Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Eight.

Thursday, April 9th, 2009

Skylar woke up a killer headache, but she noticed she was laying on something hard, but rather soft. Something was draped over her legs, an arm around her waist, and something on her stomach. She opened her eyes. Her head was on Zack’s shirtless chest; he was lying right next to her head. Jack’s head was on her stomach, he was laying to her right; Alex’s arm was draped over her waist, he was on her left; and last but not least, Rian’s leg was thrown over hers, he was lying horizontally across the bed. She heard stirring. She lifted her neck up, careful not to wake up the boys. Amelia had a water bottle and some pills, and was holding them out towards Skylar. She smirked, “Having fun cuddling up with your favorite band?”

Sky looked at her, pleading with her eyes, “Help me,” She joked. She was actually quite comfy. But she wanted something to hold. She looked to Amy, who was now eating pretzels. “Hand me that pillow?”

“Why? You have Zack.”

“I want something to cuddle.”

With a mouth full of pretzels, she muttered, “You have Alex.”

Sky sighed and looked over at Alex. Amelia was just being lazy, now. “I don’t want to cuddle with that thing.”

“Thanks,” He yawned, sitting up. She pushed him back down. Amelia got up and left for the bathroom. The shower turned on.

“You’re gonna wake the boys’ up!” She explained.

He laughed, and flicked Zack, who just groaned and rolled over away from everyone, leaving a pouting Sky without a pillow. “Now see what you’ve done?”

“Aw, don’t be mad,” He pouted.

“Go get in the shower with your girlfriend or something.”

“Fine, I will.” He got up and took his shirt off, throwing it on Zack, “You know you want this.” He said, before walking to the bathroom.

“Whose shirt is this?” A sleepy Zack asked, rolling back over.

“Yay! I have my pillow back!” She snuggled into his chest, making him chuckle. “Oh, and that’s Alex’s.”

“Why is…”

“Don’t ask.”

“Okay, but can I ask you something else?”

“Shoot,”

“Why is Jack laying on your stomach?”

“Because he’s Jack Barakat,”

“And he can do whoever the hell he wants to.” They finished in unison, laughing at the saying Jack had made up the day before.

“Ow…” Skylar said, holding her head, maybe they had laughed a little too loudly. She looked at him, he seemed fine, “Weren’t you just as shitfaced as I was?”

“My tolerance has grown. I’m fine.” He reached over and grabbed the water bottle she had dropped, and handed it to her.

“Thanks,”

“Welcome. We should probably get up, though. Need help?”

“Yeah, I’m kinda scared to wake Jack up though. Not sure what he’ll do, he looks pretty comfortable.” She looked down at her stomach.

I would be, too. Zack thought. “He won’t do anything, just slide out.” She did so, and Zack quickly placed a pillow underneath Jack’s head.

“Thanks,” She whispered again as she headed for the living room. Zack slipped out of bed too, not bothering to put a shirt, and followed her. They sat on the small couch, turning the TV on, volume almost all the way down. “The shower will be awhile, Amy and Alex are pleasuring each other.

“Figures. So, whose car will we be riding in? Because we have to drop off the rental van on the way there,”

“Most likely Amelia’s, unless someone else is coming. I don’t have one.”

“Okay, that’ll work.”

Alex and Amelia finally come out to the living room, big smiles on their faces. Zack and Skylar’s faces were twisted in disgust. “Okay, you two can have the shower, now.”

“You can go first,” Zack and Skylar mumbled in unison. “Seriously, I don’t take that long, go on ahead.” Zack said. Skylar got up, and grabbed her bag.

“Amelia, are we using your car?”

“Obviously.”

|~|~|~|

Amelia and Skylar followed behind the tan rental van to the car lot. The boys were cleaning up the van as Rian drove, trying to save time for when they got there, which seemed to come too quickly. The girls helped the boys clean out the rest of the car, before turning it in and walking back to Amy’s car. “Okay, so I drive the car, because it’s mine, but someone is gonna have to sit in someone else’s lap for the next hour and a half to the airport. I don’t give a damn who, just don’t puke on anything, don’t wipe your feet on anything. Don’t eat anything in my car and don’t drink anything in my car. Got it?” Amelia looked at the boys, Jack saluted with two fingers, Rian nodded, Zack looked down, and Alex yelled a quick ‘shotgun!’ before running around to the other side to sit in the passenger seat. Jack got in behind Alex and Rian got in next.

Zack looked to Skylar, “Me, or Rian?” She shrugged, and he slipped in after Rian, patting his lap. Sky hesitantly sat in his lap, and his arms wound around her waist, the makeshift seat belt. Thought on the outside, they looked rather awkward, on the inside, they were both radiating with happiness. Skylar yawned as the car started. “If you’re tired, you can sleep, I really don’t mind.” He whispered into her ear, his warm breath hitting her neck lightly, making her shiver. He chuckled, tightening his arms around her. She rested her head in his shoulder, snuggling her small frame closer to him.

Rian looked at them, missing is girlfriend, Kara. It had only been a week since he’d seen her, and his heart was already aching. He stared at Zack and Skylar, Skylar now asleep, and Zack holding her tightly to his body, falling asleep as well, and it reminded him of his relationship. But he’d see her later today. He wished the best for Zack and Sky, knowing they’d be good together.

The rest of the ride went smoothly, Alex had plugged in his iPod, and blink-182 rang loudly through the speakers. Surprisingly, Sky didn’t wake up. She would stir every once in a while, but her and Zack stayed the same. When they finally got to the airport, everyone helped carry bags, and they checked in.

An hour later, they were waiting in the terminal, saying goodbyes. Jack ran over to the girls, who stood side by side, and group hugged them. Amelia smiled widely that she had been accepted in one way or another, and hugged her favorite guitarist. Next was Rian, he gave both girls hugs, but took Skylar in a little closer. Zack awkwardly hugged Amelia, and walked over to Skylar hugging her, he whispered in her ear, “We’ll be back in about two weeks. Alex can’t stay away for too long, and when we come back, I’ll take you on that date.” He kissed her cheek, and when they pulled away, they saw Alex and Amy shamelessly locked in a heated make-out session. When they finally pulled apart, and saw everyone in their group was staring at them, Amelia blushed and pushed Alex away, looking down at her feet. But Alex was looking at Skylar.

He walked towards her, his arms open for a hug, and she did. He wasn’t as bad as she had thought, ”And tell me, did Venus blow your mind, was it everything you wanted to find, and did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?” He sang softly in her ear before pulling back and patting her shoulder as if saying, ‘good job’, before walking to his bags, and picking them up. He looked up at the clock.

Now boarding flight 484 at gate B. 484 at gate B.

They all waved before picking their bags up, and walking towards the gate. Alex sent a wink their way.

But who was it for?

A touch of redemption, a hint of elation…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this one was boring.
And the next few might be too, I'm trying to make this as realistic as possible.
I also might be starting another fan-fic soon.
Oh, and I need help, like I said before, I don't know who I want her to be with at this point, so tell me, who???
It may get easier later on.
Oh, and follow me on --->Twitter!
I might have spoilers on there.
And check out my Tumblr!
I will have spoilers there!
Thank you to Francishizzle and fallen_dust for commenting on the last chapter.
Thank you!