrageous as Jack, there was bound to be trouble. Angry fan-girl, trouble. Apparently, Amelia wasn’t the only one with a huge obsession with All Time Low in North Carolina. It was crazy. Even through all the comments, name-calling and insults, Sky was able to keep her head up, and one of the boys kept an arm around her at all times.

After the almost kiss that had erupted between Zack and Skylar the Sunday before, there was a little tension between the two of them. And it wasn’t a bad tension. It was sexual tension. And it was building up every second they were alone together. This seemed to be happening a lot, considering the fact that Rian and Jack just wanted them to kiss and get it over with.

But, Skylar didn’t want to get into a relationship just yet. For one, it was way too soon, she had known him for less than a week. And, two, even though she was starting to like him, he lived all the way in Maryland, and the boys were set to leave in a mere three days. It wasn’t enough time.

On Monday night, it was so late, and they were all very tired, so she opted to just stay the night. Alex was out that night so his bed was empty for her use.

When they woke up at noon on Sunday, though, they were surprised to see Alex and Amelia sitting at the bar the kitchen, feeding each other various foods from the breakfast buffet downstairs. They were giggling to each other, large smiles on their faces. Zack and Amelia were the first to come out, to witness this.

Zack was too asleep to care, and Skylar didn’t quite know what to think. So, she followed Zack, and made the two of them coffee. Zack yawned a quick, ‘thanks’, before downing the whole cup, and putting his head down on the table. Sky snorted. Typical boy. It was then that she finally noticed how Alex and Amelia were staring at her.

“What?” She asked defensively, self conscience.

Amelia shrugged. Alex smirked, “Are you guys sleeping together?”

“No. Why?”

“Just wondering.”

“Well, keep you… wonders to yourself.” He laughed out loud at that. Amelia giggled.

It was obvious who wore the pants in this relationship, Skylar thought to herself as Amelia openly gaped at Alex.

Sky walked over to Amy and plucked a bagel and some grapes off her plate, putting them on a napkin to eat.

Amelia glared playfully, and then kissed Alex forcefully. “Ew! Ew, nobody wants to see that.” Alex pulled away laughing while panting for air.

“Sky, can I talk to you for a sec?” Amy grabbed Skylar’s arm without waiting for her response and dragged her to the entrance way. She turned back to her best friend. “Alex asked me to be his girlfriend!” She squealed, pulling Skylar into a hug. A hug that almost had Sky toppling backwards.

“He- he asked you to be his girlfriend?”

“Yes! Aren’t you happy for me?”

“Well, no. Alex is a player, and you guys won’t be able to see each other, and-” She was interrupted.

“That obviously isn’t stopping you and Zack.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re a hypocrite. Zack sleeps around, too. And you won’t be able to see him ever, so why don’t you just take your own advice for once.” And with that, she walked away, leaving the brunette stunned into silence.

|~|~|~|

“I have a feeling this won’t turn out right. I mean, just look at him.” Sky ranted to Rian, who sat on the swing beside her. Zack and Jack were playing football. Well, Zack was playing football. Jack was more like attempting to play. Rian and Sky sat on the swings beside each other, They were watching as Alex and Amy flirted from across the park, but while Amelia was all over Alex, Alex’s eyes were on a certain red head walking with her friends in the parking lot next to the park. Sky was disgusted with him; he had a girlfriend now, he couldn’t do that anymore.

“I don’t have too good a feeling about it, either. He has a history, and I know you’re worried about Amelia,” The boys had taken to calling her strictly by her real name, “But there’s nothing you can do. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, she just has a past. Her heart has been broken one too many times for my liking, and I don’t want it to happen again.”

“Well, I can’t promise that,”

Sex and white lies, handcuffs and alibis…