Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Six.

Wednesday, April 8th, 2009

It was the day before the boys were set to go back to Maryland, and no one was happy about it. Everyone had their reasons.

Skylar was going to miss the three friends she made. And, she would miss Zack. She realized her feelings for him. She had developed a crush. She hadn’t had a crush in years, since freshman year. The feeling was almost foreign to her. He had promised her that when they came back, for they were soon, he would treat her out to a real date.

Zack would miss Skylar, just as she would him. He had liked her from their ‘date’. But, there was another reason he didn’t want to go. And his name was Alexander William Gaskarth. Zack didn’t want to have to put up with Alex until they came back. Zack thought that Alex could be fateful to this one girl, but Rian and Sky knew otherwise.

Rian would miss one of his new best friends, someone he could vent to, and vice versa. But, he had promised her that he would watch out for Alex; make sure he didn’t do anything that could potentially hurt Amelia. He did it for Skylar.

Jack, well, Jack was Jack. He would miss Skylar, like everyone else, but he was also a little bummed out because, in his words, ‘the food in North Carolina was the shizzle’. He was planning on visiting very soon.

Amelia would miss her boyfriend, and that was about it. She hadn’t made friends with the others, rally, and she was secretly jealous of Sky for that. But, she would miss Alex very much. She was falling oh, so very hard for him, even though she knew it would only lead to heartbreak, but she couldn’t help it.

Alex probably felt the least out everyone. He was mad. He had met his challenge, and it was getting harder to deal with, every day. He couldn’t really care less for his ‘girlfriend’, she was a prop. He had heard how Skylar had told Amelia that Alex was just using her. He had to prove he wasn’t… even though he was. But he had to have her. Something about her drew him in. But now, she was Zack’s, she was untouchable. Well, to anyone else, at least. This is Alex Gaskarth, he can do anything.

He would have her.

|~|~|~|

The carnival was open and in full swing. Kids giggling, and having fun. While the adults were trying desperately to catch them. The rides squeaking and music blaring. It was a hot mess.

The group of six walked along the boardwalk, where the carnival was taking place, just chatting. Well, Amelia still wasn’t very close to the boys, they talked, but mostly she stayed out of the conversation. Skylar and Alex didn’t say a word to each other, but they still laughed, and participated. They were lucky that it was more of a kids’ carnival, there were few teenagers over the age of sixteen there. The boys were able to pass with just sunglasses.

Jack, of course, had been the one to drag them there. He planned it all out. They would stay at the carnival until eight, and then head back to the hotel and get ready until nine, when they would all go out to a club. He had scored fake ID’s for the girls. Then the DD would drive them back to the hotel around midnight, and they would continue the party there. In Jack’s mind, it was perfect.

“Sy-Sy! Look, we have to go on that one!” He pointed, grabbing on to Skylar’s arm.

Zack laughed, “That’s his favorite.”

It was called Crazy Mouse. It was similar to a kiddie’s roller coaster, except it went about three times as fast, and the cart spun and rapid turns. She saw why Jack liked it.

“Okay, Jack, we can go on that one.” Jack skipped over, and pulled his friend with him.

The ride would only allow four people per cart, and Zack didn’t really want to go. Rian was afraid of it, because of the turning. So that left Jack, Sky, Amelia, and Alex to ride. Jack got in first, and Amelia sat beside Jack, probably wanting to try and befriend him. This left it so Skylar and Alex had to sit by each other.

Everyone buckled in, and the ride started. Jack’s smile was wide enough for everyone. The ride was half way up, and about then did it start to turn, it jerked to the left, and Sky felt into Jack. Then, it rode on its right for a while, leaning heavily. Sky was pushed into Alex, and couldn’t get off, because Jack had fallen onto her. Alex wrapped his arms around her, and Jack too. Amelia was green with envy. Suddenly, it jerked back to the right, and Alex fell into Skylar. He laughed lightly into her neck, his warm breath hitting her smooth skin. She shivered, instantly embedded with goose bumps. Pleasure.

When it finally got back on track, and they were back in place, Jack yelled, “I love this ride!” At the top of his lungs, receiving strange looks from other riders. Jack and Alex shared some kind of inside joke, before laughing and bumping fists. They both sat back in the seats, and put their arms up on the seats behind them. Amelia and Skylar couldn’t help but laugh, as they did it in perfect synchronization.

Slowly, as the ride began to come to a stop, Alex’s fingers began to creep down to Skylar’s neck, running his fingers along it lightly. Skylar was unable to hold back her shiver, and he smirked as she did so. She found herself leaning into his hand as he began to rub it lightly. She wasn’t completely sure of what he was doing, but it felt good. And truth be told, he wasn’t sure what he was doing, either, but she seemed to enjoy it, so he continued until the ride came to a complete stop, when he pulled his hand away abruptly, helping Amelia off the ride. Jack jumped down, and told Skylar to jump on his back. She complied, and he ran towards the boys. She jumped off, wobbling lightly while Zack helped to steady her. They smiled to each other, before Jack grabbed both of their hands, leading them to the next ride he wished to go on.

|~|~|~|

The Maze of Wonders, Jack’s favorite attraction. It was lowered down on a big metal platform. First, you got through the fake set of hedges, then the horror house, and finally the mirror maze. They paired up, Alex and Amelia, Rian and Jack, and Zack and Skylar. They had all been separated. Zack and Skylar, were still in the hedges, and had been for thirty minutes. They were stuck, plain in simple. But at least it was time well spent. They joked around, and talked about everything, occasionally flirting. Finally, they found the way to the horror house.

Zack was waiting for her to jump, and run into his arms, in fact he kinda wanted it to happen, but the time never came. She had she opposite reaction, actually. She laughed and giggled at the fakeness of it all. The place reeked of the ketchup that was supposed to look like blood, and the paper-like material wrapped around the popping-out mummies was obviously something very similar to toilet paper. Soon after, Zack began to laugh along with her, pointing out little things that would make her giggle. He put his arms around her shoulder when they got comfortable, pulling her a tad closer with every step.

The horror house was coming to a quick end, followed by the mirror maze. This was the tricky part. It wasn’t like the kiddies ones they had at the fairs, it was hard. Zack softly took Skylar’s hand as they walked in, Zack first. Almost immediately, he ran face-first into a mirror. Skylar began laughing so hard she had to use the mirror beside her to hold herself up. They continued.

Somewhere along the way, their date slipped into the conversation. “That was… very awkward.” Zack commented.

“Yeah, I guess it was.”

“Sky, I’m gonna be honest with you; I like you. I really do. But, I want to do this right.”

“I like you, too. We get along so great, and I really appreciate it all. You’ve listened to my worries, you haven’t complained, and you make me feel safe, something I need.” She mumbled the last part, her face flaming up.

“Hey, you don’t have to get all embarrassed, I feel the same.”

She smiled, and he smiled back.

“Hey, lovebirds! Over here! I’m stick! I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up.” Jack dramatically fell to the floor of the mirror maze. Rian must’ve ditched him at some point.

Zack and Skylar both rolled their eyes before walking over to their friend.

Keeps me wanting, keeps me wanting more…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I got reported, for grammar and spelling mistakes. I use Word, it corrects any that I may have.
And, for my last chapter, I only got one comment. And I have 16 subscribers. Can we try for at least two? It would mean alot.